Ask Q: Ruined Round 5 (27/4/12)

Started by Master Q, April 27, 2012, 05:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

Trade plans have been ruined this round with unfortunately many outs this round...

Like always, ask me a question, and I'll give you my honest opinion. Please do not answer any questions for me, if you want to start a discussion, start a thread!  :)

If you'd like to thank me, don't be afraid to give me a cheer   ;)

Thread closes at 5:40 PM EST, I also have a team   ;)

Thanks
-Q!  :D

---

And a bit of advertising  :-X

If you haven't voted yet, please vote for me in Personality of the Year Competition  :)

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45929.0.html

dillez

should I trade out kennedy to oldmac or trelor? or not at all? have 23 trades :)

Lucastorm

Okay so...

WhiteX --> Treloar,

allows:

D.Smith/Kennedy/other fwd rookie --> Zaha

AND

ShielD/Magnet --> Murph, Rocky, etc etc

OR should I hang on to WhiteX and trade Kennedy --> Treloar ??

Master Q

Quote from: dillez on April 27, 2012, 05:35:19 PM
should I trade out kennedy to oldmac or trelor? or not at all? have 23 trades :)
Yeah, do it.

Quote from: Lucastorm on April 27, 2012, 05:36:11 PM
Okay so...

WhiteX --> Treloar,

allows:

D.Smith/Kennedy/other fwd rookie --> Zaha

AND

ShielD/Magnet --> Murph, Rocky, etc etc

OR should I hang on to WhiteX and trade Kennedy --> Treloar ??

Whitcross = WhiteX?

If so, I'd do it and go with Shiel/Mag to Murphs...

chrisuzz

Q,
Do you value Mummy to HMac as a good trade?
Who would you start out of Ellis and Bugg?
Who would you start out of Shiel, Magner and Greene (two of)

Hope that gives you something ;D

matt1985

Heya Q! Thoughts on Sandi? I got him in for Mummy last week, which has now bitten me on the arse! I'm currently ranked 100th so don't want to drop in rankings as I got off to a poor start without having Swan!

Thinking of possibly moving out Sandi for say H-mac or Kruez. I will have about 230k left in the bank and will look at moving Giles out for say Sandi before round 11 bye. Who do you think I should pick out of H-mac or kruez?

Also who would you start out of Shiel, Greene, Magner?

Thanks mate, cheer for you :)

TheHanger

My current situation is that I have just burned my DPP link to get in Greene (after round 2)
Now I don't have any DPPs in my mids
Treloar provides that link but I don't have any ripe rookies in my mids
I can get Treloar in for Kennedy (who is the rookie who is set to earn the least amount of money after this round, in my team)
And wait for Magner/Shiel/Greene to ripen before trading them out for the likes of Zorko/Couch/Docherty
Will Magner/Shiel/Greene start to lose value before Zorko n Co. play, will this happen before the byes when the DPP links are crucial?

What should I do???

pinochio

hey Q,

Kennedy to Treloar and pocket the 100k to allow me to get pendles/murphy next week with pfiffer..
OR
Cull Dickson for Treloar who dosent seem to play lol

dicko out is kinda sideways but then again he is just sitting there....theyll be other like zorko/neale etc to cut dicko....

which one kennedy or dickson for treloar...its doing me head in!!!

thx

picker_man

Hey Q nothing to do with this round but interested on seeing how many trades you think i will need to have left from rd 13 onwards. If (all going to plan) my team will be  set with 22 premo's / 8 rookies and only need the trades for injuries/suspensions/players rested etc

kaye.

Quickie: who to start? Magner, Coniglio, JMac or Sheil. Need 3!

Master Q

Quote from: chrisuzz on April 27, 2012, 05:39:12 PM
Q,
Do you value Mummy to HMac as a good trade?
Who would you start out of Ellis and Bugg?
Who would you start out of Shiel, Magner and Greene (two of)

Hope that gives you something ;D
Not for me. I'm sure he'll kill it against GC this week though...
Bugg... His roof  :P
Magner has been doing that well lately but we know what he can do, and Greene for the same reason...

Quote from: matt1985 on April 27, 2012, 05:39:53 PM
Heya Q! Thoughts on Sandi? I got him in for Mummy last week, which has now bitten me on the arse! I'm currently ranked 100th so don't want to drop in rankings as I got off to a poor start without having Swan!

Thinking of possibly moving out Sandi for say H-mac or Kruez. I will have about 230k left in the bank and will look at moving Giles out for say Sandi before round 11 bye. Who do you think I should pick out of H-mac or kruez?

Also who would you start out of Shiel, Greene, Magner?

Thanks mate, cheer for you :)
Did the same trade for Mummy  :P Wouldn't trade Sandi, would just burn your trades. But out of those I'd go Kruez for his consistency IMO.

Magner  :-\ Hard to judge Rookies...

footyfan11

Coniglio > Murphy,

or

Porplyzia > Robinson (or any other premo mid)

or

hold trades, rookies still have cashola to make, however kind of need to trade to ensure league win

Master Q

Quote from: TheHanger on April 27, 2012, 05:40:17 PM
My current situation is that I have just burned my DPP link to get in Greene (after round 2)
Now I don't have any DPPs in my mids
Treloar provides that link but I don't have any ripe rookies in my mids
I can get Treloar in for Kennedy (who is the rookie who is set to earn the least amount of money after this round, in my team)
And wait for Magner/Shiel/Greene to ripen before trading them out for the likes of Zorko/Couch/Docherty
Will Magner/Shiel/Greene start to lose value before Zorko n Co. play, will this happen before the byes when the DPP links are crucial?

What should I do???
I see those 3 still going steadily. I think after this Round we'll be able to see who are the performers and who aren't. There are only two upsides going Tre to Kennedy, and that is Cash + Cover for this round... As he has no one to use his MPP with. So if those 2 reasons are good enough for you then go for it.

LaHug

Have to trade out Mummy and only have $4400 in cash. Any advice on who to get?

Master Q

Quote from: pinochio on April 27, 2012, 05:42:05 PM
hey Q,

Kennedy to Treloar and pocket the 100k to allow me to get pendles/murphy next week with pfiffer..
OR
Cull Dickson for Treloar who dosent seem to play lol

dicko out is kinda sideways but then again he is just sitting there....theyll be other like zorko/neale etc to cut dicko....

which one kennedy or dickson for treloar...its doing me head in!!!

thx
I think you might have to go for Dicko to Tre. Good long term plan... But if you don't think you'll need heavy cover each round then Kennedy to Tre (What I'm probably going to do as I need it) is the way to go.

This question always gets me to think IMO. If you can't decide I'd probably go Dicko to Tre  :-\

PS: Don't be afraid to Cheer  ;)

Quote from: picker_man on April 27, 2012, 05:43:12 PM
Hey Q nothing to do with this round but interested on seeing how many trades you think i will need to have left from rd 13 onwards. If (all going to plan) my team will be  set with 22 premo's / 8 rookies and only need the trades for injuries/suspensions/players rested etc
Not so sure... I'd say 10... Rough guess.