Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boneman

Having a little trouble working out what to do in the short/long term.

Def: Deledio, Shaw.H, Carrazzo, Broughton, Lake, Shaw.S, Townsend (Spurr, Goddard)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Boyd, Priddis, Montagna (Gibson, Ledger)
Ruck: Naitanui, Giles (Campbell, Stephenson)
For: Riewoldt.N, Sidebottom, Beams, Dangerfield, Zorko, Adams, Hall (Martin, Franklin)

$61,700 8 Trades

*Obvious concerns in Defense. Do I cop the donut this week or look at trading?

1. I could do TOWNSEND - McInnes to cover? 

2. Is it a little premature/risky to do ADAMS or HALL - McIntyre/Couch. Depending on which downgrade I could upgrade either:

TOWNSEND - Scotland, Birchall or Enright

GILES - Roughead, Goldstein or Jacobs

The only concerns I have are that Adams/Hall have more money to make plus McIntyre/Couch may offer little JS in the long run. I am sitting top 2 in my league is it worth the trade?

Final question. I was thinking of keeping Giles as a 3rd Ruck backup...is this worthwhile? Having trouble finding the funds to upgrade Stephenson too!

Thanks for the help... :-\

Cruiseon

The important stat is that you are second in the league so no drastic action is required. With Goddard back next week that leaves you with probably one upgrade left to complete leaving Lake as D7 which is a good result.

Personally I would consider with 8 trades left the Franklin to Goodes trade. Many will disagree but it means for the next two weeks you'll then have Zorko or Martin of F7 which is not bad and free up a fair bit of cash. With 8 trades you can leave open the option of getting him back in due course.

As for Giles I'd leave as 3rd ruck although he is on an extended bench this weekend which is cause for concern.

Good luck.

Babylove

I have a couple of dilemma's this week.  My team is:

Backs: Deledio, Scotland, Birchall, H. Shaw, Suckling, Waters (inj), Goddard (susp) (S. Shaw, Darley)

Mids: Ablett (c), Pendlebury (vc), Thompson, Mitchell, S. Selwood, D. Thomas (M. Williams, Crozier)

Rucks: Cox, Giles (extended bench) (Campbell, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin (inj), Sidebottom, Beams, Dangerfield, Chapman, Walker (susp), Martin (susp) (Zorko, Elliott)
Cash: $600
Trades left: 3
Position in Leagues 2nd-5th (in 4 leagues)

So for starters at the moment I have one donut for my forward line due to Walker & Martin being suspended and Franklin being injured, and only being able to cover two of them.  Both Williams and Crozier are gone for the season.  My thought was to maybe trade one of Williams or Crozier (probably Williams as he is worth more and is a single position player) to one of Couch or McIntyer who are DPP and I could then switch them for Martin to prevent a donut.  Not sure which one to go with though.

My second dilemma is in my backline.  Waters is gone for 4 weeks aparently meaning he won't be back until about round 20.  I do have cover, even with Goddard out suspended for another weekwith Darley and Shaw but with Waters gone for so long should I hold him on my bench or should I look at trading him.  If so I was thinking either Hurn or Carazzo.

My third dilemma is Giles.  He's on the extended bench and I have no cover for him if he doesn't play.  If he does his form has fallen away in the last few weeks.  In order to trade him I would have to trade Williams to one of McIntyre or Couch and so I think I would be able to afford about a $450-500k ruckman (roughly)

The question is what should I do?  I only have three trades left, but I do have one or two (or 3) weaknesses in my team.  Should I trade or hold fire?  If I trade which trades do I make?

Cruiseon

A mere three trades makes them so precious!

You need to convince yourself you require at least 1 probably 2 trades as you head into the finals leaving only 1 left until then! That must be used for something essential.
Rucks - hopefully Giles plays this week and you stick with him to the end. That avoids an emergency there

Forwards - Your forward line will be ok next week with Martin & Walker back and Zorko to cover for Franklin for now. I think you should have a week of pain and leave it as it is.

