Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Locinator

6 Trades this is my situation. Red means not named. Current team follows

Backs: Deledio, Goddard, Waters, Shaw, Broughton, M.Johnson, Lake  (Darley, Spur)
Midfielders: Ablett, J.Selwood, Rockliff, Priddis, Dal Santo, McDonald (Gibson, Pendles)
Rucks: Naitanui, Goldstein (Stephenson, Redden)
Forwards: Franklin, Sidebottom, Beams, Dangerfield, Rioli, Martin, Zorko (Adams, Crozier)

A couple of questions.

1. Who should I go captian with? I'm looking at Beams I reckon he is the best option but would love opinions

2. Which Trade option
a) Martin to Robinson/Bennell/Stevie J and Lake to Carazzo
b) Martin to Goodes/Harvey/Lewis and Lake to Birchall/Hanley
c) Martin to Robinson/Bennell/Stevie J and Darley to Yarran
d) Martin to Lewis/Cloke and Spurr to Yarran
e) Martin to any forward but Chapman
f) Don't Trade (Please note I probably still will)

I Personally like option A. I really want to get Martin out he has driven bonkers all year and was looking for an excuse to trade him and now there is one. Also I feel Carazzo or Birchall type player will score 20 more points than Lake most weeks so I feel Lake's time has come.

3. Should I start Old-Mac or Gibson?

Cheers guys great thread

Ringo

Quote from: Locinator on July 05, 2012, 09:20:15 PM
6 Trades this is my situation. Red means not named. Current team follows

Backs: Deledio, Goddard, Waters, Shaw, Broughton, M.Johnson, Lake  (Darley, Spur)
Midfielders: Ablett, J.Selwood, Rockliff, Priddis, Dal Santo, McDonald (Gibson, Pendles)
Rucks: Naitanui, Goldstein (Stephenson, Redden)
Forwards: Franklin, Sidebottom, Beams, Dangerfield, Rioli, Martin, Zorko (Adams, Crozier)

A couple of questions.

1. Who should I go captian with? I'm looking at Beams I reckon he is the best option but would love opinions

2. Which Trade option
a) Martin to Robinson/Bennell/Stevie J and Lake to Carazzo
b) Martin to Goodes/Harvey/Lewis and Lake to Birchall/Hanley
c) Martin to Robinson/Bennell/Stevie J and Darley to Yarran
d) Martin to Lewis/Cloke and Spurr to Yarran
e) Martin to any forward but Chapman
f) Don't Trade (Please note I probably still will)

I Personally like option A. I really want to get Martin out he has driven bonkers all year and was looking for an excuse to trade him and now there is one. Also I feel Carazzo or Birchall type player will score 20 more points than Lake most weeks so I feel Lake's time has come.

3. Should I start Old-Mac or Gibson?

Cheers guys great thread
Captain choice and my opinion is stick with Ablett.  Although he had a downer last week playing his old team and at home do not think he will flower it this week.  Beams may also get the Carrotts tag as well.
Would not trade Martin only out for 2 weeks and will come back with a point to prove and Richmond have a reasonable draw and finally looked decent last week.. 
Would be tempted though to do Spur to Yarran or Carazzo giving you good bench cover,  With the exception of Crozier all your Bench players will be playing.
Toss of the coin between Gibson and Mac. North playing West Coast at home and GWS playing Hawks which may tip scales slightly in Gibsons favour.

Locinator

Sorry to bother you again Ringo but have some new options. I have traded Redden to Campbell so I have 250k in the bank os my options now are.

1) Darley to Carrots. 30 leftover
2) Mcdonald to Judd/JPK/Stanton/Thompson (Please Specify which one if you like this option) Judd 110k leftover, JPK 40k, Stanton 65k, Thompson 35k
3) McDonald to Any Forward (Please Specify again)

Jay

Quote from: Locinator on July 05, 2012, 10:36:26 PM
Sorry to bother you again Ringo but have some new options. I have traded Redden to Campbell so I have 250k in the bank os my options now are.

