Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slammer

Quote from: Ringo on August 01, 2012, 01:50:23 PM
If you do not mind 3 trades going into finals I would go Sexton to Couch (Couch will still give you the DPP and may get further games).  Then you should have the cash to upgrade darley plus $50k for finals upgrades.

Yeah cheers Ringo although I think I would rather save the trade and go in with 4 for finals.
Thinking maybe Ellis now s.shaw is named.

My options:

1. Ellis to Scotland
2. Eliis to Waters
or
3. Darley to Fisher or hurn

Leaning towards 1 but not sure
waters injury prone and not convinced on fisher yet
Have one non playing player on each bench now

Def. darley
Mid. Sexton
Fwd. Pfeiffer

Any thoughts?

Ringo

Quote from: Tony Stark on August 01, 2012, 02:50:08 PM
What do you guys think?

$45K in the bank with 5 trades left.

Def: Goddard, Deledio, H.Shaw, Lake, Scotland, Birchall, Morris, S.Shaw, Broughton
Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Dal Santo, Priddis, Martin, Baguley, D. Smith
Ruck: Natanui, McEvoy, Redden, Stephenson
Fwd: Franklin, Beams, Dangerfield, Goodes, Lewis, Zorko, Porplyzia, Smedts, A.Hall

I'll need to get rid of Broughton, so I'm not sure whether I should go a sideways to someone like Fisher, or trade Stephenson/Hall so I can upgrade Broughton to Carazzo, Waters.

If I win this week I'll be top 4 for the finals.

Thinking ahead, Hodge in as a POD next week for Smith? Thoughts?

Appreciate your help.
If you do not have to win to stay top 4 I would hold as both Stephenson and Hall named this week. If you have to win then your pick of the 2 to downgrade and Broughton to Waters/Carazzo/Suckling/Hurn

Ringo

Quote from: Slammer on August 02, 2012, 09:23:09 PM
If you do not mind 3 trades going into finals I would go Sexton to Couch (Couch will still give you the DPP and may get further games).  Then you should have the cash to upgrade darley plus $50k for finals upgrades.

Yeah cheers Ringo although I think I would rather save the trade and go in with 4 for finals.

My options:

1. Ellis to Scotland
2. Eliis to Waters
or

Def. darley
Mid. Sexton
Fwd. Pfeiffer

Any thoughts?
As Darley is not playing I would be tempted to upgrade Darley to Fisher/Hurn or Harbrow (could be a POD look at his form in last 4 games).  Ellis would be good bench cover as well. Will leave you 4 trades for finals with playing benches in Defence.

boneman

Where to UPGRADE?

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw.H, Carrazzo, Lake, Shaw.S, Spurr (Broughton, Townsend)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood.J, Priddis, Boyd, Montagna (Gibson, Ledger)
Ruck: Naitanui, Roughead (Campbell, Stephenson)
For: Riewoldt.N, Beams, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko, Hall (Franklin, Couch)

6 trades $131,400 (Top 2 in league and Top 4 secured if I lose this week)

Broughton â€" Scotland, Birchall, Waters or Enright (Broughton has to go but which premium?)
Spurr â€" Bell (use $$$ for next upgrade following week)

OR

Broughton - Bell
Hall â€" Pavlich (No Hall = Donut, but will my forwards be too stacked when Franklin returns...Zorko on the pine?) 

Any advice would be, it has been GOLD all year!  ;D

Ringo

Quote from: boneman on August 03, 2012, 05:34:21 PM
Where to UPGRADE?

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw.H, Carrazzo, Lake, Shaw.S, Spurr (Broughton, Townsend)
For: Riewoldt.N, Beams, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko, Hall (Franklin, Couch)

Broughton â€" Scotland, Birchall, Waters or Enright (Broughton has to go but which premium?)

OR

Broughton - Bell
Hall â€" Pavlich (No Hall = Donut, but will my forwards be too stacked when Franklin returns...Zorko on the pine?) 

Congratulations on Team and with 6 trades left.
A bit left field for you but may set you up for finals.  Broughton to a prem ruck you can afford and then Hall to Pattinson or Staley Both Campbell and Stephenson have been named so you can move Roughie forward to cover donut.  Next week look at further downgrade options and upgrade one of Stephenson or Campbell in rucks.

Leaves you another 2 trades for finals.  Just think that Spur has better JS than Bell or Townsend and will give you coverage if needed,

boneman

Quote from: Ringo on August 03, 2012, 06:35:46 PM
Where to UPGRADE?

Broughton – Scotland, Birchall, Waters or Enright (Broughton has to go but which premium?)
Spurr – Bell (use $$$ for next upgrade following week)

OR

Broughton - Bell
Hall – Pavlich (No Hall = Donut, but will my forwards be too stacked when Franklin returns...Zorko on the pine?) 

A bit left field for you but may set you up for finals.  Broughton to a prem ruck you can afford and then Hall to Pattinson or Staley Both Campbell and Stephenson have been named so you can move Roughie forward to cover donut.  Next week look at further downgrade options and upgrade one of Stephenson or Campbell in rucks.

