Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: agups on July 03, 2012, 03:31:29 PM
Looking to do my last FWD upgrade guys. J. Cameron > Dusty Martin or Hurley?

Martin more reliable and Richmond has an easy run into finals, but Hurley is in some pretty good form and could score more now that Crameri's suspended for two. Hurley's also not in 31% of teams (unlike Martin).

What to do?
Hmmmmm

Well do you want unique or do you want common? Taking into account common will probably outscore unique...if going for overall then maybe go unique OR if you just want to win your league, just take Dusty and make up points else where :)

GCSkiwi

Hi coaches, some help with a bit of a pickle please!
The team:
D: Lids, God, Waters, Scotland, H.Shaw, Carrazzo, Hargrave (Spurr, S. Shaw)
M: GAJ, Pendles, Boyd, Selwood, Priddis, Thompson (Gibson, Zorko)
R: Cox, Giles (Stephenson, Campbell)
F: Buddy, Danger, Chappy, Sidey, Pav, Martin, Adams (Elliot, Murdoch)
2 trades left :(, $57,400, going for league.

The way I see it I have 1 fwd spot to fill and then I'm good for finals time in my league. Now, I was planning on keeping zorko as a good little fwd/mid link who can score good points too, and ditching adams plus another in an up/down, using the last two trades I have. Rely on DPP for cover if things go south with LTI. However the way things are going zorko could be a straight swap for Goodes in a week or two, I was thinking about Goodes for my F7 anyway. This has the advantage of giving me a little cash and saving me one lonely trade for an LTI later (which could otherwise screw me over).
Will Goodes get back to tearing it up or should I stay away? Any other decent options that might save me a trade (ie not an up/down, meaning a fwd ~500k)?
Cheers!
Buddy's Hamstring also concerning...

agups

yeah that sounds better. How about J. Lewis? Another poster suggested it, same price as Dusty but a higher average and a POD, being in 6% of teams.

Ringo

Quote from: agups on July 03, 2012, 06:59:57 PM
yeah that sounds better. How about J. Lewis? Another poster suggested it, same price as Dusty but a higher average and a POD, being in 6% of teams.
At this stage I would take Lewis over Dusty would give you POD in league matches.

Ringo

Quote from: GCSkiwi on July 03, 2012, 06:57:35 PM
Hi coaches, some help with a bit of a pickle please!
The team:
D: Lids, God, Waters, Scotland, H.Shaw, Carrazzo, Hargrave (Spurr, S. Shaw)
M: GAJ, Pendles, Boyd, Selwood, Priddis, Thompson (Gibson, Zorko)
R: Cox, Giles (Stephenson, Campbell)
F: Buddy, Danger, Chappy, Sidey, Pav, Martin, Adams (Elliot, Murdoch)
2 trades left :(, $57,400, going for league.

The way I see it I have 1 fwd spot to fill and then I'm good for finals time in my league. Now, I was planning on keeping zorko as a good little fwd/mid link who can score good points too, and ditching adams plus another in an up/down, using the last two trades I have. Rely on DPP for cover if things go south with LTI. However the way things are going zorko could be a straight swap for Goodes in a week or two, I was thinking about Goodes for my F7 anyway. This has the advantage of giving me a little cash and saving me one lonely trade for an LTI later (which could otherwise screw me over).
Will Goodes get back to tearing it up or should I stay away? Any other decent options that might save me a trade (ie not an up/down, meaning a fwd ~500k)?
Cheers!
Buddy's Hamstring also concerning...
With only 2 trades left and unless you are in a position of needing to win I would hold these 2 trades.  First aim is get into finals and if you can get there without using these trades do it and then make the most of them in finals.

Regarding Goodes I would wait and observe his form over the next couple of weeks as his price will continue to fall.

agups

Quote from: Ringo on July 03, 2012, 08:00:01 PM
Quote from: agups on July 03, 2012, 06:59:57 PM
At this stage I would take Lewis over Dusty would give you POD in league matches.

That's what i'm leaning towards. Cheers Ringo, thanks for the feedback guys!

Colliwobblers

ok who is my "next defender"

can have anyone money not an issue, already have goddard, delidio, H Shaw, Dempsey, Lake, Howard, Conca, (S Shaw, Whiley).

Thinking Waters, Scotland, Carrazzo, but it can be anyone at all who will be the best?

really butchered my SC team this season, don't even ask, was ranked just outside top 1000 after round 13, slipped to about 3500 after last week.

this will be my last upgrade required tho with 2 trades left for LTI and if not used for 2 late season defender upgrades (2 of dempsey,lake,howard,conca)

mid, ruck, fwd lines all premiums on field and have good bench cover in fwds and mids, spuds on the ruck bench tho in big o and redden.

upgrading shaw or conca with this one.

Ringo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 04, 2012, 01:13:23 AM
ok who is my "next defender"

can have anyone money not an issue, already have goddard, delidio, H Shaw, Dempsey, Lake, Howard, Conca, (S Shaw, Whiley).

