Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wooda02

Hey guys looking for a little guidance here:

Ranked top two in both leagues and have top 4 sewn up. (Overall 10k or so and going for league anyway)
4 Trades and $213,000 left in the bank.

Backs:  Goddard, Scotland, H Shaw, Lids, Lake, Yarran, Malceski (Ellis, Darley)
Mids: Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Priddis, Kennedy, Stanton (Gibson, C Smith)
Rucks: Cox, NicNat (Stephenson, Cambell)
Fwds: Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Franklin, Chapman, Goodes, Zorko, Martin (Hall, Sexton)

Three main issues I can see with my team come finals: (in order?)

1) Stanton - Essendon tough finals run (Stanton front runner) and his price plummeting.
2) Fwd cover with Sexton gone and Hall JS.
3) Malceski consistency - could use Ellis as a replacement but would be sacrificing points in finals.

Is four trades enough for a luxury trade now? At the moment I can afford Stanton -> Swan (or watson / boyd) but if I wait then I will likely have to double trade for Swan (or choose somebody worse). Also there are multiple legit downgrade targets this week (eg couch to fix my Fwd cover) whereas if I wait I could be without a decent option (needed?) Malceski price going up so I can wait for a luxury trade on him...

Ringo

I would do the Stanton trade now for maximum benefit.  Really stinking it up. Would save one of your trades as well.

Would be tempted to go Smith to Couch this week if Couch named so as you gain the mid forward DPP for added flexibility in finals. You can then interchange Couch with Sexton to gain forward coverage.

This will leave 2 trades and cash for finals which is ok given you will have a dpp as well.

Would not worry about your defence as either of Eski, Ellis or darely will be sound there,

Nyn

2 trades and $500k in the bank enough for the last few rounds? struggle street

Jay

Quote from: Nyn on July 24, 2012, 10:32:30 PM
2 trades and $500k in the bank enough for the last few rounds? struggle street
yeah u should be fine. Obviously dont need another downgrade. Your in a good position because when ever you need to use one of those trades, you will be able to afford the best

Nyn

Yeah that's what I thought.. no more downgrades.. decent cover on my bench with shaw, Gibson and cloke..

GCSkiwi

Simple one coaches: who of Ryan Hargrave or Lee Spurr as my D7 on the field? The other will be emergency, both on extended bench. I'm leaning to Spurr, I'm pretty confident Hargrave will play, but figure Spurr has a good chance of outscoring him if he plays a full game - if I name Spurr and he doesn't play at all then I'll get Hagraves points. Only screwed if Spurr is the sub, which I don't think would happen to Hargrave - if he plays he wont be sub...
Thoughts?
Thanks!

The Bomber

Quote from: GCSkiwi on July 26, 2012, 07:54:30 PM
Simple one coaches: who of Ryan Hargrave or Lee Spurr as my D7 on the field? The other will be emergency, both on extended bench. I'm leaning to Spurr, I'm pretty confident Hargrave will play, but figure Spurr has a good chance of outscoring him if he plays a full game - if I name Spurr and he doesn't play at all then I'll get Hagraves points. Only screwed if Spurr is the sub, which I don't think would happen to Hargrave - if he plays he wont be sub...
Thoughts?
Thanks!

To make this easy I don't think Spurr will make the final cut. Big IN's for Freo this week: Dawson (supposedly big  ::)), Fyfe and Mayne.

Of the extended bench for Freo IMO Spurr, Sutcliffe and Neale/Suban will be cut...

Therefore Hargrave...

Slammer

Quote from: Ringo on July 23, 2012, 09:46:45 PM
Well done on rank and trades left.

Wait for teams to be announced and if Horsley or Baguley named then do the downgrade for cash. I would then sit and wait for options if well placed. Darley has a low B/e so will probably rise further. Bringing Baguley in will give you flexibility as both your mid benches Sexton and Baguley will have a DPP with Back and Forward.

Would be great to go into finals with 5 trades and $250k cash.

So Ringo..What do you reckon?

Horsley to Baguley for cash>

Hoping pfieffer plays to avoid a donut now Sidey is out. But doesn't really matter.
Should win league game anyway. Playing a dud.