Leaves you another 2 trades for finals.  Just think that Spur has better JS than Bell or Townsend and will give you coverage if needed,

How many trades are these moves going to take?

Am a little confused on "Broughton to a prem ruck"  ??? Do you mean Broughton to a prem BACK?

If I trade Hall - Pattison I can move Roughead forward but them I have  Naitanui, Stephenson, Campell and Pattison in my Ruck division.

Depending on how much Stephenson goes up I might not even have $400k to upgrade a Ruckman for the first week (if Franklin misses another I will have to keep Roughead forward). I might be then stuck with Campbell or Stephenson to be R2 for the 1st Final.

Is this a bit risky?

I agree with Spurr's JS but Bell looks like the only downgrade option (except for Wrigley) in the near future.

Ringo

Quote from: boneman on August 03, 2012, 07:55:04 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 03, 2012, 06:35:46 PM
Where to UPGRADE?

OR

Broughton - Bell

How many trades are these moves going to take?

Am a little confused on "Broughton to a prem ruck"  ??? Do you mean Broughton to a prem BACK?

If I trade Hall - Pattison I can move Roughead forward but them I have  Naitanui, Stephenson, Campell and Pattison in my Ruck division.

Depending on how much Stephenson goes up I might not even have $400k to upgrade a Ruckman for the first week (if Franklin misses another I will have to keep Roughead forward). I might be then stuck with Campbell or Stephenson to be R2 for the 1st Final.

Is this a bit risky?

I agree with Spurr's JS but Bell looks like the only downgrade option (except for Wrigley) in the near future.
My bad best back for Broughton. Was just a thought for you.  You could downgrade Townsend next week to allow ruck upgrade then 2 trades.

woofy

hello hello!

Looking at my first finals matchups I'm wondering if I need to make any trades. I don't have a second chance and got three trades left.

Suckling vs Scotland
Yarran vs Lake

Thompson vs Priddis

Bellchambers vs Mumford

Buddy/Treloar vs Pavlich
Porps/Cloke  vs Chappy

My teams on the right and the trade I'm thinking of doing is Lake>Waters

Cheers!

Marcos83

Need help bad cos dont know what to do.

6 trades left and 100 k and finished second.

Backs: Lidz, Goddard, Shaw, Carrots, Lake, Malceski, Ellis
Darley, Spurr

Midfield: Gaj, Pendles, Selwood, Boyd, JPK, Zorkho
Gibson, Miles'

Rucks: NNat, Mummy
Campbell, Hall

Forwards: Franklin, Pav, Danger, Chapman, Sidebottom, Goodes, Martin
Patton, Couch

I know my backs are horrible. I was thinking of ellis > rookie for cash and then lake to waters. Leaves me with spurr who is scoring alright and 250 k at the end. Im keeping the faith with malceski though.

Another thing I was pondering wasmartin > rookie which gives me heaps of cash and then ellis\lake to waters. Following week zorkho > beams and gibson > swan....

So many options not sure what to do. If gibson keeps scoring 90+ itsa a waste having him on the bench and he can do the same thing as martin....

Any suggestions highly appreciated.

Ringo

Quote from: woofy on August 06, 2012, 10:48:09 AM
hello hello!

Looking at my first finals matchups I'm wondering if I need to make any trades. I don't have a second chance and got three trades left.

Suckling vs Scotland
Yarran vs Lake

Thompson vs Priddis

Bellchambers vs Mumford

Buddy/Treloar vs Pavlich
Porps/Cloke  vs Chappy

My teams on the right and the trade I'm thinking of doing is Lake>Waters

Cheers!
Think you have it all covered. Wait till teams named and then trade if necessary.  Lake to Waters would be ok to make sure but will leave 2 trades.

Slammer

My options:

1. Ellis to Scotland
2. Eliis to Waters
or

Def. darley
Mid. Sexton
Fwd. Pfeiffer

Any thoughts?

Hey Ringo,

Took a risk and went Ellis to Scotland which I guess paid off but with Suckling and Lake having shockers it kind
of evened out.

4 trades now @ $73900K

Another big decision this week. Could burn two trades and trade Pfieffer or Darley for rookie and upgrade Lake to Waters.
Or just hold given that I have double chance and scored 2600+ for last two weeks.

B: Lids, Godd, Shaw, Carrazzo, Suckling, Lake, Scotland (Darley, S.Shaw)
M:Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Thompson, Dal Santo, Priddis (Baguley, Sexton)
R: Maric, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
F:BUDDY, Martin, Beams, Harvey, Sidey, Danger, Zorko (Treloar, Pfieffer)

Thanks for you suggestions. You have done well.
Leaning towards holding this week and keeping 4 trades. Have a rough chance to get over the line this week if I can keep scoring like I have been but it will be tough as you can see below.

Match ups are as follows:

Him   vs    Me

Birchall  vs Suckling
Waters vs Lake
Watson vs Boyd
Selwood vs Dal Santo
Swan (? ) vs Thompson
Kreuzer vs Maric
Steve J vs Beams
J.Lewis vs Harvey
Fyfe vs Buddy

Any further suggestions would be appreciated as always.
If successful then the trades would be handy in the next two weeks I guess if I hold this week.

