Jelwood cleared

Started by chaosAD, April 30, 2012, 05:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chopps

Quote from: Kuruki on April 30, 2012, 07:21:56 PM
Quote from: Bones Bombers on April 30, 2012, 07:03:01 PM
No way he should be let off. He did the same thing last year to Guerra and got weeks cos he slapped a bit higher and hurt his eardrum. He can't even punch, he slaps.
The MRP have been looking too much at the injuries caused and not just the offence, except for Goodes sliding. You can't just hit someone like a girl and get away with it. My sister used to hit harder than that.

I got slapped in the face in a game of Rugby and i started an all in brawl. I got punched a few weeks later and just shrugged it off. There is nothing more degrading then being slapped. Raines had to defend his pride. Selwood should get weeks for being a little dog.

that makes no sense.

if the MRP decideds selwood doesnt hit raines or hit him harder enough, again if selwood is smart enough not to close fist punch someone then good on him, if raines is stupid enough to punch him back in the head then he deserves a game, i am not saying selwood starting it is ok but thats the MRP for you its not selwoods fault how they come to their decision

Holz

the last couple of weeks have been carnage, selwood cleared gaz possibly back it could be the start of a great round where the par is 2200+.

truBLUE

Quote from: Holzman on April 30, 2012, 08:03:12 PM
the last couple of weeks have been carnage, selwood cleared gaz possibly back it could be the start of a great round where the par is 2200+.
gee i hope so  :P

Doyle

Everyone at the AFL administration loves Selwood. He never gets long suspensions (although he did once) last year, I think.

Slashers

mpollock

For those who have seen the footage of the Sam Newman "cat slap" on the footy show the other year, clearly Joel Selwood has been mentored by the orginal cat slapper from Geelong  ;D

unceramonius

Nails, how can Selwood get off for being the poster boy.....when he got done for 4 weeks last year on pretty much non existant footage?

If i remember correctly (which i do) didnt nic nat hit a guy with his head over the ball last year. Even the insanely biased west australian paper succumbed to him sitting a few weeks.  HE GOT OFF.

Poster boy if i ever i saw one

Chopps

Quote from: unceramonius on April 30, 2012, 08:52:35 PM
Nails, how can Selwood get off for being the poster boy.....when he got done for 4 weeks last year on pretty much non existant footage?

If i remember correctly (which i do) didnt nic nat hit a guy with his head over the ball last year. Even the insanely biased west australian paper succumbed to him sitting a few weeks.  HE GOT OFF.

Poster boy if i ever i saw one

can you ever have a point without bringing your bias west coast argument with it ? footage isnt the only thing in the game they have people at the game and got a report from the medicos and i am pretty sure guerra can remember who perforated his ear drum

Chopps

Quote from: Doyle on April 30, 2012, 08:09:43 PM
Everyone at the AFL administration loves Selwood. He never gets long suspensions (although he did once) last year, I think.

dont quote me but i believe he hasn't been reported before that incident on guerra

unceramonius

Thats  a pathetic argument.  YOU CANT convict somebody without footage, dont be daft.

As for once again bringing up eagles...well i like to bring up examples when people make stupid comments. It just always seems to be the eagles. ( go figure)  That should be more telling than any statement

mpollock

@unceramonius - just want to check ... are you seriously implying that Selwood should have gotten off?

Leaving consistency (or lack of) by the MRP and other similar incidents aside for a minute ...

Selwood puched/hit/slapped (regardless made deliberate contact) a guy in the face ... this is a fact ... this should get weeks.  Full stop.

unceramonius

No i dont. I have already said in a previous topic what he did was pathetic, and it was even worse that scott and him were laughing after.

mpollock

Ok, no worries ... as i said ... just wanted to check  :)

I agree him and Scott laughing about it was very wrong!!

Chopps

Quote from: unceramonius on April 30, 2012, 09:04:08 PM
Thats  a pathetic argument.  YOU CANT convict somebody without footage, dont be daft.

As for once again bringing up eagles...well i like to bring up examples when people make stupid comments. It just always seems to be the eagles. ( go figure)  That should be more telling than any statement

there was footage (guerra incident), it was fairly unclear but they don't just look at footage they take reports from medicos and player statements.

bringing up the eagles is one thing but the way you do it you clearly have a bias negative opinion about them so your opinion doesn't carry the same weight IMO. again just my take

mpollock

Correct me if i am wrong but:

- In the past have the tribunal always had access to clear video footage?  Technology has not always been what it is now.

- In a court of law (which is basically what the tribunal has now become with qualified lawyers representing clubs/players) ... they convict all the time with no video evidence ... a murder is not usually caught on video for example ...

Just my two cents ...  ;D