Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 14, 2012, 05:54:13 PM
Quote from: MTTY on June 14, 2012, 05:36:39 PM
Yeah Waite's had another bad run with injury and it does make sense to trade him after Ratten said they are unsure how long he is out for. Zorko has a far greater potential scoring wise than Black and has less chance of being dropped. That being said it will cost you another 71k to get Zorko, but if your willing to do that you will have a far more solid DPP rookie to cover your players.

The fact they can't diagnose what is wrong with Waites back is what worries me.

I think these are my two options, Clarke>Shaw Waite>Priddis Dev Smith>Zorko/Black
Clarke>Shaw Horsley>Priddis Smith>Zorko/Black

I keep my mid DPP by trading Horse and holding Waite until after his bye or I lose my DPP and trade out Waite.

I am going to make cash anyway on the Smith trade so I think Zorko is the safe option in terms of JS and scoring potential.

I agree Zorko the safe bet. In my opinion the Waite trade seems best as you said they haven't been able to diagnose it yet.

Mat0369

Quote from: MTTY on June 14, 2012, 05:55:50 PM
I agree Zorko the safe bet. In my opinion the Waite trade seems best as you said they haven't been able to diagnose it yet.

The other thing I am thinking is that Horsley will drop in price if he plays this week where Waite will stay the same price. Holding Waite will have more to do with money management as well. I can trade him to Sidebottom after the bye if there is no news. I am just trying to find a way to get the most out of the cash I can get.

Locinator

Sorry guys I know you gotta do your teams now but a quick combo question trading out Giles and Marty Clarke. I know some of you will go Giles you flower but I would like another 10/20 points out of my second ruckman

1. Michael Johnson and Todd Goldstein
2. Beau Waters and 1 of Jacobs/Minson/Griffen (Please tell me who if you like this option)
3. Adcock and any Ruckman
4. Keep Giles and any Defender (Please Specify again)

Backs follow: Lids, Goddard, ???, Lake, Darley, Bootsma, Broughton (H.Shaw, Spurr
Rucks follow: Nic-Nat, ??? (Redden, Giles

Thanks Fellas great Thread

Ringo

Can you afford MJ and Jacobs rather than Goldstein as that combo would be my preference/
Options 1 & 2 mean donuts this week anyway,
Need to decide what is best for final team structure and whether now is time to do or wait and wear donuts this week.

Locinator

Ringo I got 2 donuts so far so don't care as long as I get under 3 donuts.

woofy

opponent and i have hall this week and with gold coast having their bye next week should i jump the gun and trade hall to patton? this gets rid of a donut this week and next and allows me to do a double upgrade next week. like last time hall was omitted he is yet again not even listed as an emergency so who knows when he'll play again?

cheers!

Ringo

Quote from: Locinator on June 14, 2012, 08:24:05 PM
Ringo I got 2 donuts so far so don't care as long as I get under 3 donuts.
In that case I would sit and ponder which is the better option of 1 & 2 for your team and team balance.  Waters and Johnson imo may average the same with Adcock probably 10/15 points per game behind.
Trust that helps.
Have you also considered holding Clarke until Carazzo or Scotland bottom out maybe a straight swap.

Ringo

Quote from: woofy on June 14, 2012, 08:28:40 PM
opponent and i have hall this week and with gold coast having their bye next week should i jump the gun and trade hall to patton? this gets rid of a donut this week and next and allows me to do a double upgrade next week. like last time hall was omitted he is yet again not even listed as an emergency so who knows when he'll play again?

cheers!
If your double upgrade finalises team then do.  Patton is a bit exy for a rook though but will probably give good cover for rest of year. Do you have a mid/dpp rook that you can trade Hall via to Gibson for more cash.

woofy

Quote from: Ringo on June 14, 2012, 08:33:43 PM

cheers!
If your double upgrade finalises team then do.  Patton is a bit exy for a rook though but will probably give good cover for rest of year. Do you have a mid/dpp rook that you can trade Hall via to Gibson for more cash.

crap just remembered about pattons high price for a rook. yeah i have sexton? hrmz if i do this i won't have any dpp link with the mids?

Ringo

Quote from: woofy on June 14, 2012, 08:52:15 PM

cheers!

crap just remembered about pattons high price for a rook. yeah i have sexton? hrmz if i do this i won't have any dpp link with the mids?
Do you have Zorko or Treloar in your forward line- You can then trade a mid rook to a forward via Zorks/Treloar.  That is what I intend doing with McDonald when he peaks. McDonald hopefully will become Beams/Chapman or Stevie J to complete forward line in a couple of weeks.  Leaves me with a mid bench of Zorko/Treloarand Sexton (who will probably become Gibson)

woofy

Quote from: Ringo on June 14, 2012, 09:02:12 PM
Quote from: woofy on June 14, 2012, 08:52:15 PM

cheers!

