Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: dogdog on June 26, 2012, 07:43:49 PM
Just a quick question fellas, Lake or Dempsey? Gonna axe one next week into carrots and the other will be D7

Quote from: Ringo on June 26, 2012, 10:05:17 PM
Lake is proven whereas Dempsey can be a little inconsistent so imo trade Dempsey.

This. I am doing the same thing next week.

Mat0369

So my team is looking like this

Goddard, Scotland, Newman, Lake, Grimes, Dempsey, Bugg, Sam Shaw, Spurr
Ablett, Rockliff, Jack, Hayes, Priddis, Treloar, McDonald, Pendlebury
Jacobs, Giles, Redden, Andrew Phillips
Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Chapman, Martin, O'Keefe, Zorko, Saad, Taylor Adams

11 trades left $337,300

Plan is to this week trade McDonald>Gibson, Bugg>Deledio
Next week Dempsey>Carrazzo Redden>Campbell (pending on performance and if he holds his spot)

This will leave me with either 7 or 8 trades and a team looking like this

Treloar and Adams will rotate through my mids for coverage. I can then use any trades left to cover players if they get injured or I look to upgrade someone who does not perform well (Giles in a couple of weeks if he does not perform, players rested in SC finals)

Do these moves look ok? Is there something you can recommend?

I have been looking at another option and that is to make 5 trades over the next 3 weeks

McDonald>Gibson, Bugg>Deledio
Dempsey>Carrazzo
Redden>Pattison Saad>Roughead

Team will be

Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Carrazzo, Newman, Lake, Grimes, Sam Shaw, Spurr
Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Jack, Hayes, Priddis, Treloar, Gibson
Jacobs, Roughead, Giles, Andrew Phillips
Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Chapman, Martin, O'Keefe, Zorko, Taylor Adams, Pattison

This gives me extra coverage if players are rested through finals.

I am leaning more towards option 1 in the meantime just to conserve trades but 2 could work out in the long run

Slammer

Hey guys

B: godd, Lids, shaw, lake, malceski, Clarke, Ellis (darley, s.shaw)
8 trades $224

Do I burn 3 trades over two weeks to get Scotland or waters and carazzo?
Or do I just use two and go Carazzo and suckling ths week

Cheers

boneman

ASSISTANCE PLEASE...not getting much love on another post. A large read by need some expert assistance!

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw.H, Broughton, Lake, Ellis, Shaw.S (Townsend, Spurr)
Mid: Ablett, Selwood, Boyd, Priddis, Montagna, Smith.D (Pendlebury, Ledger)
Ruck: Naitanui, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
For: Franklin, Riewoldt.N, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko, Treloar (Adams, Hall)

$186,000 - 12 Trades

Option 1:
Smith.D - Gibson
Treloar â€" Pavlich

Option 2:
Smith.D - Gibson
Treloar â€" Beams

Option 3:
Ledger â€" Gibson (Fix Rookie Mistake)
Treloar â€" Pavlich

Pavlich looks the best fit for the forward upgrade at his price. His form is on the improve and the dockers have a fairly good run home. I can't see him missing games through rest as long as he stays fit.

Option 1 - gives me a good amount of money left over to make an addition upgrade in my backline next week (Carrazzo - Ellis). I can then look at the Ruck downgrade (Campbell - Redden/Stephenson) and possible upgrade (Stephenson/Redden - Cox/Maric/Ryder...) the following week or use this money for the final forward upgrade (Adams - Goodes).

Option 2 - allows me to fix a rookie mistake (Ledger) but I'm a little fearful Gibson also doesn't have great JS. I would have to settle for Pav as the upgrade but could look at Beams/Goodes down the track for the final upgrade.

Option 3 - fix the rookie mistake and bring in a premium in top form (Beams). Very expensive and wouldn't leave me with alot of bank money but more than if I complete option 2.

I guess my issue is do I have the trades to rectify a rookie mistake at the start of the year. Would you consider it or another option?

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 29, 2012, 04:59:50 PM
So my team is looking like this

Goddard, Scotland, Newman, Lake, Grimes, Dempsey, Bugg, Sam Shaw, Spurr
Ablett, Rockliff, Jack, Hayes, Priddis, Treloar, McDonald, Pendlebury
Jacobs, Giles, Redden, Andrew Phillips
Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Chapman, Martin, O'Keefe, Zorko, Saad, Taylor Adams

11 trades left $337,300

Plan is to this week trade McDonald>Gibson, Bugg>Deledio
Next week Dempsey>Carrazzo Redden>Campbell (pending on performance and if he holds his spot)

This will leave me with either 7 or 8 trades and a team looking like this

Treloar and Adams will rotate through my mids for coverage. I can then use any trades left to cover players if they get injured or I look to upgrade someone who does not perform well (Giles in a couple of weeks if he does not perform, players rested in SC finals)

Do these moves look ok? Is there something you can recommend?

I have been looking at another option and that is to make 5 trades over the next 3 weeks

McDonald>Gibson, Bugg>Deledio
Dempsey>Carrazzo
Redden>Pattison Saad>Roughead

Team will be

Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Carrazzo, Newman, Lake, Grimes, Sam Shaw, Spurr
Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Jack, Hayes, Priddis, Treloar, Gibson
Jacobs, Roughead, Giles, Andrew Phillips
Franklin, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Chapman, Martin, O'Keefe, Zorko, Taylor Adams, Pattison

This gives me extra coverage if players are rested through finals.

