Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: Locinator on June 13, 2012, 08:10:28 PM
A couple of questions guys.

1. Should I trade Spurr or Clarke out for Jed Adcock.
2. Should I trade the other one of Clarke and Spurr to Sam Shaw or save my trades (9 trades if I do this downgrade)
3. Should I make Nic-Nat or Priddis VC

Thanks Fellas
I would go Clarke to Adcock, Spur to Shaw and make Priddis VC.

mick_k25

Quote from: Ringo on June 13, 2012, 03:15:56 PM
Quote from: mick_k25 on June 12, 2012, 11:22:44 PM
Hi Ringo and other veterans,

I would appreciate some advice for round 12 and 13.

My team for round 12 is:

Godd, Birchall, Morris, Ellis, S Shaw, M Clarke, Dempsey, J Grimes, Golds.

Deledio, Ablett, NDS, Danger, D Pearce, Hampton, Stanton, Jelwood

Giles, Jacobs, J Redden, Stephenson

Buddy, Roughead, Treloar, Pfieffer, Dickson, A Hall, Zorko, Stevie J, Zaharakis

I have $404k and 12 trades.  (well 11 trades after Spurr --> S.Shaw) which I have already done.

Minimum of 2 donuts on the field if all get selected this week.

I know next week (round 13) I'll have more donuts but I have an easier round.

Should I use my spare 2 trades this week to get in 2 more round 11 bye DEFENDERS to help with the next 2 weeks?

Or do I wait till next week and get H.Shaw?
Maybe I should get Carazzo this week if named and cop the donut in round 13?

Obviously after the byes Deledio goes DEF and Danger goes FWD.

I don't think I can fit Priddis in the mids, so Ill probably end up getting Beams or Sidebum for Zaharakis after the bye.

Any advice on any aspect of my team would be much appreciated.
I'm a 2nd year SC player and have enjoyed reading your advice to other members of FF.

Thanks,

Mick.
I would look at upgrading Clarke to a Round 11 Defender either Hurn or Adcock if suits you. (Clarke imo has readhed his ceiling)
I would also be tempted but up to you to trade Zaha to Priddis or Scott Thompson no need to keep Danger in Mids..
Only one donut if all play and should have nice cash dependent on whether you go Priddis or Thompson.

Next week look at more upgrades/downgrades Hall, Pfeiffer should figure as well as Dickson in fiorwads or Ellis Morris in backs.  Would be good to get rid of Golds but probably stuck with him..

After byes would look at cashing in one of Reddan or Stephenson to a $94k rookie ruck with dpp eg Pattinson.  Does not need to play but gives you additional cash for final onslaught and giving you the option of moving Roughie into Rucks if something happens to Giles or Jacobs.

Thanks heaps Ringo.  All taken on board.  Ive gone Clarke --> Adcock.  Still deciding on Zaha trade --> Pridds, Thomo or even Walker in Fwd.
Next week will probably trade out both Ellis and Morris.  And also cash in Stephenson the following week.
Thanks again.  If i can work out how to cheer you I will.

MTTY

I have some free time on my hands now if anyone would like some advice.  :)

Fire away with any queries or questions.

Jp..

Quote from: MTTY on June 14, 2012, 03:52:35 PM

Your thoughts on Thomas Ledger?

I cant see him playing in the immediate future.

MTTY

Quote from: Jp.. on June 14, 2012, 04:34:51 PM
Quote from: MTTY on June 14, 2012, 03:52:35 PM

Your thoughts on Thomas Ledger?

I cant see him playing in the immediate future.

I've always though Tom Ledger was a great young player since last season's nab cup. However Watters just doesn't seem to play him, so i'd avoid him until he gets consistent games.

Jp..

Too late, had him since round 1, he's stinking up the pine!

Reckon i'll take a punt, and trade him for Gibson this week to avoid one of many donuts in Round 12/13.

MTTY

Quote from: Jp.. on June 14, 2012, 04:48:33 PM
Too late, had him since round 1, he's stinking up the pine!

Reckon i'll take a punt, and trade him for Gibson this week to avoid one of many donuts in Round 12/13.

Good move. I personally am also bringing in Gibson for Magner this week.

Mat0369

I asked this yesterday, I am looking at downgrading Dev Smith. Are there any good options other then Zorko who has already gone up in price? I have been struggling to find one

MTTY

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 14, 2012, 04:54:14 PM
I asked this yesterday, I am looking at downgrading Dev Smith. Are there any good options other then Zorko who has already gone up in price? I have been struggling to find one

Well a bit of a unique rookie (due to his high price) is Aaron Black. At $178,900 he has scored at 85 and 41 in his two games in round 9 (Vs Brisbane) and 10 (Vs Hawthorn). He has been in the system for a few years and did manage to crack one game last season. He is highly touted among North Melbourne and at 192cm is a KPP forward.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 14, 2012, 04:54:14 PM
theres a guy from north (cant remember his name),, but i would still get zorko, he will be good bench cover for the rest of the year

Mat0369

Quote from: MTTY on June 14, 2012, 04:58:02 PM
Well a bit of a unique rookie (due to his high price) is Aaron Black. At $178,900 he has scored at 85 and 41 in his two games in round 9 (Vs Brisbane) and 10 (Vs Hawthorn). He has been in the system for a few years and did manage to crack one game last season. He is highly touted among North Melbourne and at 192cm is a KPP forward.

