Waite>Sidebottom
Kreuz>Phillips

This leaves me with $337,300

Next week
McDonald to Gibson and Bugg to Deledio.

Week after
Dempsey to Carrazzo

Ringo

Would be tempted to go Kreuz to Campbell though now that Phillips is not playing but your choice.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on June 22, 2012, 08:23:14 PM
Would be tempted to go Kreuz to Campbell though now that Phillips is not playing but your choice.
I figure that if Giles is out Phillips will get a game so it is more of a security blanket. I don't think that Campbells job security will be any good past this week with Minson out suspended.

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 22, 2012, 08:27:38 PM
Quote from: Ringo on June 22, 2012, 08:23:14 PM
I figure that if Giles is out Phillips will get a game so it is more of a security blanket. I don't think that Campbells job security will be any good past this week with Minson out suspended.
ok no worries

Babylove

Some of the results on the weekend have me a little concerned and would like some advice

My team is:

Backs: Scotland, Birchall, Deledio, Goddard, H. Shaw, Clarke, S. Shaw (Darley, Guthriel)

Centres: Ablett, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Thompson, D. Thomas, S. Selwood (D. Zorko, M. Williams)

Rucks: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, Chapman, Sidebottom, Beams, Dangerfield, Walker, Martin (Adams, Crozier)

Cash $168,000

Trades: 7

My initial plan had been to keep Giles and Clarke as d8 & r2 to conserve trades and focus on other areas of my team.  With this I though that I would need another one (or two) downgrades to allow me to upgrade Guthrie to Carazzo and that would have left 4-5 trades for LTI & finals which I think would have been a good position.

However Giles and Clarke didn't have very good weekends which have me a little nervous about this plan.  However in order to trade them and still upgrade Guthrie I think I would need at least an additional 2 trades meaning I would have at best 2-3 trades which is a little thinner than I would like.

The other conundrum I have is Gibson.  I had before the weekend planned to downgrade Williams to Gibson, however Williams continues to impress and I think there will be others to make way for the couple of stars Collingwood have that will come back this year before him.  Should I go for the downgrade anyway?

Any advice on what to do with my team?

upthemaidens

Quote from: Babylove on June 25, 2012, 07:23:54 PM
Some of the results on the weekend have me a little concerned and would like some advice

My team is:

Backs: Scotland, Birchall, Deledio, Goddard, H. Shaw, Clarke, S. Shaw (Darley, Guthriel)

Centres: Ablett, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Thompson, D. Thomas, S. Selwood (D. Zorko, M. Williams)

Rucks: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards: Franklin, Chapman, Sidebottom, Beams, Dangerfield, Walker, Martin (Adams, Crozier)

Cash $168,000

Trades: 7

My initial plan had been to keep Giles and Clarke as d8 & r2 to conserve trades and focus on other areas of my team.  With this I though that I would need another one (or two) downgrades to allow me to upgrade Guthrie to Carazzo and that would have left 4-5 trades for LTI & finals which I think would have been a good position.

However Giles and Clarke didn't have very good weekends which have me a little nervous about this plan.  However in order to trade them and still upgrade Guthrie I think I would need at least an additional 2 trades meaning I would have at best 2-3 trades which is a little thinner than I would like.

The other conundrum I have is Gibson.  I had before the weekend planned to downgrade Williams to Gibson, however Williams continues to impress and I think there will be others to make way for the couple of stars Collingwood have that will come back this year before him.  Should I go for the downgrade anyway?

Any advice on what to do with my team?
ok firstly looks like a fair team and im guessing you just want to win your league..
  what i would do  is downgrade adams to a cheap(preferably a dpp) rookie and upgrade guthriel to carrazzo after next week to allow carrots to drop another 10-20k. (im not sure on adams/guthriel's price).
     then just sit back and keep the remaining 5 trades for finals...  ofcourse if you are struggling to make the top 8 you may have to trade some more..

FonFatty

Quote from: FonFatty on June 19, 2012, 01:12:29 PM
Need an opinion on this one guys.
I have 9 trades left and this week I am culling Treloar --> S Gibson.
I have also been considering doing the J McDonald --> J Watson trade but with McDonalds B/E @ 53 (playing his old team this week) is it worth holding off a week with the Jobe trade?
Jobe averages 79 against the Dockers from 7 outings and he also averages 79 @ Pattersons Stadium.
I have got $290k in the kitty (after the Treloar downgrade) and I have the exact $$$ to do it this week.
If McDonald spuds it up and Watson turns it on I will miss out on him next week because Watson B/E is 80.
If McDonald turns it on and Watson spuds it up I can then wait a week or 2 and generate some extra $$$ from doing this trade.
I am in a really good position in both my leagues, top 4 in both.

My team is;

Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Burgoyne, Broughton, H Shaw, Ellis (Darley, S Shaw)

Ablett, Jelwood, Pendlebury, Priddis, Shiel, McDonald (Sexton, Treloar)

Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Franklin, Sidebottom, Beams, Pavlich, J Lewis, Martin, Porplyzia (Zorko, Saad)

To complete my team I want to pick up Watson & Swan in midfield and Carrazzo in my back line.

What plan off attack would you seasoned coaches take?
I posted this last week & I just did the treloar > Gibson trade and pocketed $300k. Initially I wanted swan & Watson in my midfield but I am having second thoughts about swan in my team. 5 pie players in my team would be overkill IMO. Now I want to pull the trigger on the following trades this week, OUT: Giles, shiel IN: Maric, rockliff.
Next week Ellis & saad/McDonald to rookie & carrazzo.
Week after saad/McDonald & porplyzia to rookie & Watson.
Will leave me with 2 trades with $$ in the bank for finals.
Thoughts?
Would like to know ringos thoughts on rocky?

