Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennyy

Quote from: MTTY on June 15, 2012, 06:56:00 PM
Quote from: Bennyy on June 15, 2012, 06:42:16 PM
My simple question Im debating for the next 2 hours as I think others will be.

Who to Captain? Ablett vs Deledio.

My main opponent usually has Ablett, who knows what Abletts role will be week to week but should go good, but Lids could go crazy as well. Im unsure! Wish i had of VC Cox!

Well it depends if you want to be safe go for Ablett. But i'm currently tossing up between Goldy and Deledio. Mainly because rucks score very highly against GC and the fact that Deledio scored 160 coming off a hamstring injury against GWS pre-season.

What do the coaches think? Not about risk I dont think, both are as risky as each other I would think!

MTTY

Quote from: Bennyy on June 15, 2012, 07:03:18 PM
Quote from: MTTY on June 15, 2012, 06:56:00 PM
Quote from: Bennyy on June 15, 2012, 06:42:16 PM
My simple question Im debating for the next 2 hours as I think others will be.

Who to Captain? Ablett vs Deledio.

My main opponent usually has Ablett, who knows what Abletts role will be week to week but should go good, but Lids could go crazy as well. Im unsure! Wish i had of VC Cox!

Well it depends if you want to be safe go for Ablett. But i'm currently tossing up between Goldy and Deledio. Mainly because rucks score very highly against GC and the fact that Deledio scored 160 coming off a hamstring injury against GWS pre-season.

What do the coaches think? Not about risk I dont think, both are as risky as each other I would think!

Well Ablett is a lot safer, as most usually go for him as captain so if he's scorings down most will cop that. Whereas if you go Deledio and his scoring is down less people will go down with you. Anyway this week i'd say Deledio is the right way to go. However Ablett as we know is a freak and is capable of 150+ against anyone.

Bennyy

Thanks mate, I had it on Ablett, but my gut is saying Deledio. Plenty of SC points to go round, and tiggers need to prove a point. Fingers crossed!!!

MTTY

Quote from: Bennyy on June 15, 2012, 07:14:42 PM
Thanks mate, I had it on Ablett, but my gut is saying Deledio. Plenty of SC points to go round, and tiggers need to prove a point. Fingers crossed!!!

No worries.  :)
I'm also going Deledio with Goldy vice. Here's hoping he dominates. :)

Ringo

The only thing that worries me with Lids of Ablett is Gaz does not usually have 2 bad games in a row.  Has only occurred once in the last 4 years. However in saying that Lids is also coming of a shocker last week.  So basically as you have done gone with gut with Lids to out score Gazz. 

dogdog

G'day Coaches (Specifically Ringo),
I have Tommy Rockliff in my team, I am so confused why Voss plays him up forward 2 quarters, gets 5 touches. He then chucks him in the mids finally and he gets 20+ in this quarter. Although he is a gun, should he be traded out because he is playing up forward to much??

Ringo

Quote from: dogdog on June 18, 2012, 07:03:11 PM
G'day Coaches (Specifically Ringo),
I have Tommy Rockliff in my team, I am so confused why Voss plays him up forward 2 quarters, gets 5 touches. He then chucks him in the mids finally and he gets 20+ in this quarter. Although he is a gun, should he be traded out because he is playing up forward to much??
Good evening dog
Do not really understand either what Voss is doing with Rockliff.  Thought with Black out he would spend more time in the mid field but even against West Coast he spent time forward as well. Maybe Voss is trying to drag his tagger forward as he is getting a tag sometimes but can not be certain. Zorko may need to be tagged freeing him!!!  Any he is still averaging over 100 so if you are short of trades keep him as it may be a luxury sideways trade. (I do have him). Brisbane's draw gets a little easier as well.

Mat0369

I agree that the way Voss is using Rockliff is frustrating me. When he went into the middle at the start of the 3rd he racked up the touches.

FonFatty

Need an opinion on this one guys.
I have 9 trades left and this week I am culling Treloar --> S Gibson.
I have also been considering doing the J McDonald --> J Watson trade but with McDonalds B/E @ 53 (playing his old team this week) is it worth holding off a week with the Jobe trade?
Jobe averages 79 against the Dockers from 7 outings and he also averages 79 @ Pattersons Stadium.
I have got $290k in the kitty (after the Treloar downgrade) and I have the exact $$$ to do it this week.
If McDonald spuds it up and Watson turns it on I will miss out on him next week because Watson B/E is 80.
If McDonald turns it on and Watson spuds it up I can then wait a week or 2 and generate some extra $$$ from doing this trade.
I am in a really good position in both my leagues, top 4 in both.

My team is;

Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Burgoyne, Broughton, H Shaw, Ellis (Darley, S Shaw)

Ablett, Jelwood, Pendlebury, Priddis, Shiel, McDonald (Sexton, Treloar)

Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Franklin, Sidebottom, Beams, Pavlich, J Lewis, Martin, Porplyzia (Zorko, Saad)

To complete my team I want to pick up Watson & Swan in midfield and Carrazzo in my back line.

What plan off attack would you seasoned coaches take?

