Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FonFatty

Quote from: The Bomber on July 09, 2012, 01:06:51 PM
Quote from: FonFatty on July 09, 2012, 12:59:25 PM
Hey guys, I am in a bit of a pickle this week and for the remainder of the season.
I have 5 trades left & $44k in the bank and have finalised every line except 1 in defence and a ruck.

My team as it is right now;

Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, H Shaw, Burgoyne, Broughton, S Shaw (Ellis, Darley)

Swan, GAJ, Jelwood, Watson, Pendlebury, Priddis (Sexton, Gibson)

Cox, Campbell (Redden, Big O)

Franklin, Beams, Sidebottom, Pavlich, Martin, J Lewis, Zorko (Porplyzia, Saad)

This week I had my hopes set on Saad/Redden ---> Murdoch or McIntyre/prem ruck. The problem is I only have $464,400 (Murdoch) or $476,300 (McIntyre) to spend on a ruck and there is no one really available. With the McIntyre trade I can pick up Griffin though which is what I am sorting of looking at right now. This will leave me with 3 trades for finals with Sam Shaw as my D7.

I also have another option which will leave me 1 trade and that is Saad/Ellis ----> Murdoch/Carrazzo this week and next week Porplyzia/Redden ----> McIntyre/I Maric... I do like this option for completing my final team but the 1 trade really worries me.

What would you guys do if you were in my position? I am in a really good position in my leagues as well, certainty for top 4 in two of my main leagues.

Firstly your first thought is better. Agreed 1 trade is very low. Also one of Ellis/Shaw/Darley will play every week whereas neither Campbell/Stephenson/Redden may get named in one given week. You will be left with a donut. And honestly as a rookie a consistent 60-70 isn't too bad as a D7. your not losing too many points...

Mumford is under your price bracket. Another option rather than Griffin. Hopefully will get back to full form...
Yeah I had Mummy in my initial squad, I am part of the Mummy --> Sandi --> Cox group. He is one bloke I am scared to pick up and they have a pretty tough run home the swans.
Griffin looks the sort, watched the game yesterday, I can see him and Sandi working well together upon his return, and without Sandi I can see him raising the bat every week.

woofy

Hey guys, in a tough league where it is possible for the 11th position team to end up in 2nd position come finals. I'm currently in 9th position and playing the top of the table team.

Team match up looks good on my side but my fingers are getting itchy and wondering if i should pull the trigger on Giles. Only want to use one trade but can only see Mumford or Griffen as viable options.

Should i hold on the trade or go for it? Am i panicking because i'm not in the top 8?

7 trades left with Giles and Broughton (unless he has another role change) as my weakest players.

Ringo

Quote from: woofy on July 09, 2012, 07:44:01 PM
Hey guys, in a tough league where it is possible for the 11th position team to end up in 2nd position come finals. I'm currently in 9th position and playing the top of the table team.

Team match up looks good on my side but my fingers are getting itchy and wondering if i should pull the trigger on Giles. Only want to use one trade but can only see Mumford or Griffen as viable options.

Should i hold on the trade or go for it? Am i panicking because i'm not in the top 8?

7 trades left with Giles and Broughton (unless he has another role change) as my weakest players.
No use having 7 trades and not making finals.  If you are not confident of making the eight after a loss this week, then you would need to trade, Have you much cash for upgrades or do you need to downgrade, If you still have Reddan or Steph in rucks and need cash I would downgrade one to Derrickx who will probably play out the season with tigers, Should net in excess of $100k for you.

woofy

Quote from: Ringo on July 09, 2012, 07:51:17 PM

No use having 7 trades and not making finals.  If you are not confident of making the eight after a loss this week, then you would need to trade, Have you much cash for upgrades or do you need to downgrade, If you still have Reddan or Steph in rucks and need cash I would downgrade one to Derrickx who will probably play out the season with tigers, Should net in excess of $100k for you.

Yeah that would be a nightmare not making the 8 holding all these trades. I'm confident in winning my last 3 matches before finals. Will be playing 14th,17th and 18th team. I have $90k in the bank atm. I have thought about downgrading Redden which would allow me to upgrade Giles to any ruck excluding Cox. My gut is telling me to hold the trade but if Giles is rested his definately gone which will then lead me to the next question of using a double trade to upgrade Giles or a single?

thanks for your help again

Ringo

Quote from: woofy on July 09, 2012, 08:08:15 PM

Yeah that would be a nightmare not making the 8 holding all these trades. I'm confident in winning my last 3 matches before finals. Will be playing 14th,17th and 18th team. I have $90k in the bank atm. I have thought about downgrading Redden which would allow me to upgrade Giles to any ruck excluding Cox. My gut is telling me to hold the trade but if Giles is rested his definately gone which will then lead me to the next question of using a double trade to upgrade Giles or a single?

Who is your other ruck. You will need a strong ruck so double trade may be necessary to get Jacobs, Ryder, Maric or McEvoy. A single trade will net Minson or Hudson who are not the worst though if you only want a single trade.

woofy

Quote from: Ringo on July 09, 2012, 08:51:55 PM
Quote from: woofy on July 09, 2012, 08:08:15 PM

Who is your other ruck. You will need a strong ruck so double trade may be necessary to get Jacobs, Ryder, Maric or McEvoy. A single trade will net Minson or Hudson who are not the worst though if you only want a single trade.