Ringo

Quote from: FonFatty on June 25, 2012, 09:36:30 PM
I have also been considering doing the J McDonald --> J Watson trade but with McDonalds B/E @ 53 (playing his old team this week) is it worth holding off a week with the Jobe trade?
Jobe averages 79 against the Dockers from 7 outings and he also averages 79 @ Pattersons Stadium.
I have got $290k in the kitty (after the Treloar downgrade) and I have the exact $$$ to do it this week.
If McDonald spuds it up and Watson turns it on I will miss out on him next week because Watson B/E is 80.
If McDonald turns it on and Watson spuds it up I can then wait a week or 2 and generate some extra $$$ from doing this trade.

My team is;

To complete my team I want to pick up Watson & Swan in midfield and Carrazzo in my back line.

I posted this last week & I just did the treloar > Gibson trade and pocketed $300k. Initially I wanted swan & Watson in my midfield but I am having second thoughts about swan in my team. 5 pie players in my team would be overkill IMO. Now I want to pull the trigger on the following trades this week, OUT: Giles, shiel IN: Maric, rockliff.
Thoughts?
Rocky has been a bit of an enigma this year. (He is my team though).  In a couple of the games at the Gabba he has started on the interchange bench and has spent time up forward.  Is a gifted footballer and knows how to find it as we saw last week and he does his best work when in the mids and hopefully will remain in mids. With the emergence of Zorko and Banfield on the comeback trek in the reserves coupled with Green we now have the small forwards to lock the ball in the forward 50 which i think was the purpose of putting Rocky forward earlier in the season. Can also take a strong mark.  Personally I am hoping he does what he did last year and averaged 126 for the last 11 games of the year. So I am saying he is not the worst for M4 or M5. However imo I would still get Swan over Rocky if it was me.
On your trading strategy 2 trades is probably a bit low so would reconsider some trades and just see if you can do straight upgrades.  Trades in finals will be virtually sideways  for restings or injuries so I would use the cash now to save trades.

jamesalex

I have way too many options:

Stephenson to Campbell, Clarke to Enright/Suckling
Stephenson to Campbell, Malceski to Carazzo
Stephenson to Campbell, Giles (as 2nd ruck) to Cox/Ryder
Mcdonald to a debutant/Couch this week, Giles to Maric
Mcdonald to a debutant/Couch this week, Clarke/Malceski to Waters
McDonald to a debutant/Couch,  Clarke/Malceski to Carrazzo, Giles to Ryder/Roughead
 McDonald to debutant/Couch,  Clarke to Carrazzo, Malceski to Suckling
Redden to Campbell, Malceski to Carrazzo

Which one looks the best to you? I have 8 trades left.

FonFatty

Quote from: Ringo on June 25, 2012, 10:37:09 PM
Quote from: FonFatty on June 25, 2012, 09:36:30 PM

My team is;

Thoughts?
Rocky has been a bit of an enigma this year. (He is my team though).  In a couple of the games at the Gabba he has started on the interchange bench and has spent time up forward.  Is a gifted footballer and knows how to find it as we saw last week and he does his best work when in the mids and hopefully will remain in mids. With the emergence of Zorko and Banfield on the comeback trek in the reserves coupled with Green we now have the small forwards to lock the ball in the forward 50 which i think was the purpose of putting Rocky forward earlier in the season. Can also take a strong mark.  Personally I am hoping he does what he did last year and averaged 126 for the last 11 games of the year. So I am saying he is not the worst for M4 or M5. However imo I would still get Swan over Rocky if it was me.
On your trading strategy 2 trades is probably a bit low so would reconsider some trades and just see if you can do straight upgrades.  Trades in finals will be virtually sideways  for restings or injuries so I would use the cash now to save trades.
The reason I have my eye on Rockliff is simply that he is most likely going to be one of Brisbanes best scorers week in week out. Now looking over his season thus far he has scored low a few times which will probably keep happening.
But I do hear you in regards to Swan. Each game he plays he is up there in the scoring, in top 3 at pies.
Decisions Decisions.

dogdog

Just a quick question fellas, Lake or Dempsey? Gonna axe one next week into carrots and the other will be D7

Ringo

Quote from: dogdog on June 26, 2012, 07:43:49 PM
Just a quick question fellas, Lake or Dempsey? Gonna axe one next week into carrots and the other will be D7
Lake is proven whereas Dempsey can be a little inconsistent so imo trade Dempsey.

Noz

Zaharakis MPP link downgrade to Gibson, Play Zorko as F7, Pfieffer on the bench.

Upgrade Clarke - Carrazzo this week, Darley to Scotland/Shaw

2 trades left with a complete team?

Good ideas?

FonFatty

Quote from: Noz on June 26, 2012, 11:17:45 PM
Zaharakis MPP link downgrade to Gibson, Play Zorko as F7, Pfieffer on the bench.

Upgrade Clarke - Carrazzo this week, Darley to Scotland/Shaw

2 trades left with a complete team?

Good ideas?
I'd wait a week for Carrazzo.
Zaha to Gibson & Clarke to Scotland.
Next week Darley to Carrazzo.

Grazz

What FonFatty said. If your doing it thats how you want to do it. ;)