Thinking Waters, Scotland, Carrazzo, but it can be anyone at all who will be the best?

really butchered my SC team this season, don't even ask, was ranked just outside top 1000 after round 13, slipped to about 3500 after last week.

this will be my last upgrade required tho with 2 trades left for LTI and if not used for 2 late season defender upgrades (2 of dempsey,lake,howard,conca)

mid, ruck, fwd lines all premiums on field and have good bench cover in fwds and mids, spuds on the ruck bench tho in big o and redden.

upgrading shaw or conca with this one.
Seems strange giving advice to you when you are ranked higher than me and in 2 leagues with you as well.
LTI's and a few bad trades have butchered me do niot mention Boomer and I could not get him out.
Anyway here goes.
Bit hard to say who will be the best for the next few weeks.
Waters has an average of 107 over last 5 games but will he stay on the park with his judiciary record
Scotland has not been impressive in recent weeks playing more of a lock down role and only averaging 100 for his last 5 games.  Will this role continue is the question and can he get back up there. Cureent Price his lowest for the season and been declining steafily.
Carazzo was on fire prior to injury and has scored well in his 2 come back games taking out his 3 when injured his 5 game average is 112 which is why everyone will be jumping in this week. Question in my mind with Carlton struggling to stay in eight will he be given tagging roles effecting his scores.
If looking for a POD 2 players to have a look at are Shannon Huin who can be up and down and Pearce Hanley (bias I know) but if Brisbane continue to use him running down the wing and off the half back as they have done in the last 2 games may be worth a look.  Can run and kick goals which we have also seen in the last 2 weeks and this increases SC scoring.
Stats say Carazzo but as we know they only provide some of the info.  Go with your gut and keep climbing.

Colliwobblers

thanks Ringo, my prediction is you will run me down in the end :)

Marcos83

I'M LOST AS TO HOW BEST TO COMPLETE TEAM. Have 11 trades left and 270 k.

Backs: God, Lidz, Lake, Broughton, Malceski, Clarke, Ellis  (Darley, Spurr)
Mids: GAJ, Pendles, Boyd, Selwood, JPK, JMAC (Gibson, Miles)
Rucks: Nic Nat, Mummy(Redden,Stephenson)
Forwards: Franklin, Martin,Chapman, Pavlich, Danger, Sidey, Zorkho (Patton, Couch)

Thinking this week Clarke > Carrotz and Redden > Campbell

Then following week malceski(if he still does not play) > Fischer and JMAC > Goodes leaving team like this with 7 trades left and hardly anything in the bank.

Backs: God, Lidz, Lake, Broughton, Fischer, Carrazzo, Ellis  (Darley, Spurr)
Mids: GAJ, Pendles, Boyd, Selwood, JPK, Zorkho (Gibson, Miles)
Rucks: Nic Nat, Mummy(Campbell,Stephenson)
Forwards: Franklin, Martin,Chapman, Pavlich, Danger, Sidey, Goodes (Patton, Couch)

Obviously zorkho will be upgraded to Swan and so will Ellis to another defender hopefully leaving me with 5 trades. Going for league and sitting 2nd and in no danger imo of not making top 4.

Thanx bud for any suggestions you may have.

The Bomber

Backs: God, Lidz, Lake, Broughton, Malceski, Clarke, Ellis  (Darley, Spurr)
Mids: GAJ, Pendles, Boyd, Selwood, JPK, JMAC (Gibson, Miles)
Rucks: Nic Nat, Mummy(Redden,Stephenson)
Forwards: Franklin, Martin,Chapman, Pavlich, Danger, Sidey, Zorkho (Patton, Couch)

Names is bold for your team are the guys unlikely to play this week.  :-\

This week I would have to say
Clarke-->Carrazzo
Malceski --> Fisher(/Hibberd/Yarran if low on cash)

This covers 2 major backline donuts.

The donut in your forward line is unavoidable if Buddy doesn't play, it would just be a waste of a trade.

Just hope Darley or Spurr get named.

Marcos83

Thanks Ringo,

I know half my side is out this week but I dont care about a loss. To finish it off wouldnt clarke > carrots , redden >campbell this week and jmac > malceski > fischer, jmac > goodes(swap with zorkho to bring in forwards) next week be a good move? Im looking at the best way to complete it.

Or go what you suggetsed by upgrading defense first and worry later?

Ringo

You need to decide what is most important for you if it is finish team then look at that.

You need to work out a strategy with trades to finish teams You have 11 trades and there are only 5 rounds till finals.  If you are well placed in leagues I would just concentrate on finishing team and avoiding donut.

The trades suggested already will virtually complete back line.
Clarke to Carazzo
Malceski to Birchall, Heppell, Suckling, Enright (basiaclly any prem up to $500k your choice0

9 trades left.
Next week Reddan to Campbell and J Mac to a playing ro0kie for cash.
7 trades left plus cash for Mid and def upgrade Zorkko is good enough for F7 at the moment.

Go with your gut and work the plan out as it suits you.

blue

just a quick one. which one to trade to carrots. S.Shaw or Ellis the other will be my d8.

The Bomber

Quote from: blue on July 05, 2012, 07:59:26 PM
just a quick one. which one to trade to carrots. S.Shaw or Ellis the other will be my d8.

Ellis. He is more expensive.

That is all. JS is the same. Scoring output is the same.