I'm taking a massive risk, is it too risky?????

Started by Plastic Boy, April 27, 2012, 09:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plastic Boy

I have Carrazzo on the pine and was looking at an obvious replacement in Sucking/Birchall/Enright etc...

But I'm thinking about bringing in Drummond.....

I know he is one of the most injury prone guys out there but my reasoning is purely around getting cash from the trade to bring in another Premo into the midfield as I have $160k already, and this would see me raise another $120k.. = $280k in the bank.

Drummond is averaging 100 from 2 games against Freo (105) and GC (95).....

He is set to spike in price and he could be up at 400k in no time and ready to straight swap for an Enright or Birchall.

I know its risky but sometimes you just gotta take a punt. 

Plastic Boy

oh and 4 of the next 6 games are at the Gabba..... then the rd 11 Bye where I could cash him in if he has spiked in price

Ricochet

scoring has really never been an issue with him, its his bloody body that lets him down.
He has only ever played over 14 games in a season once
2005 (14 games)
2006 (7 games)
2007 (11 games)
2008 (13 games)
2009 (19 games)
2010 (7 games)
2011 (7 games)
has burnt me once, never again for me

Plastic Boy

Thanks for the stats Rico....Top work...

I know he's made of glass, but its not a permanent trade... I'm hoping he can skyrocket over 400K and be a straight swap for a Premo defender.

My Goal is really to get another Prem in the midfield as soon as possible, and with Ablett out it hurts to have 3 rooks starting in the mid.

Defenders are the weakest links this year imo and I'm trying to strengthen everywhere else first before focusing on defenders...

jumbo

plastic boy,

taking the same punt as you. locked and loaded drummond for carazzo and saving money to strengthen mids first then wait for the dust to settle on the fwds and def....

I love the punt and always looking for the big unique-ish moves that can put you in a winning position. if you are looking to trade him up near the byes then I reckon you can play it by ear then. he may be a keeper this year and then you are win-win...

Plastic Boy

Quote from: jumbo on April 27, 2012, 12:00:23 PM
plastic boy,

taking the same punt as you. locked and loaded drummond for carazzo and saving money to strengthen mids first then wait for the dust to settle on the fwds and def....

I love the punt and always looking for the big unique-ish moves that can put you in a winning position. if you are looking to trade him up near the byes then I reckon you can play it by ear then. he may be a keeper this year and then you are win-win...

@Jumbo...

I pulled the trigger and brought in Drummond... Good to see someone else is on board the idea... we'll hold our breathe and hope for the best