Billie Smedts

Started by thollo, April 28, 2012, 11:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thollo

As some of you would've realised Billie now has a b/e of 28 thanks to his 4-point sub-affected game, all but rendering him next to useless as a cash cow. (He is now at $112,000)

The question is, what are we going to do with him now?

Nails

People keep talking about cows/others as if one bad score ruins them forever. That 4 will only hurt for this week and the next 2. If he keeps getting games he can still smash out some money and points, it'll just take a bit longer.

chrisuzz

Quote from: Nails on April 28, 2012, 11:35:54 PM
People keep talking about cows/others as if one bad score ruins them forever. That 4 will only hurt for this week and the next 2. If he keeps getting games he can still smash out some money and points, it'll just take a bit longer.
hit the Nail ;) on the head with that one!

Ill be keeping him till someone better comes along!

mpollock

Given most people have all GWS rookies (rd 11 bye) + maybe Dicksen (also rd 11 bye) and either or both of Smedts (rd 12) and Hall (rd 13) ... then it is kind of hard to trade out Smedt from that perspective.

If he scores another 4 then you may be just as good with a donut!!  :)

TheHanger

2 disposals in a quarter of footy, I don't get the feeling he will be in the side for long

jabroni

thollo

Could work out long-term I guess, just interested in what everyone will be doing short-term
Quote from: Nails on April 28, 2012, 11:35:54 PM
Excellent point

Zombie2.5

Yuck, disgusting for $$$ making let alone playing on field.....
Let's hope Geelong gets him outta the vest, and maybe he can pump out some 65+ scores and become a legend.
Otherwise he might as well be a relton.

elephants

Meh, going to keep him all year I guess ::)

Zombie2.5

Quote from: elephants on April 29, 2012, 01:07:19 AM
Meh, going to keep him all year I guess ::)

Great pickup, going to be a great keeper for the rest of the year F7  ;D
Don't even needa cash in and get a premo! :P

Holz

round 12 bye rookie, you can afford to keep him till after the byes if he is playing and by than he should be worth something, im keeping him as my last traded out rookie in SC, luckily dont have him in DT.

Windigo

Worth keeping around for his DPP.

owenbond007

Its round 5 now that 4 will be gone after round 7 if his getting game time. That leaves rounds 8 9 10 and 11. Still plenty of opportunity to increase in value before the bye. Also If he he gets a 60 in the next 2 weeks hell easily hold his value. No need to panic cause of one green vest.

afl_freak2

from day one i said smedts was a spud!! i can remember getting flamed for saying that..............?????????????

unceramonius

How is he a spud?

Ooooooooh he got 4 points as the sub?

Bartels avg was lower than previous years, last year.....is he done?  Um...no, the guy is unselfish, playing anywhere to help the team.

Smedts may not score so well.....but if he does his role proper, he isnt a spud.