Backs - The Waters issue is probably the most relevant. 4-5 weeks is a long time. You don't necessarily need to do anything this week (no backline donuts) but one option would to bring in a rookie, save the cash and next week play with Shaw as D7. You have Darley as cover.

Then if you have a ruck or forward emergency (and odds are we all will) you have enough money for an updgrade closer to the finals.

Good luck

Grazz

Quote from: Babylove on July 13, 2012, 01:56:27 PM
I have a couple of dilemma's this week.  My team is:

Backs: Deledio, Scotland, Birchall, H. Shaw, Suckling, Waters (inj), Goddard (susp) (S. Shaw, Darley)

Mids: Ablett (c), Pendlebury (vc), Thompson, Mitchell, S. Selwood, D. Thomas (M. Williams, Crozier)

Rucks: Cox, Giles (extended bench) (Campbell, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin (inj), Sidebottom, Beams, Dangerfield, Chapman, Walker (susp), Martin (susp) (Zorko, Elliott)
Cash: $600
Trades left: 3
Position in Leagues 2nd-5th (in 4 leagues)

So for starters at the moment I have one donut for my forward line due to Walker & Martin being suspended and Franklin being injured, and only being able to cover two of them.  Both Williams and Crozier are gone for the season.  My thought was to maybe trade one of Williams or Crozier (probably Williams as he is worth more and is a single position player) to one of Couch or McIntyer who are DPP and I could then switch them for Martin to prevent a donut.  Not sure which one to go with though.

My second dilemma is in my backline.  Waters is gone for 4 weeks aparently meaning he won't be back until about round 20.  I do have cover, even with Goddard out suspended for another weekwith Darley and Shaw but with Waters gone for so long should I hold him on my bench or should I look at trading him.  If so I was thinking either Hurn or Carazzo.

My third dilemma is Giles.  He's on the extended bench and I have no cover for him if he doesn't play.  If he does his form has fallen away in the last few weeks.  In order to trade him I would have to trade Williams to one of McIntyre or Couch and so I think I would be able to afford about a $450-500k ruckman (roughly)

The question is what should I do?  I only have three trades left, but I do have one or two (or 3) weaknesses in my team.  Should I trade or hold fire?  If I trade which trades do I make?

I'd wear this week mate, with your bank account there isnt alot to be gained this week. It will be tough to swallow i admit.

Tony Stark

Right, I need some advice.

I have 6 trades left and $200K in the bank.

Here’s me team:

Def: Goddard, H.Shaw, Scotland, Lake, Birchall, Broughton, S.Shaw, Morris, Baguley
Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Dal Santo, Deledio, Priddis, Smith, Martin
Ruck: Natanui, Giles, Redden, Stephenson
Fwd: Franklin, Beams, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Goodes, Lewis, Zorko, Smedts, A.Hall

Do I bring a ruckman in for Giles (thinking McEvoy), or get rid of Smedts or Hall and bring in a midfielder? I can afford Marc Murphy, but could downgrade a ruckman to get cash for a more expensive mid.

Or, I can just do nothing and save the trades.

I’d appreciate any advice.

The Bomber

Quote from: Tony Stark on July 16, 2012, 02:04:53 PM

Here’s me team:

Def: Goddard, H.Shaw, Scotland, Lake, Birchall, Broughton, S.Shaw, Morris, Baguley
Fwd: Franklin, Beams, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Goodes, Lewis, Zorko, Smedts, A.Hall

Do I bring a ruckman in for Giles (thinking McEvoy), or get rid of Smedts or Hall and bring in a midfielder? I can afford Marc Murphy, but could downgrade a ruckman to get cash for a more expensive mid.

