Ruck Dilemma - Need Expert advice

Started by Mr Adams, April 30, 2012, 01:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Adams

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else is in the same boat with a 2 premium 2 rookie ruck situation, but here we go...

Current ruck setup: Jacobs, Mumford (Giles, Redden). $126K in the bank.

I want to trade out Mummy this week, and see myself having a few key options:

1) Sideways to Sandilands (if he's fit and named)

2) Downgrade to someone like Ryder (who has the round 12 bye) (and use the extra cash elsewhere)

3) Downgrade to someone like Stephenson (hugely risky, but would free up a ton of cash to use elsewhere).

What would you do?

Justin Bieber

Honestly I would try and get Giles on field. It looks like Jacobs is doing very well, so a downgrade of Mummy would work well.

stew42

I am facing this exact same dilemma (I have exactly the same rucks, except BigO instead of Redden). ATM I'm thinking of bringing in Hmac, who is slaughtering everyone and everything. This would be with the intent of bringing in Murphy for Magner over the next few weeks. I am hoping that Goldy stays with the mighty North Ballarat Roosters in the VFL.

Mr Adams

Whatlez, Jacobs has actually been battling a bit (despite last week's score). But given he's fit I don't really have a choice other than to leave him there.

Stew, Macintosh shares the bye with Jacobs hence that cancels him out. Plus, I am just grappling with the idea of having so much cash sitting on the pine.

Slap

Quote from: stew42 on April 30, 2012, 01:37:52 PM
I am facing this exact same dilemma (I have exactly the same rucks, except BigO instead of Redden). ATM I'm thinking of bringing in Hmac, who is slaughtering everyone and everything. This would be with the intent of bringing in Murphy for Magner over the next few weeks. I am hoping that Goldy stays with the mighty North Ballarat Roosters in the VFL.

This is the idea I am toying with at the moment.  But I don't want to run the risk of Goldy coming back and potentially turnin HMac's scores to 60-80's.

stew42

Yeah, I'm still having trouble adjusting to the fact that Giles is in the top echelon of rucks, he's still a widdle rookie in my eyes  ::)

Lions01

If your prepared to take a hit in round 11 with your rucks, i would just downgrade to Big O and pocket the cash. Giles is going ok and preforming just as good as any other options at the moment.

I think most people will be going with one Premium, Giles, Redden and Big O in to the bye rounds, and hoping that Redden and O get a game in round 11 (I'm one of them)

There might be an opportunity to get a few points on overall if you go with Ryder, then trade Giles out at round 13 for $$$ and upgrading.

kiss01

Tom_16

What about Mcevoy? is suprisingly unique and only one bad score (66 i think), has been very solid for me.

BarnDogg

Quote from: Mr Adams on April 30, 2012, 01:41:15 PM
Whatlez, Jacobs has actually been battling a bit (despite last week's score). But given he's fit I don't really have a choice other than to leave him there.

Far go, he is the 3rd best scoring ruckman in the comp!

Ajax22

Just leave it alone, you can quite likely afford to hold Mummy till he comes back. At this point Giles is scoring well enough to cover for Mummy and any trade you do may still blow up later in the year depending on form, injuries or anything else. The ricks are a little all over th place this year and I feel it's best to just leave that line alone for as long as possible

SydneyRox

I like the Sandi idea, the fact everyone else is struggling with the rucks makes me think having a guy who consistantly spits out 110+ and will be most peoples upgrade target when they do move off Giles.
His BE this week is 87 so now is the time to grab him

rider

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 30, 2012, 04:22:37 PM
I like the Sandi idea, the fact everyone else is struggling with the rucks makes me think having a guy who consistantly spits out 110+ and will be most peoples upgrade target when they do move off Giles.
His BE this week is 87 so now is the time to grab him

+1 Mummy to Sandi and get giles as backup when the big mans calf flairs up. after the byes if jacobs and sandi are consistent downgrade giles...

Grazz

I like the Sandi idea aswell, to me its either that or hold onto Mummy who should get back on the ground and scoring soon. Its an infection not an injury so once thats sorted he should start getting match fit again and producing better numbers.
Sandi doesnt come without risk, been a bit fragile lately but he is the best going around at the minute and if you are going to go sideways with Mummy then you should go to the best option.

Windigo

Something different....

A Sauce & Giles combo would work.

Why not downgrade to Orren and upgrade with all that $$$.  :)