Any love for Stevie J?

Started by hardnut, April 26, 2012, 01:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hardnut

I'm committed to jumping aboard the Stevie J train at some point and there doesn't seem like a much better time than right now!

Priced at $456k with a BE of 138 the question is do I wait patiently for the projected $20k drop or pounce now?

Despite being a little out of form and Geelong still warming into the year (don't be fooled!) he's gone OK with an avg of 84 over last 3.

Geelong are about to embark on a run of 6 games which includes the might of Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Bullies and GWS with only the Pies likely to really push them.

I have Gray (don't ask) so he has to go this week and I'll grab Treloar. I'll then be in a position to go Kennedy>StevieJ either this week or next.

Hold or fire?

Obviously if Kennedy rested I'll be firing this week.

tbagrocks

wait!!!!!! he may explode soon but atm he's not getting a lot of the ball or kicking many goals. I'll be watching him!
for the same price have you got Beams?

Ricochet

Hold off for this week, his BE is still high
either he gets around 140 this week and his price stays the same... so you can get him next week or later.
or he gets nowhere near it and his price drops... so you can get him next week or later.

crabapples

Iv had him since rnd 1 so no love atm  :P

Grazz

Yeh do the Gray to Treloar one this week, leave StevieJ till next week if you can and dont have any major issues and save 20k. You'll get the extra week out of Kennedy cash wise if he plays. Sheeds has been resting atleast 3 per round and could be Kennedys
turn along with a couple of others im worried about which most coaches would have.

hardnut

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 26, 2012, 01:06:27 PM
wait!!!!!! he may explode soon but atm he's not getting a lot of the ball or kicking many goals. I'll be watching him!
for the same price have you got Beams?
no I don't have Beams and for some reason I still can't shake the feeling he's a little bit fringe even though it may not be warranted with the loss of Ball and Co.

Whenever I'm unsure on two players I always pick the player I feel is better in real footy. The "who would you pick in the school yard" approach. Beams is going to have to do a fair bit to knock off Stevie and Goodes who I have as targets at the mo' on that basis.

I think I'll hold off for one week and field D.Smith, Hall and Treloar in the forwards assuming Kennedy is named.

Holz

Stevie J and Chappy the same price, Im leaning towards chappy he is posting better scores. Stevie J had 2 huge games with 170 scores im not sure if he can do that agin whears chappy seems to go 90-110 most weeks and throw out the occasional low game.

Plastic Boy

Will be wet in Brissy this weekend so could be a lowish score for Stevie J... I've got him penciled in for next week.

Windigo

Wait a couple of weeks, looking at Zaha, Chappy, Stevie J or Cloke next week.

Liking Zaha ATM.

Plastic Boy

Quote from: Windigo on April 26, 2012, 05:00:53 PM

Liking Zaha ATM.

I'd have to agree, it might be a great chance to complete a FWD line early on with a lot of premos tanking.

Mid premos are holding up well and defenders, well defenders pretty much all suck except Goddard and Deledio.

I'm planning to trade aggressively to get in SJ, Zaha and Cloke to finish off my FWD line

Already have Chappy, Franklin, Martin, Sidebum with Fyfe on the verge of being ousted depending on whether he gets named this week.

Windigo

Quote from: Plastic Boy on April 26, 2012, 05:04:42 PM
Quote from: Windigo on April 26, 2012, 05:00:53 PM

Liking Zaha ATM.

I'd have to agree, it might be a great chance to complete a FWD line early on with a lot of premos tanking.

Mid premos are holding up well and defenders, well defenders pretty much all suck except Goddard and Deledio.

I'm planning to trade aggressively to get in SJ, Zaha and Cloke to finish off my FWD line

Already have Chappy, Franklin, Martin, Sidebum with Fyfe on the verge of being ousted depending on whether he gets named this week.

Zaha is so cheap ATM, and is well worth a quick upgrade of Dev, Kennedy etc if you have the $$$.