Ringo

Obviusly do the Treloar downgrade this week.
If neither McDonald or Shiels are named then do the Watson upgrade but if both named just hold till next week as both will more than likely get their B/e.
Not sure of Sums but these trades to finish teams
Treloar > Gibson
McDonald/Shiel > Watson
McDonald/Shiel > Swan
Ellis>Carazzo.
You will probably have to get cash from a downgrade as well maybe one of Rucks

colmullet

Hey guys, just need an opinion...looking to pretty much finalize my team

Backs: God, Lids, Heppel, Dempsey, Eski, Hargrave, S.Shaw, (Darley, Ellis)

Mids: GAJ, Pendles, Boyd, Watson, Cotchin, Priddis, (McDonald, Zorko)

Ruck: NicNat, Giles, (Big O, Pattinson)

Fwd: Buddy, Sidebum, Danger, Chappy, Zaha, Roughy, Treloar, (Sexton, D.Smith)

8 trades left....252K in bank

Was thinking Smith -> Crozier (Keep DPP link, cash grab)
                     Ellis -> Waters
                     Treloar -> Tex Walker (Maybe a better option available? Had 512K after the first two trades)

Obviously could change when teams are named (If couch is named....and so on) Zorko and JMaC to cover Pendles and Zaha till they are back on the park....what do we think? Later down the track might spend a trade in upgrading one of Hargrave and Eski to Carrots aswell

Ringo

Quote from: colmullet on June 19, 2012, 09:52:13 PM
Hey guys, just need an opinion...looking to pretty much finalize my team

Backs: God, Lids, Heppel, Dempsey, Eski, Hargrave, S.Shaw, (Darley, Ellis)

Mids: GAJ, Pendles, Boyd, Watson, Cotchin, Priddis, (McDonald, Zorko)

Ruck: NicNat, Giles, (Big O, Pattinson)

Fwd: Buddy, Sidebum, Danger, Chappy, Zaha, Roughy, Treloar, (Sexton, D.Smith)

8 trades left....252K in bank

Was thinking Smith -> Crozier (Keep DPP link, cash grab)
                     Ellis -> Waters
                     Treloar -> Tex Walker (Maybe a better option available? Had 512K after the first two trades)

Obviously could change when teams are named (If couch is named....and so on) Zorko and JMaC to cover Pendles and Zaha till they are back on the park....what do we think? Later down the track might spend a trade in upgrading one of Hargrave and Eski to Carrots aswell
Like the Team
1st 2 trades OK
I would possibly prefer Cloke to Walker but much of a muchness and  your decision.
Leaves you 5 trades one of which will be needed for a back upgrade.

colmullet

thankx Ringo, it does leave me a little short for that last upgrade, would better options maybe be suckling/adcock down back and maybe Dusty up forward to hit form with an easier run home?

FonFatty

Quote from: Ringo on June 19, 2012, 02:20:53 PM
Obviusly do the Treloar downgrade this week.
If neither McDonald or Shiels are named then do the Watson upgrade but if both named just hold till next week as both will more than likely get their B/e.
Not sure of Sums but these trades to finish teams
Treloar > Gibson
McDonald/Shiel > Watson
McDonald/Shiel > Swan
Ellis>Carazzo.
You will probably have to get cash from a downgrade as well maybe one of Rucks
Yeah I will cull Saad as well when the time is right.
I will probably sit with Redden and Big O on bench, I am hoping to have 3 trades left after finalising my team, if all goes well in finals and no injuries, I might do an exotic upgrade/downgrade just to improve my chances in final.
Are Porps and Zorko adequate F7s? I am looking at rotating them, horses for courses style.

Babylove

So this week I'm trying to negotiate the last round of the bye and start to complete my team.

My team is:

Backs: Deledio, Goddard, H. Shaw, S.Shaw, Clarke, Darley, Guthrie (Scotland, Birchall)

Centres: Pendles, Thompson, D. Thomas, S. Selwood, D. Zorko, M. Williams (G. Ablett, S. Mitchell)

Rucks: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards: Sidebottom, Beams, Dangerfield, Walker, Treloar, Adams, Pfieffer (Franklin, Martin)

Cash $201,600

Trades: 9

So this week I am facing 4 - 5 donuts (depending on H. Shaw) providing everyone else plays.  3 (or 4) are unavoidable as they are premiums and trading them is a waste, but the other one, Pfieffer I can.  In regards to completing my team, I think that I need one more premium forward and one more premium defender (using S. Shaw/Clarke for d7).  So this week I am thinking:

Pfieffer to either Tippett or Chapman
Treloar or Adams to Elliott

Tippett is much cheaper and has a great run home, and averages only 4.3 less than Chapman, but Chapman is a part time mid.  In relation to Treloar or Adams I'm not worrying about the B/E because I think I'm going to keep whoever I don't trade as a back up and a dpp link to Zorko in the mids.  Treloar will make me more cash to use to upgrade Darley or Guthrie later (the other will probably be downgraded if there is a decent rookie) and he may be in line for a rest after last week, but before that he was averaging 80, and theoretically he's had his really bad score, where as Adams hasn't (I don't think).

Which options do you think are best?