Cheers Slammer

dru012

Hey coaches.

I have a bit of a situation on my hands and I'm looking for a bit of guidance...

I have 1 trade left and $36k left in the kitty.
I wasn't going to burn my last trade now but this is a MUST WIN game for me as I'm currently sitting
5th and face a tough opponent next week.

with my current forwardline I am facing potentially 2.5 - 3 donuts this week:
Fwds: Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Franklin, Chapman, Hurley, Zorko, Treloar (Dell'olio, Walsh)

I am currently thinking either Franklin -> Beams or Sidebottom -> Goodes. Thoughts?

tor01doc

Ask yourself, "Is this a must win?"

Could you afford lose and win next week?

If so, and remember in SC you can win from 8th, then hold.

If you have to trade, then Beams all the way.

Ringo

Quote from: Slammer on July 26, 2012, 10:23:35 PM
Quote from: Ringo on July 23, 2012, 09:46:45 PM
Well done on rank and trades left.

Wait for teams to be announced and if Horsley or Baguley named then do the downgrade for cash. I would then sit and wait for options if well placed. Darley has a low B/e so will probably rise further. Bringing Baguley in will give you flexibility as both your mid benches Sexton and Baguley will have a DPP with Back and Forward.

Would be great to go into finals with 5 trades and $250k cash.

So Ringo..What do you reckon?

Horsley to Baguley for cash>

Hoping pfieffer plays to avoid a donut now Sidey is out. But doesn't really matter.
Should win league game anyway. Playing a dud.

Cheers Slammer
If happy and suits your plans would do it.

Slammer

Would help with Def/Mid option and give us a little cash.
My concern as mentioned is the dreaded GS.
Maric is a worry. Reckon if Richmond don't make finals (which I doubt they will) they will
send Maric off for surgery.

Ringo

Quote from: Slammer on July 27, 2012, 09:22:15 AM
Would help with Def/Mid option and give us a little cash.
My concern as mentioned is the dreaded GS.
Maric is a worry. Reckon if Richmond don't make finals (which I doubt they will) they will
send Maric off for surgery.
Maric to whoever will use 1 of the 5 remaining trades Still leaving 4 for GS during finals. But your decision $ trades for finals may be more than most of your opponents will have.  Most people gong by an earlier poll only have 2/3.

boneman

My trigger finger is itchy but I don't want to panic trade for no reason.

2 games clear in 2nd, 6 trades and $131,400.

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw.H, Carrazzo, Lake, Broughton, Shaw.S (Townsend, Spurr)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood.J, Boyd, Priddis, Montagna (Gibson, Ledger)
Ruck: Naitanui, Roughead (Campbell, Stephenson )
For: Riewoldt.N, Beams, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko, Sidebottom, Franklin (Hall, Couch)

I have come up with this but is there anything obvious I have missed?

1. BROUGHTON â€" BIRCHALL, SCOTLAND or WATERS (Keep Shaw.S at D7 and look for a downgrade/upgrade with Spurr in the coming weeks to finish the backline)

2. BAGULEY â€" BROUGHTON upgrade HALL â€" CHAPMAN, LEWIS or GOODES

3. COP THE LOSS look at downgrade/upgrade options next week? Goodes will be at a nice price, possible downgrades Bell, Docherty, Frost...

Cheers guys you have been a great help all season.

Ringo

As I see your team you need just one maybe 2 upgrades in defence. You do not need to trade at the moment and with 6 trades you are in a healthy position

Hall and Couch maybe will not get games.  Unfortunately you do not have a link to mids.  Maybe look at upgrading Ledger via Couch or Hall when you feel right about it.  This will give you the added flexibility of using Zorko as F8 or M7 for finals to cover GS.

Probably need to do 2 downgrades to obtain cash not necessary this week though. If Wrigley continued to be named for Brisbane downgrade one of defenders close to ceiling to him. Rookie priced at $95k so fair amount of cash to be generated.

Withe your existing cash you may have enough to upgrade Ledger and defence without another downgrade leaving you a finalised team and 3 trades for finals to cover.