I was looking at him as well. He is the one that stands out with his scores. Corzier is the other one but he has the bye. What worries me with Black is the fact he is a KPP. Young talls normally stuggle early in their careers and KPP are very streaky in terms of SC.

Quote from: upthemaidens on June 14, 2012, 04:59:27 PM
theres a guy from north (cant remember his name),, but i would still get zorko, he will be good bench cover for the rest of the year

Black is the guy from North. For the extra 70k I think it might be worth getting Zorko unless a new rookie is named tonight that looks to be a good option. I am still making cash regardless getting rid of Dev Smith.

Side not, I am not considering Patton a good option.

MTTY

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 14, 2012, 05:14:30 PM
Quote from: MTTY on June 14, 2012, 04:58:02 PM

I was looking at him as well. He is the one that stands out with his scores. Corzier is the other one but he has the bye. What worries me with Black is the fact he is a KPP. Young talls normally stuggle early in their careers and KPP are very streaky in terms of SC.

Quote from: upthemaidens on June 14, 2012, 04:59:27 PM

Black is the guy from North. For the extra 70k I think it might be worth getting Zorko unless a new rookie is named tonight that looks to be a good option. I am still making cash regardless getting rid of Dev Smith.

Side not, I am not considering Patton a good option.

Totally agree with you on the KPP point there Mat. The one thing that is in favour of this KPP though is he is 22 years old so is far more matured. Plus at this stage of the year will he be bench cover for you or a starter? if he is bench cover then so long as he is playing then that should be fine, especially since KPP's do not very often play as the starting sub.

Mat0369

Quote from: MTTY on June 14, 2012, 05:17:16 PM
Totally agree with you on the KPP point there Mat. The one thing that is in favour of this KPP though is he is 22 years old so is far more matured. Plus at this stage of the year will he be bench cover for you or a starter? if he is bench cover then so long as he is playing then that should be fine, especially since KPP's do not very often play as the starting sub.

I will need him to start on the field over the next couple of weeks but he will be nothing but bench coverage after that. My forward line is the last one I am looking at finishing off.

At the moment it looks like this

Dangerfield, Franklin, Chapman, Martin, O'Keefe, Saad, Waite, Treloar, Dev Smith.

I have Taylor Adams in my mids. The three trades I was looking at doing were Marty Clarke>Sam Shaw Waite>Priddis shifting Adams forward Dev Smith>??

Leaving me with this forward line for next weeks bye Danger, Buddy, Chappy, Martin, O'Keefe, Treloar, Saad, Adams, ??

I had 16 trades at the start of the round and will have 10 at the end of the byes. Zorko and Treloar look like they could both be keepers in terms of bench coverage with the scores they have been putting up and DPP flexibility.

I am tempted to hold Waite since he could come in after the bye but Ratten said he would have to come through the VFL first which makes him look like the logical option to trade.

MTTY

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 14, 2012, 05:29:11 PM
Quote from: MTTY on June 14, 2012, 05:17:16 PM

I will need him to start on the field over the next couple of weeks but he will be nothing but bench coverage after that. My forward line is the last one I am looking at finishing off.

At the moment it looks like this

Dangerfield, Franklin, Chapman, Martin, O'Keefe, Saad, Waite, Treloar, Dev Smith.

I have Taylor Adams in my mids. The three trades I was looking at doing were Marty Clarke>Sam Shaw Waite>Priddis shifting Adams forward Dev Smith>??

Leaving me with this forward line for next weeks bye Danger, Buddy, Chappy, Martin, O'Keefe, Treloar, Saad, Adams, ??

I had 16 trades at the start of the round and will have 10 at the end of the byes. Zorko and Treloar look like they could both be keepers in terms of bench coverage with the scores they have been putting up and DPP flexibility.

I am tempted to hold Waite since he could come in after the bye but Ratten said he would have to come through the VFL first which makes him look like the logical option to trade.

Yeah Waite's had another bad run with injury and it does make sense to trade him after Ratten said they are unsure how long he is out for. Zorko has a far greater potential scoring wise than Black and has less chance of being dropped. That being said it will cost you another 71k to get Zorko, but if your willing to do that you will have a far more solid DPP rookie to cover your players.

Mat0369

Quote from: MTTY on June 14, 2012, 05:36:39 PM
Yeah Waite's had another bad run with injury and it does make sense to trade him after Ratten said they are unsure how long he is out for. Zorko has a far greater potential scoring wise than Black and has less chance of being dropped. That being said it will cost you another 71k to get Zorko, but if your willing to do that you will have a far more solid DPP rookie to cover your players.

The fact they can't diagnose what is wrong with Waites back is what worries me.

I think these are my two options, Clarke>Shaw Waite>Priddis Dev Smith>Zorko/Black
Clarke>Shaw Horsley>Priddis Smith>Zorko/Black

I keep my mid DPP by trading Horse and holding Waite until after his bye or I lose my DPP and trade out Waite.

I am going to make cash anyway on the Smith trade so I think Zorko is the safe option in terms of JS and scoring potential.