Helpo!

Started by elephants, April 24, 2012, 02:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

My conundrum is this...

Current midfield - Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Murphy, Coniglio, Magner (Shiel, McDonald)

This week I plan on turning Coniglio or Magner into Joel Selwood.

Ablett (13), Pendles (12), Boyd (11), Murphy (13), Selwood (12), McDonald (11) (Shiel, Magner/Coniglio)

As you see here I now have my full quota of round 13 byes and round 12 byes. I feel as though I am missing out on Swanny unless I upgrade after byes which I don't really want to do.

I am trading Ablett this week too. I will be looking at Mitchell or Rockliff or Callan Ward. If I bring in the safest option in Mitchell I will have to wait until after byes to bring back Gazz. If I bring in Rockliff I get nervous that he'll be too up and down despite his end to last year. If I bring in Ward I dunno... he is kinda really ballsy as far as midfield picks go :P

At this stage I am leaning toward bringing in Rocky as I will get the 90k from the Ablett trade and be able to complete my midfield by the round that Gazz plays GWS.

Pretty much my question is... Am I crazy in not haveing Swan or Mitchell in my 'final midfield' which will look like this...?

Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Murphy, Selwood, Rockliff.

Is this strong enough? Will this be the top 6-8 midfielders for the year?

Thanks if you had the attentiveness to read this far ;D

Cheers!

PowerBug

That midfield is fine ele. :)

Sleeken

I can't comment on which of the three midfielders to go for now but wouldn't be able to bring in ward myself. I think he may slow down as the year drags on.

I plan to have a midfield similar to yours by the end of the year and think it's easily strong enough.

picker_man

yeah its a issue trying to fit the top midfielders in with the byes this year so i think alot of us have this issue ele.

I think you want atleast two of ablett,pendles,swan and by the looks of your final mids you will but can you get swan in this week instead of selwood so you can have all 3? or have you thought about bringing mitchell in this week and sideways trading murphy / mitchell to swan during byes. Instead of having to downgrade a rookie to avoid a donut in the mids i can sideways a premium and use's up same amount of trades and gives me the best mids for the run home??

elephants

Quote from: PowerBug on April 24, 2012, 02:21:49 PM
Yeah thanks PB. I guess there is no certainty that Swanny will even be top 6...

Quote from: Sleeken on April 24, 2012, 02:24:51 PM
I can't comment on which of the three midfielders to go for now but wouldn't be able to bring in ward myself. I think he may slow down as the year drags on.

I plan to have a midfield similar to yours by the end of the year and think it's easily strong enough.
Cheers Sleek. I too am wary about Ward. How long can he pull the GWS midfield along with him? Also does he cop tags? They'll be on their way you would assume...?

Quote from: picker_man on April 24, 2012, 02:29:11 PM
yeah its a issue trying to fit the top midfielders in with the byes this year so i think alot of us have this issue ele.

I think you want atleast two of ablett,pendles,swan and by the looks of your final mids you will but can you get swan in this week instead of selwood so you can have all 3? or have you thought about bringing mitchell in this week and sideways trading murphy / mitchell to swan during byes. Instead of having to downgrade a rookie to avoid a donut in the mids i can sideways a premium and use's up same amount of trades and gives me the best mids for the run home??
Hmmm that's true. You've got me thinking again Pickers. I am at the stage where I reckon I'll have enough to deal with through the byes in the rest of my team without having to throw more premium midfield frustrations in the works. Also I assume that Swanny will be off to Arizona? If he is would it not be wiser to wait until after his trip?
It is very tempting to do what you said with Mitchell and switching him for Swanny but I reckon the other premium midfielders will make up for what I am missing out on Swanny and the trade I would lose?
But.... hmmm... Selwood vs Swan this week... Starting to lean toward Swan... But Selwood shouldn't be rested as the Cats fight for top 4... But Swanny murdered the back end of last year....
Argh. Hahahaha.

Jukes

You're crazy to not have the second best dt'er in the land in your team.

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on April 24, 2012, 03:00:33 PM

You mean Stanton or Swan? Hahahahaa.

picker_man

Quote from: elephants on April 24, 2012, 03:15:49 PM

he would have stanton 1st

picker_man

Quote from: elephants on April 24, 2012, 02:52:41 PM

Cheers Sleek. I too am wary about Ward. How long can he pull the GWS midfield along with him? Also does he cop tags? They'll be on their way you would assume...?

