Porplyzia to Dangerfield

Started by henry, April 29, 2012, 11:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I do the trade?

No! There's too much danger involved
5 (29.4%)
Yes! Danger is my middle name!
9 (52.9%)
I don't care as long as there is no danger of any more dangerfield puns.
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1

henry

Ok, so I have 200k  and am looking to make my 1st upgrade of the season. I want to trade porplyzia to dangerfield, basically because I need a round 11 bye forward who will hopefully be a keeper, and I don't see porps averagin much over 60. Danger has a low breakevenof 30 which he will get comfortably so I figure I may as well bring him in this week. The only other round 11 bye forwards I could possibly  get are adams, harvey, tippet or higgins. The only one of these that doesn't make me want to vomit is adams though he's averaging 12pts less per week then danger. If I do the trade I will have 18 trades and 80k left over.

My current forward line is Franklin, Zaharakis, Martin, Christensen, Rioli, PORPLYZIA, D. Smith (Kennedy, Cameron)
Do I pull the trigger?

Artax

A lot smarter than the guy I saw saying he was trading Danger to Porpz!

Colliwobblers

Rioli, he would be going backwards wouldn't he? maybe trade him up before porps, surely porps has a much lowere BE ?

Smart man having Christensen, I didn't have the balls after his questionable pre-season /NAB Cup but otherwise would have, should be a keeper for you.

henry

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 29, 2012, 11:55:42 PM
Rioli, he would be going backwards wouldn't he? maybe trade him up before porps, surely porps has a much lowere BE ?

Smart man having Christensen, I didn't have the balls after his questionable pre-season /NAB Cup but otherwise would have, should be a keeper for you.
Yes he does but imo Rioli has a lot more upside. He averages more yet has been in ordinary form and is capble of 130s. Hard to see porps score more than 80 with big Tex and Tippet, and am willing to persist with cyril as we (the hawks) have had a tough draw so far but the next few weeks are a bit kinder. If he doesn't comd good I will trade him to robbo or sidebum in a few weeks.

Colliwobblers

makes sense, can't argue with that, porps to danger makes sense anyway and it looks like danger has finally arrived...

he still works too hard and doesn't segul the pack enough for cheep easy possessions to be a true DT Slut- but he is getting there  ;D

Slap

if you can turn that 200k into 220k, I'd grab up Mitch Rob.  100 point ave is invaluable in your forwards, and is playing plenty of hard ball in the center (and for a high possession, good team).

tbagrocks

Quote from: Slap on April 30, 2012, 12:04:28 AM
if you can turn that 200k into 220k, I'd grab up Mitch Rob.  100 point ave is invaluable in your forwards, and is playing plenty of hard ball in the center (and for a high possession, good team).
Beams over Robbo any day, ever sidey, nothing against Robbo, but these two will ave more

Slap

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 30, 2012, 12:07:00 AM
Quote from: Slap on April 30, 2012, 12:04:28 AM
Beams over Robbo any day, ever sidey, nothing against Robbo, but these two will ave more

id rock all three this year

henry

The only problem with sidebum, robbo and beams is that they don't help my bye structure. Having already hsed 5 trades, I want ab even mix of bye round forwards in an effort to reduce the amount of trades needed to be used during rounds 11,12 and 13. After the bye rounds  are over, I will trade in the likes of beams and robbo.

glam77

don't expect danger to do that every week.... or even again this season.

henry

Quote from: glam77 on April 30, 2012, 10:10:53 AM
don't expect danger to do that every week.... or even again this season.
I know that that's a one off, and I won;t be expectin him to pump out those scores everybweek, although it would be nice. As long as keeps around a 90 average I will be happy with him. As you can probably tell, I will trade him in barring of course no shock selections on Thursday/Friday with the teams. Thanks to everyone for voting and posting.