1st draft.

Started by AndyJ, January 14, 2010, 10:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyJ

Backline
Luke Hodge
Adam McPhee  <----- change of club and new midfield role, may be a winner.
Ashley McGrath
Andrejs Everitt
Rick Ladson
Josh Hunt
Tadhg Kennelly
Reserves
Phil Davis
Dylan Grimes

Midfield
Joel Selwood
Adam Cooney
Colin Sylvia
Justin Sherman
Luke Ball
Hamish Hartlett  <----- really good feeling about this kid, class act.
Reserves
Tom Scully
Dustin Martin

Rucks
Matthew Kreuzer
Kurt Tippett
Reserves
Wayde Skipper
Matthew Lobbe

Forwards
Lance Franklin
Mark LeCras  <-----    May drop him as hes reported to be not moving to the midfield.
Steele Sidebottom
Patrick Dangerfield
Jack Ziebell
Tom Hawkins  <-----  Possible breakout year, geelong are priming him for a ruck role.
Jack Trengove
Reserves
Luke Tapscott
John Butcher

Reserves are all depending on NAB cup form, so subject to change.

DWEBBY5

maybe get rid or matin for bastinac so you can save 100k and upgrade ashley mcgrath

Justin Bieber

Ok start up team. I reckon the backs and forward lines need more fire power. i counted 3 premiums between both lines.

Defence could use some work. Mcgrath and everitt won't score high and i think you should trade 1 or both out. Mcphee could be a smokie if he fits into freo.
Midfield - i think too much money has been spent here. i reckon sylvia could be moved into the forward line and replaced by a cheapie (palmer, mcveigh or rookie perhaps). this could open up more money.
Rucks are set and pretty good.
Forwards are really dependant on all those guys steeping up to the next level this year. Lecras is said to be playing up forward this year. Side bottom ain't garanteed a spot in the collingwood 22 as a midfielder. Ziebell is a decent pick if he stays fit.

AndyJ

Ash mcgrath was thrown in last on available money.. He improved ~25dt points last year but may have max'd out. Joel mcdonald was a possibility here and he may get a new lease on life at melbourne.

Andrejs Everitt will be interesting.. alot will depend on the NAB cup. The bulldogs fought to keep him on their list when many clubs showed interest in him during the offseason. There has to be a reason why he stayed. I'm game to keep him on the radar.. for now.

The tactic i was going with was to start with a solid midfield/ruck & weaker backs/forwards .. then slowing upgrading the backs/forwards as the season progresses, which is why the majority of the players in those positions i see as people who will improve in value.

Cheers for the feedback guys :)