Making captain choices a little easier

Started by Ricochet, April 26, 2012, 01:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: essendon2 on April 26, 2012, 08:24:40 AM
I'm sorry, what?
last year on Anzac day, hocking killed swan.
in the draw last year, hocking defeated Judd.
in the elimination final, Judd didn't do anything - hocking wins
round 4 '12 - Judd does shower all - hocking wins.

our most important games, he's stepped up and won. Judd hasn't been that good this year - probably on 4 or 5 votes

i know he has tagged well in the past. I said that earlier, and even had a couple of examples of it from match reports. I'm saying he hasn't started well.

Quote from: penskifile on April 26, 2012, 10:05:10 AM
Hocking has been good this year as a tagger. Yes Pendles had 34 disposals yesterday, but his kick to handball ratio was almost 50/50. I was at the game yesterday and Pendles Barely got any room from Hocking and had to offload a quick handball a lot. He picked up some kicks and marks late when all the players were tired and everyone was loose. Hocking towelled up Judd last week. I don't think its a safe bet putting the C on who ever plays against Essendon..

Sorry mate but if your a tagger and you let your opponent get 34 touches... thats not a good day for you.
Judd still got 24 touches and kicked a goal (could have been two goals), even that isn't a good day for a tagger
Carrazzo kept Pendles to 15 touches...

I know its only early on boys, thats why i said to watch him over the next few games to see if his poor form (tagging wise) continues.

Ricochet

Quote from: Andrew on April 26, 2012, 01:28:45 AM
Great write-up. I held off Pendles/Swan this week because a) short break but b) I assumed Hocking would get moved to whoever was hot. Well I didn't see him near Swan all day, didn't see Hocking much at all to be honest. Over-rated tagger, don't be put off by him.

I do rate Raines after his effort on Ablett though (even injured him!), should I avoid putting Selwood captain against Brisbane this week..?
Sorry Andrew forgot to answer your question.
I took the captaincy off Ablett before the Brissie game because Raines came out publicly and said he wanted to tag Ablett and stop him at all costs blah blah. If i was Raines and had publicly said that, i would have been embarrassed if Ablett was to then collect another 40+ possies all day. Fortunately it worked for me this time. I'm not sure on how Raines has been in the past but my thinking is that he might not be as focused on Selwood as he was on Ablett. I could be completely wrong though, and don't think its worth the risk. Probably look eslewhere for Captains. Who else do you have?

penskifile

Quote from: Ricochet on April 26, 2012, 10:20:14 AM
I'm sorry, what?

our most important games, he's stepped up and won. Judd hasn't been that good this year - probably on 4 or 5 votes

i know he has tagged well in the past. I said that earlier, and even had a couple of examples of it from match reports. I'm saying he hasn't started well.

Hocking has been good this year as a tagger. Yes Pendles had 34 disposals yesterday, but his kick to handball ratio was almost 50/50. I was at the game yesterday and Pendles Barely got any room from Hocking and had to offload a quick handball a lot. He picked up some kicks and marks late when all the players were tired and everyone was loose. Hocking towelled up Judd last week. I don't think its a safe bet putting the C on who ever plays against Essendon..

Sorry mate but if your a tagger and you let your opponent get 34 touches... thats not a good day for you.
Judd still got 24 touches and kicked a goal (could have been two goals), even that isn't a good day for a tagger

I know its only early on boys, thats why i said to watch him over the next few games to see if his poor form (tagging wise) continues.

Sorry mate, we are talking fantasy wise. Keeping Judd to 74 and Pendles to 113 i wouldn't be any more confident of my captain smashing it against Essendon than any other team.

Ricochet

Quote from: penskifile on April 26, 2012, 11:42:19 AM
I'm sorry, what?

Sorry mate, we are talking fantasy wise. Keeping Judd to 74 and Pendles to 113 i wouldn't be any more confident of my captain smashing it against Essendon than any other team.

Fantasy wise have you ever really considered Judd captain material?
Like i said mate, it is more a suggestion to watch and see what might happen in the future based on this year so far

Justin Bieber

Cayenne

If nothing else, looking into it will tell you which captain options are susceptable to the tag (stanton), and which taggers go well against which captains, ie. raines vs hocking at locking down ablett.

Ricochet

Quote from: Cayenne on April 26, 2012, 12:10:03 PM
If nothing else, looking into it will tell you which captain options are susceptable to the tag (stanton), and which taggers go well against which captains, ie. raines vs hocking at locking down ablett.
That's where i was heading with this, with Hocking standing out so far this season

Cayenne

Quote from: Ricochet on April 26, 2012, 12:16:01 PM
Quote from: Cayenne on April 26, 2012, 12:10:03 PM
That's where i was heading with this, with Hocking standing out so far this season
I know, just helping get the point accross because it seems like some essendon supporters are getting up in your grill thinking the whole thread is about hocking being shower.

penskifile

Quote from: Ricochet on April 26, 2012, 12:03:42 PM
I'm sorry, what?

Like i said mate, it is more a suggestion to watch and see what might happen in the future based on this year so far
[/quote

Your suggestion was which ever team is playing Essendon, it might be worth picking your captain from, so on that basis you would consider Judd as a captain. I know your just suggesting something, so am i.

Ricochet

Quote from: penskifile on April 26, 2012, 01:36:25 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on April 26, 2012, 12:03:42 PM
I'm sorry, what?

Your suggestion was which ever team is playing Essendon, it might be worth picking your captain from, so on that basis you would consider Judd as a captain. I know your just suggesting something, so am i.
yeh ok fair enough. I wouldn't have Judd in my team or have him as captain. It was more the likes of Pendles, Swan, Mitchell, Murphy, Jelwood, Boyd, Thompson, Rockliff etc. who you would normally likely consider for captaincy. I probably wasn't clear enough. It was intended for helping make a decision between your 3,4 or 5 premium mids as to who to pick as captain, and suggesting to think about poor taggers when making that decision (and that Hocking has stood out so far).