Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: Marcos83 on August 15, 2012, 03:04:03 PM
Hey ringo thanks for your help through this season. I need your last piece of advise.

I have 4 trades left, have a week off and dont know what to do. Team is as follows with 200k sitting in bank:

Backs: Lidz, Goddard, Shaw, Carrots, Lake, Waters, Malceski, Spurr
Darley, Browne

Midfield: Gaj, Pendles, Selwood, Boyd, JPK, Zorkho
Gibson, Miles'

Rucks: NNat, Mummy
Campbell, Hall

Forwards: Franklin, Pav, Danger, Chapman, Sidebottom, Goodes, Martin
Patton, Couch

I ultimately want swan\watson(maybe both  for boyd\zorkho), beams, and maybe birchall. How can I make this happen. Beams is killing me but who and how would I get him in for if the likes of chappy\goodes\martin decide to fire.

So is not having another super premium in my midfield.

Thoughts champ?
Nice Team

If Franklin is not named this week I would be tempted to go Franklin to Beams.

Not sure that I would be trading Zorko at this stage but your decision.  Brisbane have Adelaide this week followed by Port and Dogs so he may regain previous scores. last week apart from when he was the sub was only the second time he scored below 90. Swan has a high B/e this week so I would wait and see till next week to move.  Also can observe what his attitude will be to the game after club discipline.
Gibson has an achievable B/e this week so I would be tempted to sit and see if a trade Gibson to Swan/Watson is possible.

If you do the Franklin trade then that still leave 2 trades for final game to use as needed. (Birchill), If you do the trades you have the otion of using Zorko to cover both Mids and Forwards.

colmullet

Hey Ringo

Just wondering who you would bench from this lot this week.....first time i've actually had enough fit players for this to be a problem in a long time haha

Buddy, Chappy, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Dusty, Goodes, Zorko, Roughead, NicNat, Mummy

Was going to bench Goodes till i saw he had the Bulldogs this week who look to be blooding youth....he may just have a day out

Ringo

Hate to say it would probably bench Martin. Playing Freo at Pattinsons so he would be my choice closely followed by Goodes.  You have the advantage of seeing whether will be a late out as well.

colmullet

yeah its tough, was even think maybe just benching Chappy anyways, he's been spending time in the forward pocket as of late

t.thomas6

Ringo, how are you my man. Just wanted to know your thoughts on my final team.

Backs: Deledio, Goddard, Shaw, Waters, Birchall, Carrazzo, Yarran (Darley (e), Bootsma)
Mids: Ablett (c), Watson, Kennedy (vc), Mitchell, Boyd, Priddis (Gibson (e), JMac)
Rucks: Goldstein, Giles (Redden, Campbell)
Fwds: Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Chapman, Martin, Goodes, Zorko (Casboult (e), Patton)

Let me know your thoughts mate.

Cheers :)

j959

Quote from: Ringo on August 16, 2012, 08:57:36 PM
Hate to say it would probably bench Martin. Playing Freo at Pattinsons so he would be my choice closely followed by Goodes.  You have the advantage of seeing whether will be a late out as well.
Man that is a tough one, but still good 'dilemma' to have ... :D

i concur with Ringo however.   ;)

j959

Quote from: t.thomas6 on August 17, 2012, 04:15:44 PM
Ringo, how are you my man. Just wanted to know your thoughts on my final team.

Backs: Deledio, Goddard, Shaw, Waters, Birchall, Carrazzo, Yarran (Darley (e), Bootsma)
Mids: Ablett (c), Watson, Kennedy (vc), Mitchell, Boyd, Priddis (Gibson (e), JMac)
Rucks: Goldstein, Giles (Redden, Campbell)
Fwds: Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Chapman, Martin, Goodes, Zorko (Casboult (e), Patton)

Let me know your thoughts mate.

Cheers :)
not Ringo, but can you 'magically' turn Yarran into Scotland TT??  ;)

seriously though, you're looking good - i have seen rumours of Mitchell as a late withdrawal but no 'confirmations' as yet ... hopefully just 'finals' scare-mongering ...

Are you able to upgrade a fwd into SJ??

Mat0369

I ran through this earlier in the week. I was looking at bringing in Heath Shaw for Lake but since I have a bye this week I was thinking a double downgrade for cash is my best option. So I am thinking of downgrading Lake (who I was planning on trading to Shaw) this week and downgrading Redden.

6 trades left and $9,200 in cash and my team is below.

Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, Enright, Birchall, Carrazzo, Lake, Sam Shaw, Spurr
Ablett, Pendlebury, Jack, Priddis, Hayes, Rockliff, Gibson, Taylor Adams
Jacobs, Giles, Redden, Phillips
Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, O'Keefe, Chapman, Martin, Zorko, Treloar, Saad

I am thinking Alex Browne could be a good downgrade option. This frees up a lot of cash and he would be bench coverage behind Sam Shaw. So the two trades I will make this week would be Lake>Browne and Redden>Pattison

This will give me $406,300 in cash and let me to trade out Spurr to Shaw (Spurr to go up in cash and Shaw to drop) and then Saad to Roughead for ruck coverage. That will leave me with 2 trades for the last week of the season and my team will look like this

Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, Enright, Birchall, Carrazzo, Heath Shaw, Sam Shaw, Browne
Ablett, Pendlebury, Jack, Priddis, Hayes, Rockliff, Gibson, Taylor Adams
Jacobs, Roughead, Giles, Phillips
Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, O'Keefe, Chapman, Martin, Zorko, Treloar, Pattison

This will leave me with 2 trades and almost 0 cash again going into the final round but my team will be very solid.

