Ask the Coaches Round 5

Started by Holz, April 27, 2012, 05:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Quote from: TheHanger on April 27, 2012, 06:17:12 PM
My current situation is that I have just burned my DPP link to get in Greene (after round 2)
Now I don't have any DPPs in my mids
Treloar provides that link but I don't have any ripe rookies in my mids
I can get Treloar in for Kennedy (who is the rookie who is set to earn the least amount of money after this round, in my team)
And wait for Magner/Shiel/Greene to ripen before trading them out for the likes of Zorko/Couch/Docherty
Will Magner/Shiel/Greene start to lose value before Zorko n Co. play, will this happen before the byes when the DPP links are crucial?

What should I do???

DPP links aren't as important as last year. But damn handy to have.

Kennedy>Treloar and looks good.  ;)

Plenty of rookies waiting in the wings as you said. Patience.  8)

Justin Bieber

Master Q

Quote from: whatlez on April 27, 2012, 06:27:53 PM
Is Sandi a spud?
Assuming you are serious (  :P    ::)  ), No, not at all  :P

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on April 27, 2012, 06:27:53 PM
Is Sandi a spud?

110 average is alirght for a ruck :) , IDdnt expect him tio play 22 but i did expect my bench to be playing.

Justin Bieber

Stocutz

Thoughts on this please, is it crazy. Coming 1228 overall. Going for cash league (half money for overall pts half for premier)
$97,300 20 trades

Backs:
Lids God Waters Hargraves Broughton Duffield Bugg        Clarke Ellis

Mids:
Gaz Boyd Watson Pendles Magner McDonald       Shiel Greene

Rucks:
Giles Kruezer     Stephenson Redden

Fwds:
Robinson Sidebottom Franklin Dangerfield Martin Smith Porps      Kennedy Hall

Kennedy to Trelor (will do anyway was going to be porps but as kennedy is out he goes)
Ablett to Barlow
When Ablett is back get him in for either magner shiel greene
Cash out porps if I need the cash. thoughts

Windigo

Well done with your ranking mate.  ;)

I wouldn't oust GAJ, surely there are more sane trades to be making?  :P

Adam>Adam is good and is widely accepted. Can you upgrade anywhere with the cash?

Holz

Quote from: Stocutz on April 27, 2012, 06:34:33 PM
Thoughts on this please, is it crazy. Coming 1228 overall. Going for cash league (half money for overall pts half for premier)
$97,300 20 trades

Backs:

Mids:

Rucks:

Fwds:

Kennedy to Trelor (will do anyway was going to be porps but as kennedy is out he goes)
Ablett to Barlow

The problem with Ablett is we have no clue how long he is injured for, if its 1 its a bad trade i think it will be 2 and he will come back for GWS. If you had more trades i would have said do it because barlow is a gun but i dont think you can afford to go down to 18 trades. With the byes you will need all the trades you can to upgrade, you have at minumum 5 players you would want to upgrade so thats 10 trades min. you would want about 6 trades for injures and that leaves you with 2 min for the byes so you will cop donuts everywhere.

Your not getting a donut this week so your lucky lots have a ruck donut hold the trade, do the kennedy and make up ground in the byes.

Stocutz

Quote from: Holzman on April 27, 2012, 06:39:21 PM
$97,300 20 trades

Backs:

Mids:

Rucks:

Fwds:

Ablett to Barlow

The problem with Ablett is we have no clue how long he is injured for, if its 1 its a bad trade i think it will be 2 and he will come back for GWS. If you had more trades i would have said do it because barlow is a gun but i dont think you can afford to go down to 18 trades. With the byes you will need all the trades you can to upgrade, you have at minumum 5 players you would want to upgrade so thats 10 trades min. you would want about 6 trades for injures and that leaves you with 2 min for the byes so you will cop donuts everywhere.

Your not getting a donut this week so your lucky lots have a ruck donut hold the trade, do the kennedy and make up ground in the byes.

yeah i was leaning towards that. has to rookie trade early on which cost me 2 trades and then fyfe and shaw (prob could have held on both looking back as fyfe named and well shaw i would have got marty clarkes 95 from last week.

my qn however, is Barlow going to be the jet everyone thinks he will be this year?