Do you have Zorko or Treloar in your forward line- You can then trade a mid rook to a forward via Zorks/Treloar.  That is what I intend doing with McDonald when he peaks. McDonald hopefully will become Beams/Chapman or Stevie J to complete forward line in a couple of weeks.  Leaves me with a mid bench of Zorko/Treloarand Sexton (who will probably become Gibson)

ablett,pendles,selwood,dal santo,priddis,horsley(jmac,sexton)

buddy,danger,sidey,chappy,martin,porps,treloar(zorko,hall)

Oh i see, so you suggest the following

Hall>gibson which moves sexton to the forward line. Then Jmac>Beams/Pav in the future? sounds good!

High chance that gibson will be sub that day huh?

Slammer

Quote from: Slammer on June 12, 2012, 06:10:38 PM
Yeah would have to agree Ringo that Magner to Priddis could be popular this week.
I am seriously considering it also but I also have other concerns with Sandi going down.

11 trades, $322K

Very disappointed in losing Pendles, Horsley, Shaw, Sandi, Malceski (Sub).
Now what to do. Had planned a Ellis or Morris to Shaw and Magner to Priddis or other premium upgrade
but with Sandi going down it throws a spanner in the works. Reckon Redden and Oren will be dropped this week.
Have to make trades but also keep in mind next week. Only going for league now but should I get in Maric this week? Or hold and cop donut if Redden and Oren don't play.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

G'day Ringo,

Sadly I didn't fully take your advice and missed out on Nic Nat. Just did the Magner to Priddis trade so far.
Thinking with Giles out I should just bite the bullet and go Morris (inj) to Shaw and Sandi to Maric.
Then after next week hopefully will have enough cash to go Ellis to Carazzo (after bye).
What do you think?
Was gonna wait to get Maric but with Giles out and Redden a possible late out I should I get him this week against GWS?

B: Godd, Lids, Shaw, Malceski, Lake, Clarke, Morris (Ellis, Darley)
M:Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Thompson, Dal Santo, Horsley (Sexton, Magner)
R: Sandi, Giles (Oren, Redden)
F: Beams, Sidey, Franklin, Martin, Harvey, Dangerfield, Treloar (Pieffer, Zorko)

Ringo

Quote from: Slammer on June 15, 2012, 01:23:55 PM
Quote from: Slammer on June 12, 2012, 06:10:38 PM
Yeah would have to agree Ringo that Magner to Priddis could be popular this week.
I am seriously considering it also but I also have other concerns with Sandi going down.

11 trades, $322K

Very disappointed in losing Pendles, Horsley, Shaw, Sandi, Malceski (Sub).
Now what to do. Had planned a Ellis or Morris to Shaw and Magner to Priddis or other premium upgrade
but with Sandi going down it throws a spanner in the works. Reckon Redden and Oren will be dropped this week.
Have to make trades but also keep in mind next week. Only going for league now but should I get in Maric this week? Or hold and cop donut if Redden and Oren don't play.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

G'day Ringo,

Sadly I didn't fully take your advice and missed out on Nic Nat. Just did the Magner to Priddis trade so far.
Thinking with Giles out I should just bite the bullet and go Morris (inj) to Shaw and Sandi to Maric.
Then after next week hopefully will have enough cash to go Ellis to Carazzo (after bye).
What do you think?
Was gonna wait to get Maric but with Giles out and Redden a possible late out I should I get him this week against GWS?

B: Godd, Lids, Shaw, Malceski, Lake, Clarke, Morris (Ellis, Darley)
M:Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Thompson, Dal Santo, Horsley (Sexton, Magner)
R: Sandi, Giles (Oren, Redden)
F: Beams, Sidey, Franklin, Martin, Harvey, Dangerfield, Treloar (Pieffer, Zorko)
I would hold the Giles trade and wear a donut.  Maric has an extremely high B/e this week with the bye next week so you would be paying virtual top dollar for him. I would still be tempted to do Giles to Nat next week if it suits your team given that he is  projected still to be 40k cheaper than Maric and with a low B/e so Round 14 both may be around the same price.
Wait till Carazzo bottoms out as well before trading in has a projected B/e of 157 so will fall again most likely in first game after bye. Both Him and Scotland are on my radar to fill last back position.

Bennyy

My simple question Im debating for the next 2 hours as I think others will be.

Who to Captain? Ablett vs Deledio.

My main opponent usually has Ablett, who knows what Abletts role will be week to week but should go good, but Lids could go crazy as well. Im unsure! Wish i had of VC Cox!

MTTY

Quote from: Bennyy on June 15, 2012, 06:42:16 PM
My simple question Im debating for the next 2 hours as I think others will be.

Who to Captain? Ablett vs Deledio.

My main opponent usually has Ablett, who knows what Abletts role will be week to week but should go good, but Lids could go crazy as well. Im unsure! Wish i had of VC Cox!

Well it depends if you want to be safe go for Ablett. But i'm currently tossing up between Goldy and Deledio. Mainly because rucks score very highly against GC and the fact that Deledio scored 160 coming off a hamstring injury against GWS pre-season.