Doubling Down

Started by Jormas, April 28, 2012, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jormas

How about this option: a bit risky but will give me alot of cash  8)

Round 5-6 Trade (this week): James Magner -> Darren Pfeiffer (Opens up a DPP and gives me 140K in the bank

Round 6-7 trades (after next week): Stephen Coniglio -> Kyal Horsley (looks great, looks a cash cow, perfect time to downgrade
                                           also: Might do an upgrade: Devon Smith -> Marc Murphy/Sam Mitchell/Paul Chapman

Can you please comment on the relevance of these trades, and who you should think would be good out of Marc Murphy, Sammy Mitchell, Paul Chapman or another individual?

Thanks, Jormas

JamSainter

I wouldn't get Pfieffer.
I really wouldn't care if I missed the boat on him.

mpollock

Treloar was the bloke to get instead of Pfeiffer as DPP link.
So to get a premium you are making three trades .... if you are to use three then ensure they are around the bye structures.

Also, check Magner's B/E ... should still go up this week ... and possibly next week so maybe hold this trade until Horsley is on the bubble.  Further reason for this is the questionable JS of Horsley when Ablett/Risk a tv (can't spell his name)  return  ;D

Jormas

Got treloar for smedts this week. in the fwd line

Currently have no DPP in my mids though

Is pfeiffer the best option, or wait for chappy or fyfe to put them as a premium as i downgrade/upgrade??

Holz

a triple trade for a super premium i think is accpetable if its a guy like murphy, swan, ablett etc... Even if you have 2 300k rookies you cant double trade so i dont see any harm in this.

The way Boyd is going i might do something similar to bring him in.

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: JamSainter on April 28, 2012, 08:02:41 PM
I wouldn't get Pfieffer.

+1

tbagrocks

I wouldn't get Pfieffer.
was a star for Norwood last year, can seriously play. WTF!!!!
where do you get your info, he was a first round draft pick a few years ago!!!
now he's matured, he's better than: P.Puopolo, Duigen, Curnow, Lower... better hands down!!!

BlackMamba

Still wanna trade the Magnet down?

Zombie2.5

Culling your cows too early mate.
Magner actually has a negative B/E and he scored 86 in his tagging role.
Also Pfeiffer is a spud.

Coniglio got subbed out and if he's out, you might want to trade but Horsley still has his second game to come, who knows he could get injured/bad score and it also gives Coniglio an extra week for cash(even if its only $10k)
D.Smith has a high B/E as he was sub but if he avoids it, he'll gain some money if he scores good or gets the 39 out of his 3 round average.

Anyways you wouldn't be able to upgrade Smith if you followed my advice and don't cull Magner/Conglio yet.

Nails

^ Isn't the most valuable team that wins DT.

TMurphBROWNLOW

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 28, 2012, 08:28:36 PM
I wouldn't get Pfieffer.
was a star for Norwood last year, can seriously play. WTF!!!!
where do you get your info, he was a first round draft pick a few years ago!!!
now he's matured, he's better than: P.Puopolo, Duigen, Curnow, Lower... better hands down!!!

very very debatable against those four names. puopolo is so important to the hawks structure, duigan and curnow have both proven themselves at an AFL level, and lower will be a star of the future. pfieffer hasn't shown yet he can come at the AFL level ON A REGULAR BASIS :) he's had one game and to say he's better than all 4 who have played nearly a whole season isn't reasonable :P

BarnDogg

Magner's BE is -12! Way too early to trade him out!

Still got another 100k in him EASY! I like Pfeiffer but trade him in for someone else. Smith or Dickson if you have them......