Got in Murphy

Started by underdog11, April 27, 2012, 08:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuruki

Well i just watched a video with McKenna saying Ablett was going to miss allot of footy this season... And he thinks it will be a massive positive for the younger players in his team to take charge and step up. So will he be rushed back for GWS? Doesn't sound like it. The coach almost seems happy it has happened to make others accountable.

underdog11

Quote from: Kuruki on April 27, 2012, 09:35:39 PM
Well i just watched a video with McKenna saying Ablett was going to miss allot of footy this season... And he thinks it will be a massive positive for the younger players in his team to take charge and step up. So will he be rushed back for GWS? Doesn't sound like it. The coach almost seems happy it has happened to make others accountable.

Thank you kuruki

TheMailman

I watched plenty of videos saying that Scully wasn't going to GWS, or Ablett wasn't going to GC, or Fyfe was going to be out for at least 7-8 weeks.

Ablett's a champ, GC need him badly to help their young people. Not having him there doesn't help them develop at all if they don't have a leader among men. They also need Gary so they can show everyone how much they've progressed in a year. A loss to GWS would certainly create plenty of doubt about the GC gameplan.

DT Gun

He will play against GWS even is he is only 60% because GC is a must win game for the success of the club in the short and long term!

chelo77

Joke may be on you underdog coz murphy looks like he may get rested this week and ablett is at least 50:50

Kuruki

Quote from: TheMailman on April 28, 2012, 01:32:18 PM
I watched plenty of videos saying that Scully wasn't going to GWS, or Ablett wasn't going to GC, or Fyfe was going to be out for at least 7-8 weeks.

Ablett's a champ, GC need him badly to help their young people. Not having him there doesn't help them develop at all if they don't have a leader among men. They also need Gary so they can show everyone how much they've progressed in a year. A loss to GWS would certainly create plenty of doubt about the GC gameplan.

Obviously you did not watch them play on the weekend. It was the best performance of the season, without Ablett. So basically you are wrong. The Coach said himself it will do his team good to play without him.

TheMailman

Quote from: Kuruki on May 01, 2012, 03:02:58 PM

Obviously you did not watch them play on the weekend. It was the best performance of the season, without Ablett. So basically you are wrong. The Coach said himself it will do his team good to play without him.

Your argument makes no sense.

So even though Gary Ablett is their best player GC is better without him?

No, just no.

truBLUE

Quote from: TheMailman on May 01, 2012, 03:18:31 PM

No, just no.
+1 your team can 't be better without your best player   ::)

DT Gun

Thats like buying a 6 million dollar ferrari and never driving it, pointless and a waste

Kuruki

Do you guys watch footy or do you just look at your DT stats ticking over?? GC played better as a team without Ablett. yes Ablett is the best player in the team by miles but when he plays they rely on him to do almost everything. Without Ablett they have to be more accountable and as a whole it makes the entire TEAM stronger. So yes GC can play better as a TEAM without Ablett, untill they can do it while he is there which so far this season they have not. i'm not the only one who see's it like this. McKenna does also.

tigers123

Quote from: Kuruki on May 01, 2012, 07:40:19 PM
Do you guys watch footy or do you just look at your DT stats ticking over?? GC played better as a team without Ablett. yes Ablett is the best player in the team by miles but when he plays they rely on him to do almost everything. Without Ablett they have to be more accountable and as a whole it makes the entire TEAM stronger. So yes GC can play better as a TEAM without Ablett, untill they can do it while he is there which so far this season they have not. i'm not the only one who see's it like this. McKenna does also.

i kind of agree with you on the players having to be a bit more accountable, and certainly players have to step up... david swallow only in his second year did just that on the weekend and played a ripper of a game...

but on the same level i kind of disagree with you... they need to find some sort of balance... gablett provides his team with much needed leadership and provides a kind of role model...

fidou

Well I don't think I have ever come across that thought process - don't play your best player so the team can play better. I think McKenna would last 5 mins in the job if he did do that. The powers that be at GC would see the turnstiles not ticking over and the $$$$$ not coming in. The outcome would be Guy sorry but there is an assistant job going at WCE so go for it.

TheMailman

Because you obviously don't understand I'll make it mathematical

Gary Ablett = Gold Coast

Therefore

Gold Coast - Gary Ablett = 0 (+ David Swallow)

Plus thats not a smart theory either. Will Sydney play better without Goodes? Will Collingwood play better without Jolly? Will WB play better without Boyd?

Of course they won't. Sure, they'll be forced to use other options but obviously they're going to be much worse.

You use the word rely. Do you know what the word actually means?

pyronerd

Quote from: truBLUE on May 01, 2012, 03:21:01 PM
Quote from: TheMailman on May 01, 2012, 03:18:31 PM

No, just no.
+1 your team can 't be better without your best player   ::)
I think though when Ablett is playing, they look for him ALL the time, even when he may be surrounded by 4 or 5 opposition players. Having him not there means the young players will look more to the player in the best position, rather than just the best player.

Kuruki

Quote from: tigers123 on May 01, 2012, 07:47:14 PM

i kind of agree with you on the players having to be a bit more accountable, and certainly players have to step up... david swallow only in his second year did just that on the weekend and played a ripper of a game...

but on the same level i kind of disagree with you... they need to find some sort of balance... gablett provides his team with much needed leadership and provides a kind of role model...

Yeah i understand that but i also think they spend more time drooling over what he is doing then getting in and doing what they are supposed to be doing. no doubt they will be a better team when with Gaz but only when they can play at that level while he is there, So far they have not done it. it is all mental. K Hunt was also another who really stepped up big time. Your right it is about finding the balance, and that is exactly what they are hoping to achieve in this period without GAJ, so when he comes back he can add to the team rather then dominate it.