Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GCSkiwi

Quote from: GCSkiwi on August 20, 2012, 06:00:45 PM
Ringo/any others who care to comment, prelim final trade decision:

The team I'm playing has identical defender and rucks to me so fwds/mids will decide it. Here's mine:

Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Jelwood, Boyd, Thompson, Priddis (Adams, Gibson)
Fwd: Buddy, Pav, Danger, Sidey, Zorko, Chappy, Martin (Elliot, Murdoch)

Theirs (as of round 21, changes unknown)
Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Mitchell, Rockliff, Gibson (Miles, Baguley)
Fwd: Buddy, Pav, Danger, Sidey, Zorko, Beams, Jpod (5fer, Couch)

Bold players the same. I'll take a speculative punt and say the only trades that might happen in their team are a Gibson upgrade if anything at all. I wouldn't change those fwds and leave Gibson as an M6. But no idea if they can even trade. I would back my unique mids over theirs, but anything could happen there. Would probably back Jpod and Beams over Chappy and Martin. So, my questions is this:
With 2 trades and $57,000 left, I was planning to get rid of Franklin. However, seeing as he is in both our teams, I'm now thinking I use my last two trades to go Hargrave (def) -> rookie and Martin -> Beams. The only other iffy player in my team is I have Giles as Ruck 2, but he is in 3/4 teams in the finals now and is performing at the moment. Good trade? Will wait for teams obviously but is that a good option?

Ok So I posted this earlier this week, now thinking of different plans with Selwood out.
Option 1: Hargrave to rookie, Gibson to Beams. Play Beams in place of Jelwood this week, then next week use DPP to put Beams into fwds for either Martin or Zorko (probably Martin).

Option 2: The original, Hargrave to rookie, Dustbin to Beams, and play Gibson in place of Jelwood. Means I eliminate a potentially match losing score from Dustbin, and opponent has Gibson on field so that shouldn't cost me.

EDIT: Or option 3 I just noticed: Elliot to DPP rookie, Gibson to Beams. Beams covers Jelwood, then Beams can swap with the rookie next week, gives me DPP bench link on mid/fwd bench... Similar to 1 with bench swap benefits...

All cases the risk is a late fwd withdrawal, as Elliot is not playing and Murdoch is on extended bench, may not play. Option 2 seems more secure for this weeks game, guess the question really is who is worth more for final, Dustbin DPP as a bench cover (albeit a rollercoaster one) or Gibson as mid only?

Ringo

Quote from: GCSkiwi on August 23, 2012, 09:18:01 PM

The team I'm playing has identical defender and rucks to me so fwds/mids will decide it. Here's mine:

Bold players the same. I'll take a speculative punt and say the only trades that might happen in their team are a Gibson upgrade if anything at all. I wouldn't change those fwds and leave Gibson as an M6. But no idea if they can even trade. I would back my unique mids over theirs, but anything could happen there. Would probably back Jpod and Beams over Chappy and Martin. So, my questions is this:
With 2 trades and $57,000 left, I was planning to get rid of Franklin. However, seeing as he is in both our teams, I'm now thinking I use my last two trades to go Hargrave (def) -> rookie and Martin -> Beams. The only other iffy player in my team is I have Giles as Ruck 2, but he is in 3/4 teams in the finals now and is performing at the moment. Good trade? Will wait for teams obviously but is that a good option?

Ok So I posted this earlier this week, now thinking of different plans with Selwood out.
Option 1: Hargrave to rookie, Gibson to Beams. Play Beams in place of Jelwood this week, then next week use DPP to put Beams into fwds for either Martin or Zorko (probably Martin).

Option 2: The original, Hargrave to rookie, Dustbin to Beams, and play Gibson in place of Jelwood. Means I eliminate a potentially match losing score from Dustbin, and opponent has Gibson on field so that shouldn't cost me.

EDIT: Or option 3 I just noticed: Elliot to DPP rookie, Gibson to Beams. Beams covers Jelwood, then Beams can swap with the rookie next week, gives me DPP bench link on mid/fwd bench... Similar to 1 with bench swap benefits...

All cases the risk is a late fwd withdrawal, as Elliot is not playing and Murdoch is on extended bench, may not play. Option 2 seems more secure for this weeks game, guess the question really is who is worth more for final, Dustbin DPP as a bench cover (albeit a rollercoaster one) or Gibson as mid only?
What do you think of this
Elliott to Couch
Adams to Beams think you can afford that if I have done the sums right.
If there is a late forward out Switch Beams back to the forwards and play Gibson. Keeping Gibson allows a strong Bench for next week. Then you can also swap Beams and Martin next week and play Gibson.