I am leaning more towards option 1 in the meantime just to conserve trades but 2 could work out in the long run
Option 2 will leave you 6 trades and imo a better structured team with good bench coverage via DPP. Providing Zorko maintains form you have the luxury of using him forward or mid. I would go down that track as you would have 6 trades left for injuries and form loss and finals.

Ringo

Quote from: Slammer on June 29, 2012, 05:28:27 PM
Hey guys

B: godd, Lids, shaw, lake, malceski, Clarke, Ellis (darley, s.shaw)
8 trades $224

Do I burn 3 trades over two weeks to get Scotland or waters and carazzo?
Or do I just use two and go Carazzo and suckling ths week

Cheers
Do you have to win League matches this week. If so just do the 2 but if not I would only do Clarke to Suckling this week and then assess next week or week after depending on requirements.

Ringo

Quote from: boneman on June 29, 2012, 05:41:56 PM
ASSISTANCE PLEASE...not getting much love on another post. A large read by need some expert assistance!

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw.H, Broughton, Lake, Ellis, Shaw.S (Townsend, Spurr)
Mid: Ablett, Selwood, Boyd, Priddis, Montagna, Smith.D (Pendlebury, Ledger)
Ruck: Naitanui, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
For: Franklin, Riewoldt.N, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Martin, Zorko, Treloar (Adams, Hall)

$186,000 - 12 Trades

Option 1:
Smith.D - Gibson
Treloar â€" Pavlich

Option 2:
Smith.D - Gibson
Treloar â€" Beams

Option 3:
Ledger â€" Gibson (Fix Rookie Mistake)
Treloar â€" Pavlich

Pavlich looks the best fit for the forward upgrade at his price. His form is on the improve and the dockers have a fairly good run home. I can't see him missing games through rest as long as he stays fit.

Option 1 - gives me a good amount of money left over to make an addition upgrade in my backline next week (Carrazzo - Ellis). I can then look at the Ruck downgrade (Campbell - Redden/Stephenson) and possible upgrade (Stephenson/Redden - Cox/Maric/Ryder...) the following week or use this money for the final forward upgrade (Adams - Goodes).

Option 2 - allows me to fix a rookie mistake (Ledger) but I'm a little fearful Gibson also doesn't have great JS. I would have to settle for Pav as the upgrade but could look at Beams/Goodes down the track for the final upgrade.

Option 3 - fix the rookie mistake and bring in a premium in top form (Beams). Very expensive and wouldn't leave me with alot of bank money but more than if I complete option 2.

I guess my issue is do I have the trades to rectify a rookie mistake at the start of the year. Would you consider it or another option?
As I see your team you require 2 upgrades in Def, one in Mids and one in forward assuming Zorko at F7.
So can see 6 trades required to complete.
I would be looking at Reddan to Pattinson for cash - Highly unlikely he will play again this year.
Then Adams or Hall to Roughhead for added security in Rucks. Treloar imo should be kept to use as a floating DPP on bench in Forwards or mids but your decision.

Next week work on Defence upgrades.

Just something else to consider

lowry

Hey ringo,
Who would you get out of Waters, Suckling, Carazzo, Fisher, Taylor? Who would play well for the rest of the season?

Grazz

Its outa Waters Suckling Carrots, i lean towards Carrots but all 3 would serve you well.

krusty

looking at grima what are your thoughts

Jay

even though I am a coach...would love your help Ringo and co.

my team is:

343.6k   6trades    League ranking: 1
goddard deledio shaw broughtom scotland johnson s.shaw <darley ellis>
ablett pendlebury selwood boyd priddis shiel <gibson dsmith>
giles campbell <redden orren>
franklin sidebottom danger zaha cloke martin zorko <adams milera>

thinking of redden & shiel > mumford & NDS

thoughts?

Cruiseon

IMO with only 6 trades left, taking the risk on Mummy is a concern. So many back problems and he was visibly suffering again last week. Your trades will be gold, hold!

Jay

Quote from: Cruiseon on June 29, 2012, 07:53:52 PM

IMO with only 6 trades left, taking the risk on Mummy is a concern. So many back problems and he was visibly suffering again last week. Your trades will be gold, hold!
think i can cope with Giles/Redden/Campbell/Orren for a while??? Also shiel has a be of 100, perfect time to trade

argh i dont know

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on June 29, 2012, 06:43:42 PM
Option 2 will leave you 6 trades and imo a better structured team with good bench coverage via DPP. Providing Zorko maintains form you have the luxury of using him forward or mid. I would go down that track as you would have 6 trades left for injuries and form loss and finals.

After last nights game option 2 looks like it will be a good one right now.

agups

Looking to do my last FWD upgrade guys. J. Cameron > Dusty Martin or Hurley?

Martin more reliable and Richmond has an easy run into finals, but Hurley is in some pretty good form and could score more now that Crameri's suspended for two. Hurley's also not in 31% of teams (unlike Martin).

What to do?