j.selwood MRP ??

Started by Chopps, April 28, 2012, 11:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chopps

mate what video are you looking at. that looks to me like selwood punches first and hits him high sure raines gets him back harder but hey they'll both go if they went high

Brenny G

Selwood hit first but only an open handed slap really then Raines did a sidearm punch to the throat/chest

Chopps

Quote from: mpollock on April 28, 2012, 11:45:43 PM
Geelong seem to be developing a problem with brain fades ... is big barry coaching down there now???  ;D

I saw the replay but watched the wrong part of the screen so missed it (as it was behind play)!! Is it online somewhere already?

http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/contentid/444538/stevie+j+dishes+a+taunt/default.aspx#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo

wrong link but go to highlights and selwood flattened, this doesnt seem to show it well though

anyone got a better link?

JamSainter

OK
So it was...
* Intetional
* Off the ball
* Head High Contact
* Low-Medium Impact.
* Got 4 weeks last year so has some history
Should get 2-3 weeks right???

Brenny G

Quote from: JamSainter on April 28, 2012, 11:49:06 PM
OK
So it was...
* Intetional
* Off the ball
* Head High Contact
* Low-Medium Impact.
probably about that

Spuds11

Selwood did this last year he will get weeks look at Ballantine and scarlett

BGK

Quote from: JamSainter on April 28, 2012, 11:49:06 PM
OK
So it was...
* Intetional
* Off the ball
* Head High Contact
* Low-Medium Impact.

Thats what I wouldve thought.

Quote from: Chopps on April 28, 2012, 11:48:32 PM
Quote from: mpollock on April 28, 2012, 11:45:43 PM
Geelong seem to be developing a problem with brain fades ... is big barry coaching down there now???  ;D

I saw the replay but watched the wrong part of the screen so missed it (as it was behind play)!! Is it online somewhere already?

http://www.afl.com.au/video/tabid/76/contentid/444538/stevie+j+dishes+a+taunt/default.aspx#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo#playvideo

wrong link but go to highlights and selwood flattened, this doesnt seem to show it well though

anyone got a better link?

I'm on I phone so I can't watch it. Does it still look as bad as it did in tv?

mpollock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsgoCjzo2l8

The above is a better link to the incident.

Anyone who thinks Selwood will not get weeks is kidding themselves.  Assuming his history is similar to Scarletts he will get three weeks.
Raines will probably get the same unless they consider his impact to be greater ... then he may get an extra week ... not sure if the fact Selwood started it has any impact on the tribunals decision ... I assume not.

I traded in J.Selwood this week ... also traded in Dempsey the week he got injured ... this suxs!!  :)

henry

For as tough as Jelwood can be at the ball he can also be pathetic. Hit guerra off the ball last year and then hits raines who doesn't budge then drops to the ground when he gets it back? While he can be very courageous and arguably the bravest player in the comp, this combined with staging for free kicks all the time makes him pathetic. He has shown he can win contested ball, yet he chooses to duck into tackles every time to try and get a cheap free kick and hits people off the ball. Pathetic.

Artax

With GAJ on the bench if Selwood gets weeks then I may bring in Murph

Slashers

WOW, both angles look slightly different.
The first part of the replay looks a tad worse for Selwood. But I think its just the angle.
In the second part of the video though (about the 18 second mark) you see it from behind the players.
Selwoods action looks more like a swipping attempt at a pushoff as Raines was already fending him off the play with his left arm. I don't think what Selwood did was even a hit.
AND the whole time dirty Raines had ahold of Selwood jumper! You can see him pull Selwood in during his hit.
I hope Selwood has a good hard crack at arguing that!!
Raines totally in the wrong. Even before the main altercation (9 seconds) Raines shoves Selwood away from play.
AFL should make an example of tagging gone too far.

mpollock

@Henry - good call!!
@Slashers .. you are kidding aren't you ... Selwood swung at Raines head ... no excuse for that regardless of if it was a slap, punch or provoked ... no way he should get off.

As I got Selwood this week, for SC purposes (don't have him in DT) I don't mind him getting off .. but from a pure football perspective he had a brain fade and should go for a couple of weeks.  :)

-Hector-

Quote from: henry on April 29, 2012, 12:22:31 AM
For as tough as Jelwood can be at the ball he can also be pathetic. Hit guerra off the ball last year and then hits raines who doesn't budge then drops to the ground when he gets it back? While he can be very courageous and arguably the bravest player in the comp, this combined with staging for free kicks all the time makes him pathetic. He has shown he can win contested ball, yet he chooses to duck into tackles every time to try and get a cheap free kick and hits people off the ball. Pathetic.

Sir, I choose to argue. Mr Beau Waters has to be the bravest AND hardest player in the AFL. I must also disclose that I am a hard-out West COast supporter. He he

On the Selwood thing - saw the replay I would expect he will definitely be getting suspended. Good old left hook to Raines which I think he may not have full thought through.. Then Raine with the right straight which dropped Selwood (although I think perhaps he exaggerated a touch).

Ablett and Selwood on the bench next week (potentially subject to GAJ). Greene on field and Shiel on field.

Ziplock

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2012/04/28/322555_news.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsgoCjzo2l8

he'll be getting weeks and he deserves them. Raines dropped selwood, although imo, it was a bit of a dive... I don't think raines should get more than selwood, and will probably get less. Considering that they're both definitely gone, you're probably looking at 1-2 for raines and 2-4 for selwood.

Slashers

When was the last time anyone got out and watched an amature league game?... anyone?...
Selwoods wasn't a hit! It was just a 'hey, what do you think your doing?'.