Ringo

Quote from: Slammer on August 08, 2012, 10:28:21 AM

My options:

1. Ellis to Scotland
2. Eliis to Waters
or

Def. darley
Mid. Sexton
Fwd. Pfeiffer

Any thoughts?

Hey Ringo,

Took a risk and went Ellis to Scotland which I guess paid off but with Suckling and Lake having shockers it kind
of evened out.

4 trades now @ $73900K

Another big decision this week. Could burn two trades and trade Pfieffer or Darley for rookie and upgrade Lake to Waters.
Or just hold given that I have double chance and scored 2600+ for last two weeks.

Leaning towards holding this week and keeping 4 trades. Have a rough chance to get over the line this week if I can keep scoring like I have been but it will be tough as you can see below.

Him   vs    Me

Birchall  vs Suckling
Waters vs Lake
Watson vs Boyd
Selwood vs Dal Santo
Swan (? ) vs Thompson
Kreuzer vs Maric
Steve J vs Beams
J.Lewis vs Harvey
Fyfe vs Buddy

If successful then the trades would be handy in the next two weeks I guess if I hold this week.
Looking at the match ups will be tight but as you have the second chance I would hold trades, However if Darley is not named this week i would be tempted to downgrade him to Wrigley increasing your cash to $225k with 3 trades for finals.
Next week look again at opponents team and strengthen where needed

FonFatty

Hi guys,
Would appreciate an opinion from you guys on my thoughts for this week.
Have 3 trades with $55k in the bank
Team is;

Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, H Shaw, Burgoyne, S Shaw, Baguley (Ellis, Darley)

Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, J Selwood, Watson, Priddis (Gibson, Sexton)

Cox, McEvoy (Big O, Campbell)

Franklin, Beams, Pavlich, Sidebottom, J Lewis, Martin, Zorko (Porplyzia, Saad)

Have a double chance in both my main leagues but with the trades I have in mind they will get me over the line I think.
I want to do Swan > Carrazzo and Porplyzia > Dangerfield.
I can swing Dangerfield into the midfield and I can swap Baguley with Carrazzo in my defence.

Team will look like this with 1 trade remaining;

Deledio, Scotland, Goddard, H Shaw, Burgoyne, S Shaw, Carrazzo (Ellis, Darley)

Ablett, Dangerfield, Pendlebury, J Selwood, Watson, Priddis (Gibson, Baguley)

Cox, McEvoy (Big O, Campbell)

Franklin, Beams, Pavlich, Sidebottom, J Lewis, Martin, Zorko (Sexton, Saad)

Reason I want to get rid of Swan is when he comes back in to the side they have a tough road trip to Perth and cant see him scoring massive against them up there, although against the bombers he might go big in the GF, but is it worth holding onto him for that one game? With Porplyzia he has maxed out plus this shoulder injury is concerning.
Am I doing the right thing?

Slammer

Quote from: Ringo on August 08, 2012, 06:21:52 PM

My options:

1. Ellis to Scotland
2. Eliis to Waters
or

Def. darley
Mid. Sexton
Fwd. Pfeiffer

Any thoughts?

Hey Ringo,

of evened out.

4 trades now @ $73900K

Him   vs    Me

Birchall  vs Suckling
Waters vs Lake
Watson vs Boyd
Selwood vs Dal Santo
Swan (? ) vs Thompson
Kreuzer vs Maric
Steve J vs Beams
J.Lewis vs Harvey
Fyfe vs Buddy

Looking at the match ups will be tight but as you have the second chance I would hold trades, However if Darley is not named this week i would be tempted to downgrade him to Wrigley increasing your cash to $225k with 3 trades for finals.

Cheers Ringo.

Now Buddy is out I am thinking the Buddy to Pav trade this week.
Or Buddy to Fyfe
What do you reckon?

Ringo

Quote from: Slammer on August 09, 2012, 10:00:58 PM
Quote from: Ringo on August 08, 2012, 06:21:52 PM

My options:

1. Ellis to Scotland
2. Eliis to Waters
or

Def. darley
Mid. Sexton
Fwd. Pfeiffer

Any thoughts?

Hey Ringo,

of evened out.

4 trades now @ $73900K

Him   vs    Me

Birchall  vs Suckling
Waters vs Lake
Watson vs Boyd
Selwood vs Dal Santo
Swan (? ) vs Thompson
Kreuzer vs Maric
Steve J vs Beams
J.Lewis vs Harvey
Fyfe vs Buddy

Cheers Ringo.

Now Buddy is out I am thinking the Buddy to Pav trade this week.
Or Buddy to Fyfe
What do you reckon?
I am facing the same decision and keep changing my mind between Fyfe and Pav.  Trying to convince myself that Pav will keep scoring goals which has been the back bone of his scores lately. Fyfe has looked good in his comeback.  Toss of the coin but at this point in time leaning slightly to time but may change again before lock out.