Previous topic - Next topic

Is Josh Drummond viable for DT?

Yes - he might have turned a corner with injuries
3 (42.9%)
No - save your trades
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 1

oldshepp

Is Josh Drummond a viable D5 or D6 for DT.

Very impressive start to his season

Could trade Kennedy to Treloar to avoid a fwd donut which gives me cash to do Ellis to Drummond

Thoughts?

nickstiges

He's alright but there's always that injury cloud over him, but capable of smashing out consistent tons.

henry

Similar scorer to adcock, and if you already have him wouldn't want to have both in the 1 side. He's worth a trade if he stays on the park as he will average over 80, but that is a significant risk given his injury history. I very nearly traded him in last week with onky 1 game under his belt but decided against it and went with conca instead. If you have not used to many trades, I'd say he was worth the risk

oldshepp

1 trade only - currently ranked 482 and I don't want to fall off the pace if possible

Ricochet

Stay away!
2005 (14 games) 2006 (7 games) 2007 (11 games) 2008 (13 games) 2009 (19 games) 2010 (7 games) 2011 (7 games)

henry

Quote from: oldshepp on April 27, 2012, 07:47:25 PM
1 trade only - currently ranked 482 and I don't want to fall off the pace if possible
If I was you I'd do it, as long as you are prepared if he gets injured, and face the reality that wiyh his history it is not unlikely.

TheMailman

Why would you do it?

He's barely got close to a full season in his career and really nothing has changed.

Holz

his injuries are one thing but his best Dt average in the last 4 years was 73 even at 280k i wouldnt.

henry

Quote from: TheMailman on April 27, 2012, 07:59:35 PM
Why would you do it?

He's barely got close to a full season in his career and really nothing has changed.

The thing that is different as holzman alluded to this year from previous years is his scores. In the last few years his scores haven;t been great, but this year he's averaging over 90 so far, suggesting to me that he is fitter and therefore less likely to get injured (although it atill is a serious risk) than in previous years when maybe he was brought back when he wasn't 100%. These scores and potential for me, for someone with 23 trades left worth the risk.

oldshepp

Cheers guys. Its actually my young blokes side and he's decided to pull the trigger.

Personally I would have offloaded Dickson to avoid the donut but kids - can't be told!  :D

henry

Quote from: oldshepp on April 27, 2012, 08:09:56 PM
Cheers guys. Its actually my young blokes side and he's decided to pull the trigger.

Personally I would have offloaded Dickson to avoid the donut but kids - can't be told!  :D
Glad he took the plunge, you have to risk it for the biscuit after all. I hope it pays off for him.

Holz

Quote from: henry on April 27, 2012, 08:08:53 PM
Why would you do it?

The thing that is different as holzman alluded to this year from previous years is his scores. In the last few years his scores haven;t been great, but this year he's averaging over 90 so far, suggesting to me that he is fitter and therefore less likely to get injured (although it atill is a serious risk) than in previous years when maybe he was brought back when he wasn't 100%. These scores and potential for me, for someone with 23 trades left worth the risk.

started 2010 with 2 90s than averaged 70 for the season, knocked up a ton last year and averaged 65. He does have big games but than he has alot of 40-60 games will go up in value but not worth a trade.

you never know though could be a genius trade and could average 90+ for the season.

oldshepp

I agree Holzman. He's usually a better SC player than DT but this year seems to be having higher possession games than usual.

Lions have named him on a wing this week which may mean he's the go to man from defence.

nathan11

Quote from: Holzman on April 27, 2012, 08:13:21 PM
Why would you do it?

started 2010 with 2 90s than averaged 70 for the season, knocked up a ton last year and averaged 65. He does have big games but than he has alot of 40-60 games will go up in value but not worth a trade.

you never know though could be a genius trade and could average 90+ for the season.

i boought him in last week and he got 105 happy with that, brought hunt in this week hope he can do the same now gazza not hogging the ball  ;D

Holz

Quote from: nathan11 on April 27, 2012, 08:18:51 PM
Quote from: Holzman on April 27, 2012, 08:13:21 PM
Why would you do it?

i boought him in last week and he got 105 happy with that, brought hunt in this week hope he can do the same now gazza not hogging the ball  ;D

i cant tell if your joking or not, do you seriously have K.Hunt from GC?