Got in Murphy

Started by underdog11, April 27, 2012, 08:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mish

Quote from: whatlez on April 27, 2012, 08:58:22 PM
Well you must be talking out of your arse and living under a rock.

+1

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Mish on May 01, 2012, 07:59:55 PM
Quote from: whatlez on April 27, 2012, 08:58:22 PM
Well you must be talking out of your arse and living under a rock.

+1

Lol I forgot I got the first comment in, for this stupid argument.

Kuruki

Quote from: fidou on May 01, 2012, 07:50:00 PM
Quote from: Kuruki on May 01, 2012, 07:40:19 PM
Do you guys watch footy or do you just look at your DT stats ticking over?? GC played better as a team without Ablett. yes Ablett is the best player in the team by miles but when he plays they rely on him to do almost everything. Without Ablett they have to be more accountable and as a whole it makes the entire TEAM stronger. So yes GC can play better as a TEAM without Ablett, untill they can do it while he is there which so far this season they have not. i'm not the only one who see's it like this. McKenna does also.
Well I don't think I have ever come across that thought process - don't play your best player so the team can play better. I think McKenna would last 5 mins in the job if he did do that. The powers that be at GC would see the turnstiles not ticking over and the $$$$$ not coming in. The outcome would be Guy sorry but there is an assistant job going at WCE so go for it.

Back in NZ i used to hunt pigs with dogs. I had 4. One was clearly my best finder it probably found 90% of the pigs i caught (can tell from the bark) That dog got destroyed by a pig on a hunt and i kept it out of action for about 4 months. In that time i thought it would be a waste of time hunting as the others probably would not find bugger all. Few weeks later i got the itch so i took my other 3 dogs, instantly just like that the next one stepped up and took the lead, the hunting did not skip a beat. When i brought the big chief back i now had two top finders and they both shared the load and i caught more pigs.
Moral of the story it's easy to sit back and cruise along when someone else is taking the lead, when you are forced to step up and you actually take that step it is not likely you will step back down again, so when the big gun comes back instead of handing him his role back you share it. it is not a crazy thought process it actually works.

FlipFlops

Quote from: Kuruki on May 01, 2012, 08:08:57 PM
Do you guys watch footy or do you just look at your DT stats ticking over?? GC played better as a team without Ablett. yes Ablett is the best player in the team by miles but when he plays they rely on him to do almost everything. Without Ablett they have to be more accountable and as a whole it makes the entire TEAM stronger. So yes GC can play better as a TEAM without Ablett, untill they can do it while he is there which so far this season they have not. i'm not the only one who see's it like this. McKenna does also.
Well I don't think I have ever come across that thought process - don't play your best player so the team can play better. I think McKenna would last 5 mins in the job if he did do that. The powers that be at GC would see the turnstiles not ticking over and the $$$$$ not coming in. The outcome would be Guy sorry but there is an assistant job going at WCE so go for it.

Back in NZ i used to hunt pigs with dogs. I had 4. One was clearly my best finder it probably found 90% of the pigs i caught (can tell from the bark) That dog got destroyed by a pig on a hunt and i kept it out of action for about 4 months. In that time i thought it would be a waste of time hunting as the others probably would not find bugger all. Few weeks later i got the itch so i took my other 3 dogs, instantly just like that the next one stepped up and took the lead, the hunting did not skip a beat. When i brought the big chief back i now had two top finders and they both shared the load and i caught more pigs.
Moral of the story it's easy to sit back and cruise along when someone else is taking the lead, when you are forced to step up and you actually take that step it is not likely you will step back down again, so when the big gun comes back instead of handing him his role back you share it. it is not a crazy thought process it actually works.

Hahaha cool story bro!

TheBeatles

thought this was about murphy?? - who said he was goiong to be rested he is not even 25 yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheMailman

Quote from: Kuruki on May 01, 2012, 08:08:57 PM

We'll leave the pigs to you...

Johnnysd

Quote from: DT Gun on May 01, 2012, 07:13:00 PM
Thats like buying a 6 million dollar ferrari and never driving it, pointless and a waste

at least they didn't spend 6 million on a Hyundai Excel like GWS did with Scully OVERRATED!!!

danger

Why did GC and GWS spend so much cash on mature bodies and minds, when they should have brought in teams of 17 yr olds only, because they would be much more accountable and perform better without that experience around them.

What a ridiculous argument this is..

also, pigs.. sweet as bro!

Praetorian

Back in the middle ages I used to go out dog-hunting with a bunch of pigs. One day, my chief pig got mauled by a dog and was out of action for a few months. I figured without him I wasn't going to catch much so I held off going dog-hunting for a while. But soon I got the itch and took out the remaining three for another hunt. I hoped that one of the others might take up the slack for the missing chief, but no: we went out a few times, and I didn't catch a goddamn thing.

Moral of the story? I can make up a story that has nothing to do with footy to 'prove' my point, too.

salver11

So many dumb arguments here so shouldn't buy in but it's like a car crash on the side of the road when your driving, you know you don't need to look but you still do!

No1. The rest of the suns players DID play better on the weekend, they stepped up without Gazz there. That doesn't mean they're a better side without him! It just means the coaches need to learn how to get the other players to play at that level with Gazz there and then they'll be a better team.

No2. It doesn't matter who they're playing, when Gazz is capable of contributing with no risk of damage, that's when he'll play.

No3. To say he was walking nearly fine as some sort of justification that he is going to play is very close to the stupidest thing I have ever heard! I tore my ACL, Lateral and did cartlidge damage and could run at pretty much 70% fine. Ask me to try and stop, change direction, take a longer stride, twist, turn, jump or get tackled and i'd go down like a sack of pigs heads!

We aren't really getting any real indications of when he'll be back from GC because i'm guessing they don't really know themselves.
It's unpredictable, it might feel fine and then he'll just do something that will give it an ache or a twinge and he wont know why so they wont push him. So my guess is he'll be back when he's back!

fidou

I'm confused is Ablett a pig or a dog?

matt1985

Quote from: fidou on May 02, 2012, 04:53:22 PM
I'm confused is Ablett a pig or a dog?

Hahaha thanks for the laugh mate.

tigers123

you guys think these are alright?

ablett -> murphy

coniglio -> rockliff

130K in the bank so will be able to afford ablett back in probably just after his byes...

matt1985

Quote from: tigers123 on May 02, 2012, 05:48:25 PM

ablett -> murphy

coniglio -> rockliff

130K in the bank so will be able to afford ablett back in probably just after his byes...

I like the trade, even if Murphy is rested get him in. He is smashing it this year.

danger

Quote from: matt1985 on May 02, 2012, 05:55:27 PM
Quote from: tigers123 on May 02, 2012, 05:48:25 PM

ablett -> murphy

coniglio -> rockliff

I like the trade, even if Murphy is rested get him in. He is smashing it this year.

Don't agree with GAJ out.. but definitely find a way to get murph on your team. He is a superstar