Previous topic - Next topic

Which one?

Beams
17 (51.5%)
Chapman
16 (48.5%)

Total Members Voted: 1

lollipop man

Chappy $30k cheaper and looks to have bottomed out, but will definitely be rested whereas Beams probably won't be. Thoughts?

MGK1

i want beams but i only have selwood for geelong.

dont trust having 4-5 collingwood players in the same team. Pendles, Swan and Sidey are musts.

Chapman for me.

tbagrocks

Beams. as good as chappy is he doesn't have the scoring power of Beams who plays in Collingwoods midfield, slow start but he proved last week how good he is

fertalong

Quote from: MGK1 on April 30, 2012, 04:42:32 PM
i want beams but i only have selwood for geelong.

dont trust having 4-5 collingwood players in the same team. Pendles, Swan and Sidey are musts.

Chapman for me.

I'm in the same situation. Already have swan, pendles and sidey. I like beams more than chappy, but don't really want 4 from the same team.

Plastic Boy

Beams all day long... Chappy has been a great player over the years but theres no doubt the older geelong players are starting to lose it DT wise.

I'd be looking for youth and Beams can score massive as proven on the weekend.

Beams hands down!!!!

Cayenne

I went chappy last week thinking that beams was still gonna drop a fair bit... Did not see that 121 coming.

Now that I've got chappy and sidebum, might wait til after the bye to have a look at beams / goodes / other r12 guys.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Plastic Boy on April 30, 2012, 04:53:05 PM
Beams all day long... Chappy has been a great player over the years but theres no doubt the older geelong players are starting to lose it DT wise.

I'd be looking for youth and Beams can score massive as proven on the weekend.

Beams hands down!!!!

This. IMO the older cats are starting to lose it fullstop!

lollipop man

But at the start of the year didn't Buckley say Beams was going to be playing fwd line a lot more. Now, could Beams' big score be because he played a lot more midfield in the absence of Thomas?

Windigo

Beams is young and fit and can only get better and is unique.

Chappy is an old stayer past his dominant scoring days. Still scores well, but Beams easily.  ;)

rider

Quote from: lollipop man on April 30, 2012, 04:57:03 PM
But at the start of the year didn't Buckley say Beams was going to be playing fwd line a lot more. Now, could Beams' big score be because he played a lot more midfield in the absence of Thomas?

Good point!

Ricochet

That was Pre-"Ball injury" tho
He will still get plenty of midfield time

lollipop man

Anyone know why he only payed 16 games last year? And what was wrong with him preseason?

Windigo

Quote from: lollipop man on April 30, 2012, 05:17:18 PM
Anyone know why he only payed 16 games last year? And what was wrong with him preseason?

It was a foot injury.

Colliwobblers

Beams played forward all the end of last season too when he averaged over 100.... Just saying

locknload

Quote from: lollipop man on April 30, 2012, 05:17:18 PM

Injured and Injured.
I think ankle last season? Cant remember what happened this preseason.
Hes a gun though.
You cant go wrong with him or Sidebottom this season.