My other ruck is Nic Nac. Hrmz... doing a double trade for one of the guys u've mentioned will definately make my team stronger although all year i've been planning to go into finals with 6 trades. Guess i'll wait for teams and decide then. :)

Nyn

Quote from: Ringo on July 09, 2012, 08:36:55 AM

If you are well placed in Leagues and can see yourself maintaining position I would just sit and wait for finals.  You did not mention how many trades you had but if you have more than 4 Consider upgrades if cash available. However if you need to win to make finals then you need to think about your trades now.  No use having 4 trades left and not making finals.

Thanks for the advice ringo.

I have 5 trades left. The trade i was doing this week is Goodes in Treloar out. Making it 4 trades after this week... but i may need to the everything over the the horror week we will all suffer this week.

Im 2nd in both my cash Leagues (equal 4th and 5th respectivly) but my percentage is good and am 2 and 3 games clear in the 8. Both leagues are GF wins the cash but one had a runner up prize of most points which im in front slightly

Any extra advice would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

GCSkiwi

Quick defence question. 2 trades, 57k in bank. Sitting 5th on ladder and almost definitely in top 8, next 4 games I should have at least 2 wins, the other 2 I might now lose due to copping a donut or 2. I have a tought game this week, easy to follow, then tough, then easy. Wish it were the other way around!

I currently have Hargrave and Waters on my field, with Goddard and Spurr on the bench. Team is pretty much set apart from damn injuries but should have bench cover in other areas.

The line: Deledio, Scotland, Heater, Carrazzo, Waters, Hargrave, S.Shaw (Goddard, Spurr)

Question, and I know it will be a common one, is waters worth holding? I can likely make finals without him playing, but if he's not back until round 21 then that's already in finals time, and what's the chance he will be at 100%? Seems that I might only be holding him for possibly 1-2 games right at the end. If Hargrave is not named this week, surely one of them has to go? Or, should I just sit on it, possibly cop a couple of losses in the last few rounds but still make finals, in case something else happens - God will be back next week. Basically this week I will probably lose if I don't trade, opponent has no goddard, hargrave or waters to hinder him.

I think my answer is to hold, just wondering if it's really worth it for only 1 or 2 games. If I'm likely to make the trade anyway, should I make it now to try and get myself a better run of finals? If I win 3-4 of the remaining 4 I'll almost definitely go through in number 2 spot...

charliesheen

Trade Waters, but cop the Hargrave donuts.  May even mean you have a chance of top 4 if you do it.

GCSkiwi

Thanks CS. I think what I will do is wait and see, hopefully Hargrave is named. If he is I'll just cop a donut and save a trade, last thing I want is to make a trade and then have a season ender injury to someone. If he Hargrave is still out, I'll trade Waters - given my existing backs, is there anyone other than Birchall to think about? Already have Lids, God, Carrazzo, Scotland and Heater, most people seem to not have one of them and are trading to the one they don't have...

blue

just need some advice on my rucks. I have 6 trades and $169k in the bank. i need to get rid of giles. leaning more towards Jacobs or McEvoy. got jenkins and cordy on the bench and kreuzer. tossing up between jacobs and McEvoy or is mumford woth the risk? or do i do a double trade and get cox or ivan

The Bomber

Quote from: blue on July 12, 2012, 07:42:00 PM
just need some advice on my rucks. I have 6 trades and $169k in the bank. i need to get rid of giles. leaning more towards Jacobs or McEvoy. got jenkins and cordy on the bench and kreuzer. tossing up between jacobs and McEvoy or is mumford woth the risk? or do i do a double trade and get cox or ivan

I don't think, especially after another horrendous round of injuries and suspensions that 4 trades will be enough to cover long term injuries. Or 4 is lowest amount. Giles to someone is classed as a luxury IMO, but one many people will be doing (myself included).
Jacobs has been reliable all season, but will Adelaide rest players is my only concern. I got McEvoy after his injury and he is doing very well. Seriously consider him (and my pick personally).

blue

Quote from: The Bomber on July 12, 2012, 08:03:25 PM
Quote from: blue on July 12, 2012, 07:42:00 PM

I don't think, especially after another horrendous round of injuries and suspensions that 4 trades will be enough to cover long term injuries. Or 4 is lowest amount. Giles to someone is classed as a luxury IMO, but one many people will be doing (myself included).
Jacobs has been reliable all season, but will Adelaide rest players is my only concern. I got McEvoy after his injury and he is doing very well. Seriously consider him (and my pick personally).

thanks bomber, I think i have come to the same conclusion, jacobs will be rested. McEvoy can put up some big numbers and is a good POD

nickstiges

2 trades + 130k with a nearly complete team (only Giles R2 to upgrade).

Unsure whether or not to hold Waters, currently have Darley/Shaw as cover for him & Goddard this round.

Should I trade Giles > Jacobs or Waters > Birchall or hold my 2 trades?

Ringo

Dependent on where you are placed in Leagues.  If you can stay in top 8 hold but if you need to win then you may have to trade.