Windigo

Going by previous form you'd say yes.  ;)

But is he a top 6 mid by then end? I'd say not likely.  ;)

essendon2

Quote from: Holzman on April 27, 2012, 06:18:04 PM
Quote from: essendon2 on April 27, 2012, 06:08:13 PM
I have Sandi, and no bench cover
Also still have Carrots..

should i
go Carrazzo > Treloar
Redden > HMac (play with 22) (field McDonald as M5 and Magner as M6)

Option 2:
Carrazzo > Treloar
Magner > Rockliff/Ward/Ziebell (which one?) + (McDonald as M6)
(Play with 21)

Option 3:
Carrazzo > Waters
Kennedy > Treloar
(Play with 21 & field McDonald as M5 and Magner as M6)

Option 1 would depend on how high you are ranked and whether you go for overall, I know your up the top so the move should keep you up the top.  However if you do that trade you would probably have to keep your ruck divison Sandi, Hmac, Giles all year. So in round 11 assuming big O isnt playing you will be copping a donut. The risk your taking is Redden may be back next week and for the season and if you have Sandi, Giles, Redden you avoid a donut than.

So 1 trade to avoid a certain donut but create a possible donut in the future. The seoncd question is can Hmac keep up his scoring, i tihnk he will average about 80-85 onwards from here on, if you happy with that than pull the trade but Im in the same situation and i would rather bring in a fit Mummy or Cox who will average 95+. Im in the same sitatuion similar rank and im holding keeping the trade, would rather use it to avoid a donut in the bye and im thinking redden will be back so, my advice is hold redden.

Option 2: I love rocky is the cheapest he will be all season in my opinion and looks like averaging 115+ from here on, makes up for the loss of ablett I would do that trade in a heartbeat.

Option 3: but late on waters doesnt represent that good value and rocky will smash his scoring output. Rocky Massively underpriced waters slightly underpiced.
what if I got rid of Orren Stephenson > HMac????

Holz

Quote from: Stocutz on April 27, 2012, 06:47:48 PM
Quote from: Holzman on April 27, 2012, 06:39:21 PM
$97,300 20 trades

Backs:

Mids:

Rucks:

Fwds:

Ablett to Barlow

yeah i was leaning towards that. has to rookie trade early on which cost me 2 trades and then fyfe and shaw (prob could have held on both looking back as fyfe named and well shaw i would have got marty clarkes 95 from last week.

my qn however, is Barlow going to be the jet everyone thinks he will be this year?

not a jet but looks like a 105-110 average from here on.

Justin Bieber

Should I trade out Redden to avoid a doughie?

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on April 27, 2012, 06:52:57 PM
Should I trade out Redden to avoid a doughie?

depedns who you have and who you are trading in, i think redden could be vital to avoid a donut in the bye rounds allowing you to have a round 11, round 12 and round 13 ruck.

picker_man

Quote from: Holzman on April 27, 2012, 06:22:42 PM
Quote from: Windigo on April 27, 2012, 06:15:31 PM
Quote from: picker_man on April 27, 2012, 06:12:06 PM
found it haha
ok i was looking at trading magner to treloar this week as i need a mpp in my mids for bye time to save me from another donut. I thought this would also save me a donut this week as i could move him into the fwds for kennedy as i didnt think my two bench guys were playing (hall&couch) now hall might be playing is it still worth it??
2 things to note
this will not cost me  trade in the long run as without the mpp in the mids i will have to trade during rd 12 to avoid a donut
plus without the cash extra cash i cant get scotland next week and would have to look at birchall/sucking etc

Getting Treloar looks like a good thing to do IMO. If you get a sneaky premium upgrade then why not.  8)

Magner still has money to make and i would hold him for another week to see how he goes this week, certainlty not a bad trade as getting in trealor is a greta move he is a gun and should average well for a rookie. I have gone kennedy to trealor however as i feel kennedy has less money to make this week and isnt playing so will go up less in value, that also sovles your forward issue for the week.

I to want a DPP mid by bye time but pfiefer looks the goods and i plan on getting him next week, zorko is another possibility, its a little risky relying on one of these 2 but pfiefer should play for a while and playing his second game next week should be on the bubble and play next week.

Magner to trealor not a bad move but I would go Kennedy to trealor than Magner to Pfiefer next week.
given me more to think about there holzman  and that actually seems like a good idea also ;D totally forgot about zorko (as needs to rd11 bye player). Can do the magner to zorko in 3 weeks pocket an extra 60k from mags, save a trade this week and will still have mcdonald for cover if zorko doesnt play hmmm.... means i miss out on the treloar train (possibly the only person) and might get a donut this week if hall doesnt play :-\