Does this look ok or should I look at doing something else?

boneman

Thoughts coaches?

Backs: Deledio, Goddard, Shaw.H, Waters, Carrazzo, Scotland, Shaw.S (Bell, Townsend)
Mids: Ablett, Pendlebury, Boyd, Priddis, Selwood.J, Montagna (Gibson, Ledger)
Rucks: Naitanui, Roughead (Stephenson, Campbell)
Fwds: Pavlich, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Beams, Martin, Zorko, Riewoldt.N (Couch, Hall)

2 Trades $62,000 (sudden death final!)

RIEWOLDT - JOHNSON.S, LEWIS or CHAPMAN?

Or double trade to get O'KEEFE?

Mat0369

I would go with Stevie J

boneman

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 17, 2012, 08:11:52 PM
I would go with Stevie J

Was leaning towards him due to his ability to blow out his scores to 140+ if he's got his mojo!

Captains choice is proving difficult. Play it safe with Ablett or risk with Pendlebury? I think my opponent might go Ablett but not sure what to do.

Looking at our squads it's fairly even!

GCSkiwi

Ringo/any others who care to comment, prelim final trade decision:

The team I'm playing has identical defender and rucks to me so fwds/mids will decide it. Here's mine:

Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Jelwood, Boyd, Thompson, Priddis (Adams, Gibson)
Fwd: Buddy, Pav, Danger, Sidey, Zorko, Chappy, Martin (Elliot, Murdoch)

Theirs (as of round 21, changes unknown)
Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Mitchell, Rockliff, Gibson (Miles, Baguley)
Fwd: Buddy, Pav, Danger, Sidey, Zorko, Beams, Jpod (5fer, Couch)

Bold players the same. I'll take a speculative punt and say the only trades that might happen in their team are a Gibson upgrade if anything at all. I wouldn't change those fwds and leave Gibson as an M6. But no idea if they can even trade. I would back my unique mids over theirs, but anything could happen there. Would probably back Jpod and Beams over Chappy and Martin. So, my questions is this:
With 2 trades and $57,000 left, I was planning to get rid of Franklin. However, seeing as he is in both our teams, I'm now thinking I use my last two trades to go Hargrave (def) -> rookie and Martin -> Beams. The only other iffy player in my team is I have Giles as Ruck 2, but he is in 3/4 teams in the finals now and is performing at the moment. Good trade? Will wait for teams obviously but is that a good option?

Ringo

Quote from: GCSkiwi on August 20, 2012, 06:00:45 PM

The team I'm playing has identical defender and rucks to me so fwds/mids will decide it. Here's mine:

Bold players the same. I'll take a speculative punt and say the only trades that might happen in their team are a Gibson upgrade if anything at all. I wouldn't change those fwds and leave Gibson as an M6. But no idea if they can even trade. I would back my unique mids over theirs, but anything could happen there. Would probably back Jpod and Beams over Chappy and Martin. So, my questions is this:
With 2 trades and $57,000 left, I was planning to get rid of Franklin. However, seeing as he is in both our teams, I'm now thinking I use my last two trades to go Hargrave (def) -> rookie and Martin -> Beams. The only other iffy player in my team is I have Giles as Ruck 2, but he is in 3/4 teams in the finals now and is performing at the moment. Good trade? Will wait for teams obviously but is that a good option?
Like Martin to Beams if you can do it. If you can not then I would look at Martin to Stevie J as a POD. Martin has been a disappointment this year and if Treloar had have been named he would have been benched.  As you say wait for teams to be named before deciding.
Trust downgrading Hargrave does not weaken defence.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Ringo on August 20, 2012, 09:07:49 PM
Quote from: GCSkiwi on August 20, 2012, 06:00:45 PM

Like Martin to Beams if you can do it. If you can not then I would look at Martin to Stevie J as a POD. Martin has been a disappointment this year and if Treloar had have been named he would have been benched.  As you say wait for teams to be named before deciding.
Trust downgrading Hargrave does not weaken defence.

Thanks Ringo.

Nah Hargrave has been on the bench, def is Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Carrazzo, Waters, Heater, S.Shaw (Spurr, Hargrave) - happy with Shaw as a field player and Spurr as cover, can drop Hargrave and make 200k off him, would afford me Martin to Beams. See what happens but if my team are all playing then I think that will be the call.

FonFatty

Hi there guys,
Been contemplating for over a week now (went straight through to prelim) which 1 of these guys to trade out for Carrazzo this week. Martin or Zorko out, switch Baguley into midfield then pull the trigger on Carrots.
Have 2 trades with $30k in bank and am looking at only doing the 1 trade.

Team is;

Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, H Shaw, Burgoyne, S Shaw, Ellis (Baguley, Darley)

Ablett (c), Swan, Pendlebury, J Selwood, Watson, Priddis (Gibson, Zorko)

Cox, McEvoy (Big O, Campbell)

Franklin, Beams, Pavlich, Sidebottom, J Lewis, Martin, Fyfe (Sexton, Saad)

Am going to lose the fwd/mid multi position option by doing this, am going to gain the def/mid multi position option though.
I can keep both players and upgrade/downgrade with my last 2 trades but whats the point off having $500k players on the pine. Would rather keep my last trade if I make it through to next week.

Have I got any other options? Would appreciate your thoughts on my dilemma