Main Menu

Hardest footballer of all time?

Started by RobHarves, April 27, 2012, 09:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spinking

Quote from: McRooster on May 09, 2012, 10:32:28 PM
Dermott Brereton (after the hit by Mark Yates in the 89 GF), Luke Hodge in the 2008 GF, Mark Riccuito and Patrick Dangerfield in most games they play + Rory Sloane, and for the those who saw SanfL in the 80's - Kim Klomp.

Was this when Dermie played through a half with a punctured lung or something?

T Dog

Any volunteers to stand Tony Lockett, or just drop in his space when he leads for a mark?... ::)

bunyip

I tip my hat to ALL players who run onto the ground these days. There's that much scrutiny on you now, if you wimp out at a contest the whole world hears about it. Just ask Josh Hunt.
Being a Geelong supporter I remember mostly acts by Geelong players. Just about the most courageous player I have seen is Jimmy Bartell. We were playing Footscray one day and he ran in the same direction as the ball into a pack and took the mark. I reckon he ran about 30 meters to take the mark and could have been seriuosly hurt.
I also think the mark he took in the Gf was a beauty. He had to wait under the ball for ever.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Samm79 on April 28, 2012, 10:55:12 AM
Quote from: crabapples on April 27, 2012, 09:28:05 PM
that guy who dislocated his knee hit it back in then kept on playing, i think he played for sydney?

I remember Tadhg Kennelly doing this, not sure if he is the only one. He just punched it from the side of his leg, got up and carried on like nothing had happened!

The famous one is Cresswell... was ugly... much worse than Tadgh