Smedts.....

Started by Jormas, April 26, 2012, 12:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jormas

Thinking of getting rid of Smedts and going for Treloar.

Straight swap, but is it a waste of a trade?

Opinions ->>

elephants

I am keeping him... I have Treloar already though.

Ricochet

definitely more money to be made with treloar
how many trades have you used already??
i used 2 trades as a rookie fix in round 2... what your doing is the same thing and i don't think is a waste of a trade

The Grundles

Still a lot of money to be made on Smedts too.  He will play this weekend if he is fully fit...coach loves him

hardnut

I don't like this trade, true there may be more money on offer with Treloar in the short term but you have to determine if the differential is worth the trade. Smedts is liked at the club and will get more games, Treloar will be rested every however many weeks so I expect similar numbers of games.

Neither are keepers.

So I would see Smedts>Treloar as gaining ~5ppg for a while and maybe $50k absolute tops on final price differential.  Trades are worth a lot more than that imo.

I've made a number of rookie>rookie trades over the years before the first price rise for similar reasons and can't think of any that have really paid off as I'd expected at the time.

chatters24

I hate rookie to rookie trades. They usually come as a result of someones impatience. I would only conside sideways trading a rookie if the rookie I chose was sent back to the reserves after a game or 2 and didnt look like coming back (like Suckling did in his 1st year). I didn't sideways trade for the "must have" Curnow last year and I finished 508th so it obviously didn't make a huge difference.