Gary in Doubt

Started by whatlez, April 30, 2012, 01:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Still 50-50 in my book.  ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: tabs on April 30, 2012, 04:57:31 PM
we all know the real reason that GAJ is out

That was when I had cox as my picture. Silly tabs...

Capper

Quote from: whatlez on April 30, 2012, 05:01:29 PM
Quote from: tabs on April 30, 2012, 04:57:31 PM
we all know the real reason that GAJ is out

That was when I had cox as my picture. Silly tabs...
because it looks like cox in the photo :P

crabapples

david.5

Quote from: fertalong on April 30, 2012, 04:56:04 PM
Quote from: zeddyzed on April 30, 2012, 04:50:07 PM
Quote from: fertalong on April 30, 2012, 04:31:09 PM
Quote from: david.5 on April 30, 2012, 02:57:31 PM
i reckon it was a good move trading out GAJ. you have to take risks in dreamteam. Im in the top 200 thanks to that move.

It's actually a silly move, because, yes, it would help you move up the ranking when he's out, but when he comes back and pumps 130 avg again, your ranking will start to slip because you don't have him. By then, he will be 600k and it will cost you an additional 3 trades (2 downgrades + 1 upgrade)  just to get him back in.

Its actually not a silly move if you've made a calculated trade based on your team, ranking etc, and if planned properly shouldnt be hard to get Ablett back. The last 2 weeks have seen the majority of the top teams with injuries, late withdrawals, suspensions and under performing premiums. The perfect time to capitalize on their misfortune. I downgraded Fyfe to Treloar because of the uncertainty surrounding his shoulder, and straight swapped Ablett to Murphy. Carltons fixture is incredibly easy the next few weeks and it'll give me a chance to maintain/improve my ranking on those who have benched Ablett, while also giving my rookies more time to fatten up. The Fyfe downgrade has given me 500k in the bank which i will use to straight swap Magner and Greene to Ablett and Mitchell in 2-3 weeks. So with 4 trades i will have gained Murphy, Mitchell, Treloar and gotten Ablett back, aswell as kept my average up. Makes sense to me!!!

Well you aren't really gaining very much from those trades you mentioned because you are actually 1 premo less than you were.

Yeah pretty much why i traded him out. with my team structure and how players are value and when they'll peak is why i traded him out. I was able to get rockliff and pendles in at the expense of caddy and ablett. The way ive planned it is i probably wont have ablett for a few weeks when does get back and im hoping that he carries some lingering effects of the knee and his value will either decrease or remain the same. after those couple of weeks mcdonald and magner should be ripe and a double trade will get ablett in.

Lucastorm

whatlez change your flowering picture!

Swan please!

david.5

and remember ablett not at 100% is not captain material. just look back to last year at the start of the season where he was pumping out score of sub 100 coz he didnt have a preseason. injuries will set you back a little.

crabapples

Quote from: david.5 on April 30, 2012, 05:14:58 PM
and remember ablett not at 100% is not captain material. just look back to last year at the start of the season where he was pumping out score of sub 100 coz he didnt have a preseason. injuries will set you back a little.

not discounting the lack of pre-season but i think u need to consider the transition he made from arguable the best team of all time to a bunch of kids

david.5

Quote from: crabapples on April 30, 2012, 05:20:00 PM

not discounting the lack of pre-season but i think u need to consider the transition he made from arguable the best team of all time to a bunch of kids

very good point sir. i was just pointing out there is a small element of risk if youre fighting for overall rankings and keeping him

Lucastorm

So when does one say enough and trade out GAJ??

I'm torn, with Selwood a possible suspension, and GAJ out, I would have to play both Oldmac and ShielD.....

I don't know what to do.

Mr.Craig

The real shock to come out of that article was that Horsley is friends with Mr.B

Makes me not want to pick him. ;D :P

fertalong

Quote from: Lucastorm on April 30, 2012, 05:23:29 PM

I'm torn, with Selwood a possible suspension, and GAJ out, I would have to play both Oldmac and ShielD.....

I don't know what to do.

Nothing wrong with fielding those guys. I have been for the last couple of weeks and they've been very serviceable.

Justin Bieber

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Lucastorm on April 30, 2012, 05:23:29 PM

Last week.

If you haven't by now then the advantage you are getting from trading him has diminished by 25%-50% depending on how long he will actually be out for. I'll stick my neck out and say he'll only miss one more week, so you'd be gaining maybe 30-50 points at the cost of a trade. Not worth it.

crabapples

Quote from: david.5 on April 30, 2012, 05:22:41 PM
Quote from: crabapples on April 30, 2012, 05:20:00 PM

very good point sir. i was just pointing out there is a small element of risk if youre fighting for overall rankings and keeping him

yeh not much good havinthat coin on the bench....

i just changed to a bench steward... :(.. i think i  liked being a training scout  :-\