Main Menu

Rising Star Bets

Started by MC, April 24, 2012, 10:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC

So NAB Rising Star bets have been released on Luxbet (site I use) and I was wondering if anyone thinks there are a few longer shots that might be worth chucking a few bucks on?

I like the idea of:
Miles @ $41
Tom Mitchell @ 51
Kavanagh @ 201 (maybe a small $1 bet lol)
Docherty @ 201 (As above)

All of whom were massive in pre-season discussion and shouldn't be too far off playing. Given that 20 rounds remain I can't help but feel that someone may jump out and dominate in the coming weeks.

Shiel is playing well however, and $5 may be massive odds by the end of the season...

Thoughts?

Jukes

Butcher, Treloar and Caddy at $34 would be steals if they show better form. Coniglio is quite far back at $17 too.

elephants

Treloar at $34.

If I had money left in I'd be all over that!

Mama Bu

Dont think treloar is quite a rising star prospect

Maybe Anthony Miles if he plays every game for rest of year but usually rising star plays 90% of season

My favs would be Butcher, Caddy, Shiel, Coniglio, Clay Smith, Lachie Neale, Bugg

generally it is a mid or a half back/half foward who rotates through mid so you can rule Butcher and Bugg out

So out of Caddy, Coniglio, Shiel, Smith, Neale

Caddy might be the dt jet but in terms of AFL probs wont win it so rule him out

Shiel is a hard bodied player and showing signs of improvement (think Trent McKenzie last year) so put him in running

While Coniglio isnt the DT jet he is a very good player so put him in

Smith is a very very good player, but he is a burst player and doubt he will play 90% of the year so flick him

Neale has missed a few but in the few minutes he played on Friday he showed he makes every touch count and gets to lots of contests. If he plays rest of year Id pencil him in for the win

so I reckon the winner will be Coniglio, Shiel or Neale

I could put 5 on each and still make money overall or i could put 15 on lets say Neale (think he is a gun)

CrowsFan

What about the guy who picked up the nomination for this round? Mitch Wallis, odds of 16 on sportsbet ;)

MC

Sorry guys, thought I chucked the link in!

https://www.luxbet.com/index.php?cPath=2524&event_id=ALL

Yeah Wallis as a 2nd year player could have an advantage, but he hasn't set the world on fire!
Coniglio could fly under the radar for a few weeks I reckon too, but won't stand out so much with a lot of Port blokes coming up (Ie McCarthy and Pfeiffer)

Very good point Re: Supercoach and Dreamteam points not having any influence on judges decision. It's easy to get carried away with those players who are considered cash cows at this early stage!

Mama Bu

Steven Motlop, Dylan Grimes

hahahahahahahahaha

Clay Smith 41 bucks

Cadyy 34 bucks

Polec another one, forgot he was eligible he is only 26 bucks

Rhys Stanley and Lachie Neale 21 bucks each

Coniglio $17

Shiel $7

I reckon Polec is great outside value, he has been sub a bit but brisbane are starting to realise how good he is

I reckon Butcher is probs better than Stanley bit Stanley plays more games than Butch. If Stanley kicks 40+ goals this year he will win it

Top 4 for me are Coniglio, Shiel , Neale, Polec

Ringo

I might chuck $5 on Docherty at 201 now.  Will be in Brisbanes side within the next 4/6 weeks.

Mama Bu

Quote from: Ringo on April 25, 2012, 11:00:31 AM
I might chuck $5 on Docherty at 201 now.  Will be in Brisbanes side within the next 4/6 weeks.

Yeah but he would have to get 30 touches most games to win after missing almost half the season

It will be a mid, and that mid will have to play most of the year

Coniglio is in same boat as David Swallow last year, Great player but sooo much expectation on him.
Shiel looks like he will lift his game over next few weeks after missing pre season
Polec is a second year player and was a high draft pick. He is a good player but will need to really start making headlines to win
Caddy same as polec
Lachie Neale is that outside chance this year after coming from nowhere preseason. He is a very tough, rough in the guts player (bit like Ballantyne)

All of these guys are good chances take your pick

MC

You reckon he could win it after playing only 10 games? I'm not so sure. Miles however, could be a steal!

Bruce McAvaney

Ellis. Whoever saw him against Geelong would have seen a taste of things to come.