Confusion over VC loophole

Started by FisherSaints, April 25, 2012, 07:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FisherSaints

OK, I made Swan VC. I'm happy with his score  ::) so what do I do. I have Bartlett and M Talia probably not playing. I'm just having a bit of a brain faze

TheHanger

its too easy,

switch a non playing onto the field, make them captain and remember to put the E on the playing player you switched off

Spite

Put the big C on bartlett and have an emg to cover bartletts donut. The VC swanny score will double up. GOOD LUCK! :D

Justin Bieber

FisherSaints

CalluM Bartlett

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 23, 2012, 07:17:34 PM

Callum Bartlett (BRL) MID $104,200
#13   Brisbane Lions
Height: 179cm     Weight: 75kg     Position: Midfield
Last Drafted: Round 2, Pick #27 2009 National Draft
Last Drafted By: Brisbane Lions

Introduction
Callum Bartlett has undergone two consecutive knee reconstructions since starring for the Geelong Falcons U18s as a 17 year-old. Highly rated within the Lions' ranks, he presents a quick and agile goal-kicking midfield option with excellent ball-winning ability.

Background
• Bartlett spent his junior career at North Geelong before joining the Geelong Falcons U18 side as a 16 year-old.

• He averaged 15 disposals per game as an underage player in his first season with the Falcons and received plaudits for his hard workrate, explosive pace and penetrating left foot kick.

• Tragically, Bartlett tore the ACL in his left knee during the last training session before the Falcons' season-opener in early April 2009. "It was something I had done a illion times," he said. "I won the footy, changed direction and my knee sort of just gave way on me."

• After suffering the season-ending injury, Bartlett remained involved with the Falcons by sitting with their assistant coaches on match-day, keeping statistics and keeping an eye on the opposition. He would studying the team's upcoming opponents and discuss their strategies with his team-mates.

• He remained diligent with his recovery and even completed part of his rehabilitation at Skilled Stadium in the same facilities used by the 2009 premiers - Geelong. It further proved the young man's desire to play AFL the following year.

• Bartlett's obvious abilities as a 17 year-old proved enough for the Brisbane Lions who drafted him with their first selection at the 2009 National Draft (Pick No.27 overall).

• Bartlett spent his first AFL pre-season in rehabilitation from his previous year's knee surgery before making his on-field return with the Lions Reserves side for their Round 2 clash against Morningside.

• He quickly became an integral part of the Lions Reserves side with his dash and awareness key features of his game. After more than a month of solid performances, Bartlett was on the cusp of being selected to make his debut in the senior side.

• But disaster struck again in the Reserves' Round 9 clash against Aspley when Bartlett ruptured the ACL in his opposite knee which forced him to undergo another full knee reconstruction.

• The 18 year-old midfielder was unfortunately faced with the prospect of being sidelined for a further 12 months.

• Much like his first season with the Club, Bartlett spent his pre-season in rehabilitation from a second consecutive knee reconstruction.

• After taking a cautious approach to his recovery, Bartlett eventually returned through the Lions Reserves in July and was eased back into action.

• He impressed the Lions coaching staff with his unwavering commitment, and enjoyed arguably his most complete month of football with the Club during the final month of the season.

• Unfortunately time ran out in 2011 for Bartlett to make his senior debut, but he was buoyed by the fact he got through unscathed and could approach the 2012 pre-season injury-free for the first time of his young career.

• He also managed to catch the eye of the NEAFL umpires who awarded him four votes in the Grogan Medal - which was the fourth most received by any of the listed Lions players.

Discussion :  http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php?topic=44867.0

Video :  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLxiAD9Knjw

http://www.lions.com.au/tabid/5085/default.aspx?newsid=124114

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/players/profile.php?firstname=Callum&surname=Bartlett

Rookie Player Rating : 6/10 MID - My belief with this guy is the lions want him to play, they believe in his abilities and you can bet they see him adding more of the same as rocky and red have given the lions in the middle, BUT he would need one great preseason and to shine in the nabcup to be considered, even so unless they really rate him and really neeed him a start to his season in the 2s seems far more appropriate with a mid season debut in the afl, keep him on your watchlist if thats the case because on that round 11 bye he would make a PERFECT downgrade target for one of your rooks from the round 12.

Justin Bieber

And why did you pick him may I ask? ???

FisherSaints

Thought he might play well, but he hasn't. He has the skills, search him up on Youtube