Hmmm that's true. You've got me thinking again Pickers. I am at the stage where I reckon I'll have enough to deal with through the byes in the rest of my team without having to throw more premium midfield frustrations in the works. Also I assume that Swanny will be off to Arizona? If he is would it not be wiser to wait until after his trip?
It is very tempting to do what you said with Mitchell and switching him for Swanny but I reckon the other premium midfielders will make up for what I am missing out on Swanny and the trade I would lose?
But.... hmmm... Selwood vs Swan this week... Starting to lean toward Swan... But Selwood shouldn't be rested as the Cats fight for top 4... But Swanny murdered the back end of last year....
Argh. Hahahaha.
yeah just more food for thought haha
In regards to how it wouldnt cost an extra trade its hard to tell without knowing what rookies you are heading into the bye rounds with but you have 3 round 11 bye rookies atm obviously you will look at downgrading / upgrading atleast two of these before rd11 but most will go into rd11 with atleast 1 rd11 rookie . So if you go into the byes with boyd,rocky and say mcdonald  you will need to use a trade on mcdonald to avoid a donut but if you trade in mitchell instead of rocky you will go into rd11 with boyd & mcdonald so no trade needed and go into rd13 with ablett,murphy & mitchell and just use the trade then to get swan and gives you the luxury of cutting the worse performing premo from rd 13. Hope that makes sense?? hard to tell not knowing rookies etc

elephants

Quote from: picker_man on April 24, 2012, 03:36:55 PM

Argh. Hahahaha.
In regards to how it wouldnt cost an extra trade its hard to tell without knowing what rookies you are heading into the bye rounds with but you have 3 round 11 bye rookies atm obviously you will look at downgrading / upgrading atleast two of these before rd11 but most will go into rd11 with atleast 1 rd11 rookie . So if you go into the byes with boyd,rocky and say mcdonald  you will need to use a trade on mcdonald to avoid a donut but if you trade in mitchell instead of rocky you will go into rd11 with boyd & mcdonald so no trade needed and go into rd13 with ablett,murphy & mitchell and just use the trade then to get swan and gives you the luxury of cutting the worse performing premo from rd 13. Hope that makes sense?? hard to tell not knowing rookies etc

Man this is more screwed than I thought hahahah. I dunno I am just going to go into the byes and be in damage control. Limit the number of donuts I reckon...

picker_man

Quote from: elephants on April 24, 2012, 03:46:30 PM
Quote from: picker_man on April 24, 2012, 03:36:55 PM

Argh. Hahahaha.

Man this is more screwed than I thought hahahah. I dunno I am just going to go into the byes and be in damage control. Limit the number of donuts I reckon...
yeah its getting more screwed the closer we get and my rooms covered in hundreds of different stratergies to go into the byes with, hopefully the right one is in there somewere hahaha.

elephants

Hahaha yeah. I am just going to make sure I don't get too many premiums from one round (like more than 3 in back and fwds and more than 2 in the mids) and from there just attempt to keep donuts minimal... Still Selwood or Swan :P

Jukes

Quote from: picker_man on April 24, 2012, 03:20:12 PM
Quote from: elephants on April 24, 2012, 03:15:49 PM

he would have stanton 1st

I MEAN STANTON. Stants is flowering great, but GAJ is a class above everybody. But you never know, Stants could come 1st.

picker_man

Quote from: elephants on April 24, 2012, 04:00:01 PM
Hahaha yeah. I am just going to make sure I don't get too many premiums from one round (like more than 3 in back and fwds and more than 2 in the mids) and from there just attempt to keep donuts minimal... Still Selwood or Swan :P
Swans draw coming up does look good but the numbers show over the next 5 rounds in total he only ave 106 against these teams last year
Looking at Selwoods draw he's actually got a reasonably easy one coming up over the next 5 rounds aswell and ave similar to swan with 108.8 against those teams
So the numbers for games coming up say flip a coin but swan is going to Arizona.....right?? So as crazy as it might sound if you didnt start with swan and dont want to sideways trade him in after byes or Arizona then i wouldnt get him in, So go Selwood :o

elephants

Quote from: picker_man on April 24, 2012, 04:21:14 PM
Quote from: elephants on April 24, 2012, 04:00:01 PM
Swans draw coming up does look good but the numbers show over the next 5 rounds in total he only ave 106 against these teams last year
Looking at Selwoods draw he's actually got a reasonably easy one coming up over the next 5 rounds aswell and ave similar to swan with 108.8 against those teams
So the numbers for games coming up say flip a coin but swan is going to Arizona.....right?? So as crazy as it might sound if you didnt start with swan and dont want to sideways trade him in after byes or Arizona then i wouldnt get him in, So go Selwood :o

Yeah have been leaning toward Selwood for a while. Swan only came to my attention very recently.