Whats your ranking??? And trading strategy?

Started by Dave085, April 24, 2012, 06:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave085

Gday all,

Im considering whether to stop worrying about overall and focus on League matches or not. I like to win league but ive never even cracked the top 5,000 overall. Im currently ranked 564 so im pretty happy.

What would you consider a good ranking at this early time of the year?

What is your ranking and are you changing your focus from overall to league or vice versa already?

How does it affect your trading strategies, i.e. Will Ablett be traded this week or not?

Jukes

I'm around 4k, was 15k last week but came very good last week so I shot up in rankings 11,000 places. Think that I'm very good considering what I showerstorm I had in rounds 2 and 3.

matt1985

That's an awesome ranking congrats! :D I don't know if dreamteam website is glitchy or not, but I was ranked 102 yesterday but i'm ranked 100th now? I'm just aiming to get as high as possible before byes kick in. Then if I cop a donut here and there I should be able to make up the difference round 14 onwards!

Dave085

Modified the original post to maybe create some discussion about trading. Lots of different opinions about Ablett etc. and they differ mostly becuase of peoples goal for the year.

So i.e. if youre going overall would you trade Ablett, if youre going League youd probably keep him...

Jormas

im rated 4800, and looking to be top 1000 by end of the year. averaging 2100, and hopefully, with pendles always scoring big on the anzac day (touch wood) he can bust out a 140-150. and Boyd playing GWS and Hayes playing Melbourne, i should get a nice 130 from each of those (touch wood again).

I think a par score for this round will be around 2150, and the highest will crack the 2500 mark. but who knows. it cant possibly be as bad as last round.

Cayenne

So far it seems like there is very little consistency and top performing forwards and backs, so I'm trying to load up my mids as early as possible (started with 5) and then pick up the forwards / backs that I think will be in the top few once it becomes clearer who will be.

I'm 196 at the moment but only because I've been lucky on these last couple of injury weeks. That puts me in that what to do with ablett group. I'm wanting to get jmac in but I don't think magner greene and shiel are ready yet. Ablett to jmac (and possibly porps/kennedy to treloar) would leave me a lot of spending money to go upgrade crazy over the next couple weeks and give magner/green/shiel more time to fatten up.

It'll still be ~50 points off the pace this week by not swapping ablett to another premo straight up - but will hopefully be 50 points above the rest the following week. It'll only really pay off if GAJ is out for 2-3 and not 1.

tbagrocks

well I made some bad starting choices, Mackay over Ebert! Otten over Waters!
then got Hurn & Cornes killed me last week with 24 & 26!!!!
overall 10536 :P

ok, next week with 633k bring in stars Swan & Beams
week after Waters/Adcock, & Barlow/Ablett

this should get me back on track!

Dave085

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 26, 2012, 02:00:08 PM

That will hurt you during the byes wont it with 3 midfielders out in round 12??

essendon2

115th overall

going to go
Carrazzo > Treloar
Kennedy > Ward

or

Carrazzo > Waters
Kennedy > Treloar

and already copping the Sandi 0  :'(

tbagrocks

Quote from: Dave085 on April 26, 2012, 02:42:41 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on April 26, 2012, 02:00:08 PM

atm got- Pendels, Murphy, JSelwood, Ziebell, still got Flowering Mackay!(to be traded asap)
- so yeah Ablett or Swan or Barlow would mess me up there!

That will hurt you during the byes wont it with 3 midfielders out in round 12??

Chopps

445th

trading strategy is to trade early and be set for byes, also planned for byes to minimise donuts

bomberboy0618

Quote from: matt1985 on April 24, 2012, 07:08:26 PM
That's an awesome ranking congrats! :D I don't know if dreamteam website is glitchy or not, but I was ranked 102 yesterday but i'm ranked 100th now? I'm just aiming to get as high as possible before byes kick in. Then if I cop a donut here and there I should be able to make up the difference round 14 onwards!
http://www.fantasyfootyclub.com/showthread.php?12673-Busted!&p=231162#post231162