Slammer

Quote from: Slammer on August 22, 2012, 05:56:16 PM
Hey Ringo,

Just wondering if I should use my last trades this week or not (of course depending on the GS injury etc.)
This is how it looks on paper so far.
2 trades and $134K
Could go Suckling to Birchall or bring in S.Shaw and bench Suckling.
Or go Treloar to Steve J and Dal Santo to Selwood.
Not sure...Any other ideas would be appreciated.
My concern is Harvey getting the Crowley tag (if he plays) and Watson and/or Steve J firing for him.
Do I try and bring in Steve J or something similiar to match him or back my side and keep two trades for GF if I make it.?

Him            vs          Me

Dempsey     -           Waters
Lake           -           Suckling

Watson      -            Thompson
Hayes        -             Dal Santo

Cox           -             Maric

ROK          -             Beams
Steve J     -             Danger
N.Roo       -             Harvey
J. Roo       -             Fyfe
Cloke        -              Zorko

Hey Ringo,

With N Roo not in I reckon he will trade him out for Beams to match me.
Should I still hold ? With Jolly not playing I reckon cox will go alright for him as well.
Any further thoughts ?

Cheers

Ringo

Quote from: Slammer on August 23, 2012, 10:16:54 PM
Hey Ringo,

Just wondering if I should use my last trades this week or not (of course depending on the GS injury etc.)
2 trades and $134K
My concern is Harvey getting the Crowley tag (if he plays) and Watson and/or Steve J firing for him.
Do I try and bring in Steve J or something similiar to match him or back my side and keep two trades for GF if I make it.?

Hey Ringo,

Should I still hold ? With Jolly not playing I reckon cox will go alright for him as well.
Any further thoughts ?

Cheers
Still favour you because if he brings in Beams it will be ROK v Fyfe so close to line ball here but you are in front overall.  Know on paper and anything can happen. If you both have Giles a possible  POD for you to consider is Giles to Goldstein.  Not necessary but an option.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Ringo on August 23, 2012, 10:03:11 PM

Elliott to Couch
If there is a late forward out Switch Beams back to the forwards and play Gibson. Keeping Gibson allows a strong Bench for next week. Then you can also swap Beams and Martin next week and play Gibson.

Nope, come up about 100k short on that! Adams + Elliot + 57000 is about 700,000 - Beams is most of that. I think the only realistic swap options for Beams are Gibson, Martin or Zorko, kinda wrote off zorko as he's in both teams and is doing better than martin anyway... The other two teams in the other prelim both have dusty so I don't think its a risk for next week, just wondering if he could cost me this week?

If I trade Gibson to Beams, it's Rockliff, Watson, Mitchell, Gibson and Stevie J (him) vs Boyd, Thompson, Priddis, Chappy, Martin (me).
If I trade Dusty, it's Rockliff, Watson, Mitchell, Stevie J vs Boyd, Thompson, Priddis, Chappy.

number 2 gives me a beter shot I reckon...

Slammer

Quote from: Ringo on August 23, 2012, 10:37:38 PM
Quote from: Slammer on August 23, 2012, 10:16:54 PM
Hey Ringo,

2 trades and $134K

Hey Ringo,

Any further thoughts ?

Cheers
Still favour you because if he brings in Beams it will be ROK v Fyfe so close to line ball here but you are in front overall.  Know on paper and anything can happen. If you both have Giles a possible  POD for you to consider is Giles to Goldstein.  Not necessary but an option.

Thanks Ringo

Yeah tough one. If he has trades I reckon he will go all out and use them. He will want revenge as I beat him in the final last year.
Just hope Watson has a quiet one and Crowley doesn't play as it could be curtains for me.

Ringo

Quote from: GCSkiwi on August 23, 2012, 10:43:13 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 23, 2012, 10:03:11 PM

Elliott to Couch

Nope, come up about 100k short on that! Adams + Elliot + 57000 is about 700,000 - Beams is most of that. I think the only realistic swap options for Beams are Gibson, Martin or Zorko, kinda wrote off zorko as he's in both teams and is doing better than martin anyway... The other two teams in the other prelim both have dusty so I don't think its a risk for next week, just wondering if he could cost me this week?

If I trade Gibson to Beams, it's Rockliff, Watson, Mitchell, Gibson and Stevie J (him) vs Boyd, Thompson, Priddis, Chappy, Martin (me).
If I trade Dusty, it's Rockliff, Watson, Mitchell, Stevie J vs Boyd, Thompson, Priddis, Chappy.

number 2 gives me a beter shot I reckon...
Should not try and do maths after a hard day at work.  I agree with you Option 2 is the best Option as Stevie J v Martin may cost you the match.