Giles --> McEvoy gives you the most points gained IMO. Most important upgrade left. Week after maybe downgrade Redden and upgrade Morris or S. Shaw (the other remains as cover) to a premium midfielder.

krusty

i have 4 trades left and 192 400 in the bank my team is
def: goddard,lids,carrazzo,birchall,lake duffield,waters emg smedts,darley
mids: ablett,swan,pendles,mitchell,priddis,thompson s emg gibson, williams m
ruck: cox,giles emg redden, big o
fwd: franklin,pav,sidebottom,dangerfield,robinson,riewoldt,zorko emg: adams t,McIntyre t

1) trade giles > maric & waters> scotland
2) trade duffield>shaw, waters>scotland
3) any or posiblities that you guys can see that i need to fix
thanks for any advice

upthemaidens

Quote from: krusty on July 16, 2012, 09:50:39 PM
i have 4 trades left and 192 400 in the bank my team is
def: goddard,lids,carrazzo,birchall,lake duffield,waters emg smedts,darley
mids: ablett,swan,pendles,mitchell,priddis,thompson s emg gibson, williams m
ruck: cox,giles emg redden, big o
fwd: franklin,pav,sidebottom,dangerfield,robinson,riewoldt,zorko emg: adams t,McIntyre t

1) trade giles > maric & waters> scotland
2) trade duffield>shaw, waters>scotland
3) any or posiblities that you guys can see that i need to fix
thanks for any advice
think giles needs upgrading.   your situation would determine whether you should trade waters or not.. if you are going for league and are comfortably in the top 8(preferably top 4)  then keep waters,, if you are stuggling to make finals or just want the highest rank then do the waters-->scotland trade

Grazz

Quote from: Tony Stark on July 16, 2012, 02:04:53 PM

Here’s me team:

I think Giles has to go this week. Wont argue the toss on ruckmen so if you want McEvoy thats ok.
Then look towards getting another mid prem and putting Deledio in the backs moving Baguley to the mids. 
If i was you id be keeping Redden as cover from here on in if your going to sell a ruckmen id make it
Stephenson. Keep your bench as solid as you can because you will need it in the later rounds, our finals.

boneman

TRADE BROUGHTON & GRAB BIRCHALL NOW???

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw.H, Carrazzo, Lake, Spurr, Townsend (Broughton, Shaw.S)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Boyd, Priddis, Montagna (Gibson, Ledger)
Ruck: Naitanui, Roughead (Campbell, Stephenson)
For: Riewoldt.N, Sidebottom, Beams, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko, Couch (Franklin, Hall)

6 Trades $131,400

I will have $501,100 availabe for Birchall, Enright or Scotland (I like Birchall out of this lot).

If I hold this week and Birchall's value increases over this amount, I will need a downgrade to bring him in.

Worth it or not?

Ringo

With 6 trades left I would have no hesitation doing the trade now.  As you say price can only keep going up lsat 3 game average 109. You still need another defence upgrade as well in due course imo although if Spurr maintains form may be good enough for D7.

Slammer

Hey guys,

Sitting pretty in top four in my league with easy game this week.
6 trades $28K so pretty happy.

My question is when do I trade? I don't need to trade just yet but should I.
Ranked 3972 overall so going for my best finish ever.
Obviously still need defensive and Ruck upgrades.

I am thinking either :

1. Horsley to Baguley for cash and waiting.
2. Horsley to Baguley and Darley to Scotland
or
3. Horsley to Baguley then wait and get Waters next week

Only worry as like last year is the possible general soreness and resting of players like last year in finals.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Not convinced on getting another ruck in until in finals due to injuries and possible lack of bench cover if one goes down now.

B: Goddard, Shaw, Lids, Carazzo, Suckling, Lake, Ellis (S.Shaw, Darley)
M: Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Thompson, Dal Santo, Priddis (Sexton, Horsley)
R: Maric, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
F: FRANKLIN, Harvey, Sidebottom, Beams, Martin, Dangerfield, Zorko (Pieffer, Treloar)

Ringo

Well done on rank and trades left.

Wait for teams to be announced and if Horsley or Baguley named then do the downgrade for cash. I would then sit and wait for options if well placed. Darley has a low B/e so will probably rise further. Bringing Baguley in will give you flexibility as both your mid benches Sexton and Baguley will have a DPP with Back and Forward.

Would be great to go into finals with 5 trades and $250k cash.

Slammer

Thanks Ringo.

Yeah it's tough. Horsley will probably get named and have a blinder.
Just after I trade him for Baguley