Trading J.Magner ( the magnet )

Started by Football Factory, April 24, 2012, 09:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Ive noticed there are a few people keen on trading Magner this week because he has had a couple of below par scores

imo this is a knee jerk reaction .. Magner still has a breakeven of 22

Magner in his first 2 games ripped out consecutive hundreds  103 and 106

He then went on to score 48 and 64

Why all of a sudden are people jumping off he's only worth 210k

What happens if he bangs out a couple of hudreds again .. he did it in his first 2 games of afl and one of those games was against WC

If he does your looking at another 100-150k  ? i think you should atleast wait a week or 2 more with this guy and if he is still scoring low then by all means trade him out .. he wont lose you any cash waiting a week or 2

dmagnus

If his role is now as a tagger, I would have thought it was pretty obvious his scores would suffer

Football Factory

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on April 24, 2012, 09:43:32 PM
Ive noticed there are a few people keen on trading Magner this week because he has had a couple of below par scores

imo this is a knee jerk reaction .. Magner still has a breakeven of 22

Magner in his first 2 games ripped out consecutive hundreds  103 and 106

He then went on to score 48 and 64

Why all of a sudden are people jumping off he's only worth 210k

What happens if he bangs out a couple of hudreds again .. he did it in his first 2 games of afl and one of those games was against WC

If he does your looking at another 100-150k  ? i think you should atleast wait a week or 2 more with this guy and if he is still scoring low then by all means trade him out .. he wont lose you any cash waiting a week or 2
Quote from: dmagnus on April 24, 2012, 09:49:59 PM
If his role is now as a tagger, I would have thought it was pretty obvious his scores would suffer

Justin Bieber

I have a feeling that the tagged role was just for Boyd.

elephants

Magnet or Coniglio will leave my team this week... But which...

nickyt

Quote from: elephants on April 24, 2012, 10:16:06 PM

Gotta be magnet imho, coniglio will continue to improve with time provided he stays fit! (I don't like what i'm hearing with regards to the magnet having a tagging role of late either)

Andrew

Yep I'm leaning towards selling Kennedy for Treloar and sticking another week with Magner. But all your cash cows should have more money to make at this point in the season. It's just a case that Treloar looks like a rare downgrade option from here on in, and starting Treloar over Kennedy leaves you 20 points better off a game on current form...

TheHanger

i need the dpp link in the mids, treloar is one of the only good options at the moment and his price is about to rocket

Andrew

Quote from: TheHanger on April 24, 2012, 10:48:09 PM
i need the dpp link in the mids, treloar is one of the only good options at the moment and his price is about to rocket

If you value the DPP link then by all means, go for it. Will differ from team to team, but I think it's very handy to have.

willy0405

Quote from: elephants on April 24, 2012, 10:16:06 PM

same as me :(

-Hector-

I've gone Magner to McDonald

and Kennedy to Treloar

I see Treloar making good cash, more so than Kennedy will for the rest of the year, although there is much debate on what a trade is actually worth which needs to be factored in.

McDonald, being a senior player and rookie priced should play every game for GWS unless injured (a real risk) or suspended as he has already done.

Whether this trade stays done until lockout, another question. Haha. Pretty aggressive strategy, but only used 2 trades so far (now 4 with these) and ranked around 7,000.

What do ya'll reckon?

Football Factory

Quote from: -Hector- on April 25, 2012, 12:09:12 AM
I've gone Magner to McDonald

and Kennedy to Treloar

I see Treloar making good cash, more so than Kennedy will for the rest of the year, although there is much debate on what a trade is actually worth which needs to be factored in.

McDonald, being a senior player and rookie priced should play every game for GWS unless injured (a real risk) or suspended as he has already done.

Whether this trade stays done until lockout, another question. Haha. Pretty aggressive strategy, but only used 2 trades so far (now 4 with these) and ranked around 7,000.

What do ya'll reckon?
Cant really argue with those trades .. Macca and Treloar will be great money makers but just think Magner imo can still go bang and make you alot more cash .. anyone else you can get rid of instead of Magner ?

Mama Bu

Keep him for one more week just to see,

If he scores bad again then trade if he cranks out 100 keep for a bit longer

its not like he will go down in price this week

chatters24

If I traded out Magner it would be for McDonald. However, if I keep Magner for one more week (and one more price rise) I could just trade him out for Miles who is on the bubble next week.

Football Factory

86 points .. not bad  ;)   ..  show me the money