2) Mcdonald to Judd/JPK/Stanton/Thompson (Please Specify which one if you like this option) Judd 110k leftover, JPK 40k, Stanton 65k, Thompson 35k
id do mcdonald > scottyT

The Bomber

Quote from: Jayman on July 05, 2012, 11:25:41 PM
Quote from: Locinator on July 05, 2012, 10:36:26 PM

id do mcdonald > scottyT

Agreed. Although no love for Boyd?

With picking Thompson I would be wary of Adelaide resting players. They haven't ruled out doing it later in the season and given their ridiculously easy draw, it wouldn't surprise me. Saying that, if Adelaide drop a game or 2 before SC finals, I doubt they will as they will try to get a top 4 spot. Mind you the chance of players being rested is low, but it does happen (Chappy)

Boyd less chance of being rested with more money in the bank

Mat0369

I want to trade one of Dempsey, Grimes or Lake for Carrazzo. Grimes has been really disappointing the last couple of weeks (scores of 56 and 43), Dempsey has the injury question mark and Lake is a KPP. Lake is the most consistent out of those 3 so I think he is safe and it is more between Dempsey and Grimes.

My team looks like this (outs in red)

Deledio, Scotland, Newman, Lake, Grimes, Dempsey, Sam Shaw, Spurr, Goddard
Ablett(C), Rockliff, Jack(VC), Hayes, Priddis, Taylor Adams, Gibson (E), Pendles
Jacobs, Giles, Phillips(E), Redden
Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Chapman, O'Keefe, Treloar, Zorko, Saad(E), Martin

j959

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 06, 2012, 03:24:41 PM
I want to trade one of Dempsey, Grimes or Lake for Carrazzo. Grimes has been really disappointing the last couple of weeks (scores of 56 and 43), Dempsey has the injury question mark and Lake is a KPP. Lake is the most consistent out of those 3 so I think he is safe and it is more between Dempsey and Grimes.

My team looks like this (outs in red)

Deledio, Scotland, Newman, Lake, Grimes, Dempsey, Sam Shaw, Spurr, Goddard
Ablett(C), Rockliff, Jack(VC), Hayes, Priddis, Taylor Adams, Gibson (E), Pendles
Jacobs, Giles, Phillips(E), Redden
Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Chapman, O'Keefe, Treloar, Zorko, Saad(E), Martin
very hard to split the three you are looking to off-load - am guessing you don't have enough dough to upgrade S Shaw or Spurr?? - because that is the optimal way to go imo ...

if you put a gun to my head i'd probably look to off-load them in this order ...

Lake, Grimes (but did you upgrade to him?? seems a bit of a waste, if you did upgrade you should hang in there), Dempsey - have to qualify by saying that I haven't been tracking Lake of late ...

Mat0369

Quote from: j959 on July 06, 2012, 04:22:32 PM
very hard to split the three you are looking to off-load - am guessing you don't have enough dough to upgrade S Shaw or Spurr?? - because that is the optimal way to go imo ...

if you put a gun to my head i'd probably look to off-load them in this order ...

Lake, Grimes (but did you upgrade to him?? seems a bit of a waste, if you did upgrade you should hang in there), Dempsey - have to qualify by saying that I haven't been tracking Lake of late ...
I started the season with all 3. When Carrazzo made his return in round 12 I had Dempsey locked in. He was coming off a 49 in round 11 (bye in round 12) but since then has scored 85 and 99 in back to back weeks. Grimes had the bye round 12 as well but was coming off a 92 and 107 in rounds 10 and 11. He has since put up those score below 60. Lake has been the most consistent scoring in the 80s in his last 3 games.

I do have enough cash to offload Shaw however but that will leave me with a ton of cash on my bench with one of Dempsey, Lake or Grimes which I can use to upgrade another position next week (Roughy into the ruck).

I will have $118,400 and 8 trades left if I trade out Shaw or closer to 250,000 if I trade out one of the other 3.

