Help in Ruck division

Started by MacDaddy33, April 27, 2012, 11:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacDaddy33

With Sandi out and Redden & the Big O listed as emergencies I'm facing a donut, not ordinarily too much of an issue but in SC I'm ranked in the top 1000 and last week my score was in the top 400.
Just wanted some advice on which ruck to trade in with 2 trades available + 138k in the bank or if indeed I should just cop the donut. Thoughts?

Plastic Boy

If you cop a donut you'll slid down in ranking.... You need to trade to stay in the hunt for the car.

I'd be going HMac as Goldstein has been dropped and will likely play in VFL for a couple of weeks to regain form.

crabapples

isn't the sandi leg issue something thats been going on since last year? related to his turf toe or something?.. maybe it's worth looking to straight swap sandi for cox or ryder. i know it's a sideways trade but your other options (im guessing u have giles as well) if u do two trades to upgrade big o or redden then sandi comes back, u will be faced with the option of three rucks, and probly a big score sitting on the bench. not to mention u used 2 trades instead of one, personally i didn't start with sandi because of my own gut feeling he'd go down at some point in the season with injury..

or as u said u stick with him, is there any word of how serious his injury is?

crabapples

Quote from: MacDaddy33 on April 27, 2012, 11:12:39 AM
With Sandi out and Redden & the Big O listed as emergencies I'm facing a donut, not ordinarily too much of an issue but in SC I'm ranked in the top 1000 and last week my score was in the top 400.
Just wanted some advice on which ruck to trade in with 2 trades available + 138k in the bank or if indeed I should just cop the donut. Thoughts?

if this is a SC question u  should post on the Supercoach page  ;)

Lucastorm

Quote from: crabapples on April 27, 2012, 11:22:20 AM
Quote from: MacDaddy33 on April 27, 2012, 11:12:39 AM

if this is a SC question u  should post on the Supercoach page  ;)

Yes - but the concept also applies to people playing DT. I am in the same boat... and don't really know what to do, because every decision i'm making backfires - maybe i'll let you know who i choose, then you can steer clear of him!

Lucastorm

crabapples

Quote from: Lucastorm on April 27, 2012, 01:56:02 PM
HMac should be good!  :-\

Plz dnt break hmac. He's my second ruck lol.

MacDaddy33

Yeah I was thinking that too, HMAC would be ideal, but I've done the Math and keep coming up short, even if i do Kennedy > Treloar + 138k in my bank then upgrade Redden...
I'm attempting to get two Ruck premiums (including Sandi) in this mess, but I want to keep Giles in view of the byes....Gah decisions decisions
Getting a tad annoyed at the popular ruck options Redden and O warming the emergency bench each week though

crabapples

Big o played well last week in the magoo's i think, he's probly missing out because of the weather report this week. I think u should look at how many trades ur going to use if u try to upgrade ur rooks now ( they havnt price rised yet) even if u traded out sandi now to get him back in a couple of weeks ( providing he is back) it might cost u less trades in the end