GCSkiwi

Cheers Ringo. Have gone Dusty to Beams and Elliot to Couch in the end

boneman

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw.H, Carrazzo, Scotland, Waters, Shaw.S (Bell, Townsend)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood.J, Boyd, Priddis, Montagna (Gibson, Ledger)
Ruck: Naitanui, Roughead (Campbell, Stephenson )
For: Pavlich, Beams, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko, Sidebottom, Johnson.S (Couch, Hall)

1 Trade $47,000

Hold or Trade?

SELWOOD - MURPHY (or anyone cheaper than him...)

Gibson provides good cover but Murphy's points difference may be critical. I'm almost certain my opponent is out of trades his POD's are below in bold.

Def: Birchall, Lake, Heppell (Scotland, Waters, Shaw.s)
Mid: Kennedy, Fyfe (Priddis, Montagna)
Ruck: Mumford (Roughead)
For: Roughead, Goodes (Pavlich, Beams)

Mat0369

I decided to bring Heath Shaw in this week along with Roughead. I am sort of worried about Shaw with all the rumors going around.

2 trades left, $33,400

Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, H Shaw, Carrazzo, Birchall, Enright, Sam Shaw, Alex Browne
Ablett, Pendlebury, Jack, Priddis, Hayes, Rockliff, Treloar, Gibson
Jacobs, Giles, Phillips, Patterson
Buddy, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, O'Keefe, Chapman, Roughead, Zorko, Martin, Taylor Adams

I am not sure who to start out of Zorko and Martin as my 7th forward this week. I am also not confident in the Heath Shaw move just in case he is a late withdrawal or does not play next week. Should I bring someone else in ahead of Shaw?

j959

Quote from: boneman on August 24, 2012, 07:11:25 PM
Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw.H, Carrazzo, Scotland, Waters, Shaw.S (Bell, Townsend)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood.J, Boyd, Priddis, Montagna (Gibson, Ledger)
Ruck: Naitanui, Roughead (Campbell, Stephenson )
For: Pavlich, Beams, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko, Sidebottom, Johnson.S (Couch, Hall)

1 Trade $47,000

Hold or Trade?

SELWOOD - MURPHY (or anyone cheaper than him...)

Gibson provides good cover but Murphy's points difference may be critical. I'm almost certain my opponent is out of trades his POD's are below in bold.

Def: Birchall, Lake, Heppell (Scotland, Waters, Shaw.s)
Mid: Kennedy, Fyfe (Priddis, Montagna)
Ruck: Mumford (Roughead)
For: Roughead, Goodes (Pavlich, Beams)
I'd say trade - what good is that trade next wk if you're not in the GF??!?

His is a streaky sort of team with Lake/Hepp/JPK - even Mummy and Roughy!

I didn't trade against my mate in our 'mates league' and I got done by 9pts - season over ... I'm speaking from experience ...

j959

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 24, 2012, 07:17:28 PM
I decided to bring Heath Shaw in this week along with Roughead. I am sort of worried about Shaw with all the rumors going around.

2 trades left, $33,400

Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, H Shaw, Carrazzo, Birchall, Enright, Sam Shaw, Alex Browne
Ablett, Pendlebury, Jack, Priddis, Hayes, Rockliff, Treloar, Gibson
Jacobs, Giles, Phillips, Patterson
Buddy, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, O'Keefe, Chapman, Roughead, Zorko, Martin, Taylor Adams

I am not sure who to start out of Zorko and Martin as my 7th forward this week. I am also not confident in the Heath Shaw move just in case he is a late withdrawal or does not play next week. Should I bring someone else in ahead of Shaw?
I would offer up Hurn as an option - bit inconsistent but ceiling is good and reasonable POD if you're worried about Heater's health status ... ??

Slammer

G'day Ringo

I promise I won't bother you anymore after this week for your suggestions.
Here is my grand final set up. 1 trade left and only $10k.

Him.     Vs.       Me

Birchall.            Suckling
Selwood.           Boyd
Kreuzer.            Giles
Mumford.          Maric
Steve J.            Harvey
Lewis.               Zorko

Could be in trouble. Only real option I can think
of is Giles to Sandi and try and win it in the rucks.
What do u think?

Ringo

If you could go Giles to Sandi I would do.  Sandi up against a returning Jamar will dominate.

j959

Quote from: Ringo on August 31, 2012, 08:46:16 AM
If you could go Giles to Sandi I would do.  Sandi up against a returning Jamar will dominate.
+1

I don't so much think you're in trouble, is just on paper you think you're behind but on the day it will be close and you just need a bit of luck!  ;)