The Bomber

Hey Ringo (and other Coaches) just your thoughts:

Option 1:

Ellis --> Scotland/Fisher
T. Adams --> Rookie
Newman --> Pendlebury
S. Shaw --> (MID) Rookie
Zorko --> Beams

Option 2:
Ellis --> Yarran
S. Shaw --> (MID) Rookie
Newman --> Pendles
Zorko --> Beams

Current Team: 23k 8 Trades
Deledio - Suckling - H. Shaw - Newman - Lake - Ellis - S. Shaw -- (Darley - Spurr)
Watson - Swan - Ablett - Priddis - Jelwood - Carrazzo -- (Goddard - Couch)
McEvoy - Giles -- (Redden, Stephenson)
Franklin - Sidebottom - Dangerfield - Lewis - Robinson - Chapman - Zorko -- (Adams - Hall)

Question is do I get Yarran and save a trade or get a better premium in the backline?

Nyn

Can i survive on a midfield that consists of Gaj, Jelwood, Pendles, Priddus, Rockliff and hayes? 4 out of those 6 can score the odd 70~ and i feel this will be a problem come finals.

Im low on trades and need to hold off till atleast finals. My team is complete if i class this as my final midfield. (zorko F7)

Can i survive on that and simply worry about injurys and LTIs?

Quote from: MyteamDelidio, Goddard, Scotland, Enright, Waters, HShaw, Carrazzo [SShaw, Townsend]
Ablett[C], Pendlebury[VC], Jelwood, Priddus, Rockliff, Hayes [Gibson, Sexton]
Maric, NicNat [Stephenson, Jenkins]
Franklin, Sidebottom, Pavlich, Martin, Cloke, Zorko [Dickson, Porplyzia]

Any Advice would be apreciated

Ringo

Quote from: The Bomber on July 08, 2012, 11:54:47 PM
Hey Ringo (and other Coaches) just your thoughts:

Option 1:

Ellis --> Scotland/Fisher
T. Adams --> Rookie
Newman --> Pendlebury
S. Shaw --> (MID) Rookie
Zorko --> Beams

Option 2:
Ellis --> Yarran
S. Shaw --> (MID) Rookie
Newman --> Pendles
Zorko --> Beams

Current Team: 23k 8 Trades
Deledio - Suckling - H. Shaw - Newman - Lake - Ellis - S. Shaw -- (Darley - Spurr)
Watson - Swan - Ablett - Priddis - Jelwood - Carrazzo -- (Goddard - Couch)
McEvoy - Giles -- (Redden, Stephenson)
Franklin - Sidebottom - Dangerfield - Lewis - Robinson - Chapman - Zorko -- (Adams - Hall)

Question is do I get Yarran and save a trade or get a better premium in the backline?
With 8 trades I would look at Option 1. Finishes team nicely.  I would however look at upgrading Adams before Zorko if cash allows.  Zorko would be fantastic F8/M7 coverage for you going into finals.  (Using Couchas DPP)
With option b question is whether Yarran can keep it up.  He can be easily tagged as we have seen previously.

Ringo

Quote from: Nyn on July 09, 2012, 01:57:56 AM
Can i survive on a midfield that consists of Gaj, Jelwood, Pendles, Priddus, Rockliff and hayes? 4 out of those 6 can score the odd 70~ and i feel this will be a problem come finals.

Im low on trades and need to hold off till atleast finals. My team is complete if i class this as my final midfield. (zorko F7)

Can i survive on that and simply worry about injurys and LTIs?

Quote from: MyteamDelidio, Goddard, Scotland, Enright, Waters, HShaw, Carrazzo [SShaw, Townsend]
Ablett[C], Pendlebury[VC], Jelwood, Priddus, Rockliff, Hayes [Gibson, Sexton]
Maric, NicNat [Stephenson, Jenkins]
Franklin, Sidebottom, Pavlich, Martin, Cloke, Zorko [Dickson, Porplyzia]

Any Advice would be apreciated
If you are well placed in Leagues and can see yourself maintaining position I would just sit and wait for finals.  You did not mention how many trades you had but if you have more than 4 Consider upgrades if cash available. However if you need to win to make finals then you need to think about your trades now.  No use having 4 trades left and not making finals.

