first post!

Started by taytehille, April 24, 2012, 11:27:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taytehille

hey guys, just wondering about your opinion on trading out cash cows before they have fully ripened?
I'm thinking either Kennedy or d. smith to treloar. Or would you trade out Dickson who hasn't made any money yet but possibly could?
Cheers!

felsty

dickson definitely! still a few weeks of price rises to go for kennedy and more so smith

upthemaidens

it depends on whether or not dickson will play,, bulldogs play GWS this week so hopefully they name some of their young prospects and dickson may get a game..  if he doesnt get named though, probably better dropping him

crabapples

yeh i already got rid of dickson for a playing rook, i think he will get time eventually but not enough to make a massive price rise. The other guys asked about r still on negative break evens so they're still goin up a fair bit be a bit sillly to trade i think, Dickson isn't really a young prospect either he's 25 i think

upthemaidens

Quote from: crabapples on April 24, 2012, 12:14:13 PM
yeh i already got rid of dickson for a playing rook, i think he will get time eventually but not enough to make a massive price rise. The other guys asked about r still on negative break evens so they're still goin up a fair bit be a bit sillly to trade i think, Dickson isn't really a young prospect either he's 25 i think
according to FF  kennedy has B/E at 19 in SC and 31 in DT,, i dont know how accurate that is though

crabapples

sorry was looking at non updated score yeh so smith is still -4 SC and kennedy's 19, so maybe after next week you might start to see where kennedy's going to plateu?... probly the game after goldcoast so after 2 weeks might be prime time to look at cashin him in

penskifile

Depends how many trades you have already used and who is named to play this week. If you have already used 4 or 5 trades i wouldn't be trading again. If you have used less trades than that and one of Kennedy or Smith are rested, i would consider it.

taytehille

i've only used 1 trade so far, although am tossing up whether to hold or trade ablett out this week so that could be another. I think im now leaning towards trading out dickson if he isnt named against the bulldogs, then in the next week or two down grade smith or kennedy to reduce my amount of gws boys

Ringo

Justa quick question do you have McDonald at all.  If not I would take him in preference to trelaor as there is a much larger cash rise available from mac than treloar. 

upthemaidens

Quote from: Ringo on April 24, 2012, 01:39:16 PM
Justa quick question do you have McDonald at all.  If not I would take him in preference to trelaor as there is a much larger cash rise available from mac than treloar.
yeah agree,  infact if u dont have jmac than i would get both him and treloar in

taytehille

Yeah I have jmac already, what are you thinking of doing with gaj?

Capper

Quote from: taytehille on April 24, 2012, 02:16:29 PM
Yeah I have jmac already, what are you thinking of doing with gaj?
leave GAJ where he is, he might have a high breakeven but if he is back for the GWS game then he will get it. Also watch out if you do get Treloar for Dickson that you dont end up with too many GWS players in your team as you wont be keeping most of them and will need to trade them out

Ringo

I would then do Dickson to Treloar - Do you have average for GAJ if you sit him on the pine for 2 weeks.  I will probably sit him on the pine as I have rookie coverage. Do not mind losing say 50/60 points per game as I have only lost one league game in the 2 rounds to date and it was by 1 point v the cost to get Ablett back in. Save a trade as well which may be beneficial down the track.

taytehille

thanks for that boys.. was initially going to trade gaj to pendles and smith to treloar, now completely changed my mind.
going to go dickson to treloar and keep gaj on the pine..he's a nut, he'll be back within 2 hopefully!

AndyD8410

I'm keeping GAJ on the pine and traded out Saad for Treloar. My bench now looks like this:

Bench: Dempsey, Ellis, D Smith, Shiel, Hale, Redden, Hall, Tomlinson.

Playing rookies: Shiel, Morris, Pfeiffer, Treloar, Giles, Magner, Bugg.

3 trades burned so far.