is there a preference on where to get premiums first?

Started by dicey7, April 26, 2012, 03:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dicey7

Just a thought do you guys plan out working your team by saying making trades so that you complete your middle by having a strong midfield with 6 premiums starting then you start to get premiums in other areas? like work on backs then eventually forwards?

Ricochet

I think the TRUE premiums are more obvious it the midfield atm.
The backs and fwds will take some time to show us who the true premiums are (apart from Franklin, Goddard Lids etc.)

Holz

my advice is always to go for the premium that you think is the most underpriced and if they can help with your byes thats a bonus. For me that guy is chappy so I will look at bringing him in first. If i had the cash I would jump on rocky or pendles as they arw underpriced but as the rookies havent gone up yet it will require a tripple trade of rookies to bring them in.

Cayenne

Quote from: Ricochet on April 26, 2012, 03:43:20 PM
I think the TRUE premiums are more obvious it the midfield atm.
The backs and fwds will take some time to show us who the true premiums are (apart from Franklin, Goddard Lids etc.)
+1 I'm loading up the mids first because while there are big names on the decline in other areas - maybe they wont get back up? I'd like to know for sure before I buy.

Windigo

Midifeld, then forwards and backmen.

Rucks should be either set at the start or last on your list if your combo is firing.

Backline isn't much a priority, as the points simply ain't there. Sometimes a good mid pricer can score just as well as premium defender. 

Holz

Quote from: Windigo on April 26, 2012, 05:03:01 PM

Rucks should be either set at the start or last on your list if your combo is firing.

Backline isn't much a priority, as the points simply ain't there. Sometimes a good mid pricer can score just as well as premium defender.

i agree windy maybee jump on a mackie or enright if really underpriced or wait for carrots. Guys like chappy, stevie j, fyfe i think are good options though. Struggling to get in the mids at the moment, you can no longer get them in with double trades.

BarnDogg

Good point Windigo!

I have Waters, Eski and Hargrave, they are scoring as good as any! If they stay fit I might not have to upgrade them at all!

Windigo

Quote from: BarnDogg on April 26, 2012, 05:08:14 PM

Good point Windigo!

I have Waters, Eski and Hargrave, they are scoring as good as any! If they stay fit I might not have to upgrade them at all!

You know what,  I think a mid priced back line this year would have worked.

LF

My mainly Mid priced backline is working great mine is
Scotland,Deledio,Broughton,Waters,Malceski,Hanely,Bugg
Morris,Ellis
The only ? I have is Broughton and Hanley both a bit up and down.The beauty of this is I'm only fielding one rookie so it will be the last place I upgrade.I also have a bit of a plan which hopefully doesn't backfire.