FonFatty

Hey guys, I am in a bit of a pickle this week and for the remainder of the season.
I have 5 trades left & $44k in the bank and have finalised every line except 1 in defence and a ruck.

My team as it is right now;

Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, H Shaw, Burgoyne, Broughton, S Shaw (Ellis, Darley)

Swan, GAJ, Jelwood, Watson, Pendlebury, Priddis (Sexton, Gibson)

Cox, Campbell (Redden, Big O)

Franklin, Beams, Sidebottom, Pavlich, Martin, J Lewis, Zorko (Porplyzia, Saad)

This week I had my hopes set on Saad/Redden ---> Murdoch or McIntyre/prem ruck. The problem is I only have $464,400 (Murdoch) or $476,300 (McIntyre) to spend on a ruck and there is no one really available. With the McIntyre trade I can pick up Griffin though which is what I am sorting of looking at right now. This will leave me with 3 trades for finals with Sam Shaw as my D7.

I also have another option which will leave me 1 trade and that is Saad/Ellis ----> Murdoch/Carrazzo this week and next week Porplyzia/Redden ----> McIntyre/I Maric... I do like this option for completing my final team but the 1 trade really worries me.

What would you guys do if you were in my position? I am in a really good position in my leagues as well, certainty for top 4 in two of my main leagues.

The Bomber

Quote from: Ringo on July 09, 2012, 08:30:41 AM
With 8 trades I would look at Option 1. Finishes team nicely.  I would however look at upgrading Adams before Zorko if cash allows.  Zorko would be fantastic F8/M7 coverage for you going into finals.  (Using Couchas DPP)
With option b question is whether Yarran can keep it up.  He can be easily tagged as we have seen previously.

Zorko will be my last upgrade. Adams is going to be culled to to get enough cash to actually make the upgrade. Last of the listed trades will be Zorko to Beams.

The Bomber

Quote from: FonFatty on July 09, 2012, 12:59:25 PM
Hey guys, I am in a bit of a pickle this week and for the remainder of the season.
I have 5 trades left & $44k in the bank and have finalised every line except 1 in defence and a ruck.

My team as it is right now;

Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, H Shaw, Burgoyne, Broughton, S Shaw (Ellis, Darley)

Swan, GAJ, Jelwood, Watson, Pendlebury, Priddis (Sexton, Gibson)

Cox, Campbell (Redden, Big O)

Franklin, Beams, Sidebottom, Pavlich, Martin, J Lewis, Zorko (Porplyzia, Saad)

This week I had my hopes set on Saad/Redden ---> Murdoch or McIntyre/prem ruck. The problem is I only have $464,400 (Murdoch) or $476,300 (McIntyre) to spend on a ruck and there is no one really available. With the McIntyre trade I can pick up Griffin though which is what I am sorting of looking at right now. This will leave me with 3 trades for finals with Sam Shaw as my D7.

I also have another option which will leave me 1 trade and that is Saad/Ellis ----> Murdoch/Carrazzo this week and next week Porplyzia/Redden ----> McIntyre/I Maric... I do like this option for completing my final team but the 1 trade really worries me.

What would you guys do if you were in my position? I am in a really good position in my leagues as well, certainty for top 4 in two of my main leagues.

Firstly your first thought is better. Agreed 1 trade is very low. Also one of Ellis/Shaw/Darley will play every week whereas neither Campbell/Stephenson/Redden may get named in one given week. You will be left with a donut. And honestly as a rookie a consistent 60-70 isn't too bad as a D7. your not losing too many points...

Mumford is under your price bracket. Another option rather than Griffin. Hopefully will get back to full form...