Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: Slammer on June 12, 2012, 06:10:38 PM
Yeah would have to agree Ringo that Magner to Priddis could be popular this week.
I am seriously considering it also but I also have other concerns with Sandi going down.

11 trades, $322K

Very disappointed in losing Pendles, Horsley, Shaw, Sandi, Malceski (Sub).
Now what to do. Had planned a Ellis or Morris to Shaw and Magner to Priddis or other premium upgrade
but with Sandi going down it throws a spanner in the works. Reckon Redden and Oren will be dropped this week.
Have to make trades but also keep in mind next week. Only going for league now but should I get in Maric this week? Or hold and cop donut if Redden and Oren don't play.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

B: Godd, Lids, Shaw, Malceski, Lake, Clarke, Morris (Ellis, Darley)
M:Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Thompson, Dal Santo, Horsley (Sexton, Magner)
R: Sandi, Giles (Oren, Redden)
F: Beams, Sidey, Franklin, Martin, Harvey, Dangerfield, Treloar (Pieffer, Zorko)
You could look at Sandi to Nic Nat as an alternative to Maric and a bit cheaper if desired. Maric has bye next week so you would be relying on Stepho or Reddan in Round 13.  So go with gut whether you want him this week or in Round 14 if wanting him in preference to Nat.
Definitely do the other 2 Trades though  Magner to Priddis and Ellis/Morris to Shaw.
If all three are done will leave you 8 trades with 2 upgrades required so good position.

no eye deer

Hey guys, need some expert advice. I was traveling along ok in my league but starting to slip away a bit. The usual injuries plus trading in Clancee!
My team-

Def- Lids, Gods, Shaw, Scotland, Adcock, Lake, Ellis, ( Darley, Townsend)

Mids- Pendles, GAJ, Thompson, Jellwood, Priddis, Horsely (Adams, Neale)

Rucks- Cox + 3RR combo we all have.

Fwds- Buddy, Danger, Pav, Martin >:(, Pearce  :'( Treleor, Zorko ( Cameron, Smedts)

$17,600, 13 trades.

I've been trying to be conservative with my trades, but need to strengthen my team soon. I was going to go Scotland to Sam Shaw this week, with Horsley to Taylor Walker ( via DPP), then Ellis to Johnson next week. But with Scotland maybe playing I'm thinking Ellis to shaw, but doesn't leave me enough for the Horsely/ Walker trade. I would have to trade out Treleor instead maybe a week early to get Walker. Is it worth it?

I'm also worried ( with good cause!) that I'm missing out on the true guns, just when they come into consideration they smash out another huge score and I can't afford them! ( Beams, Swan, etc). Should I hang out for more cash to gain premiums or not. Don't want to  get left behind in my league. ( sitting 6th in a tough league)

Anyway, what do you fellas think about my ideas? Any betters ones out there, put 'em on the table!

mick_k25

Hi Ringo and other veterans,

I would appreciate some advice for round 12 and 13.

My team for round 12 is:

Godd, Birchall, Morris, Ellis, S Shaw, M Clarke, Dempsey, J Grimes, Golds.

Deledio, Ablett, NDS, Danger, D Pearce, Hampton, Stanton, Jelwood

Giles, Jacobs, J Redden, Stephenson

Buddy, Roughead, Treloar, Pfieffer, Dickson, A Hall, Zorko, Stevie J, Zaharakis

I have $404k and 12 trades.  (well 11 trades after Spurr --> S.Shaw) which I have already done.

Minimum of 2 donuts on the field if all get selected this week.

I know next week (round 13) I'll have more donuts but I have an easier round.

Should I use my spare 2 trades this week to get in 2 more round 11 bye DEFENDERS to help with the next 2 weeks?

Or do I wait till next week and get H.Shaw?
Maybe I should get Carazzo this week if named and cop the donut in round 13?

Obviously after the byes Deledio goes DEF and Danger goes FWD.

I don't think I can fit Priddis in the mids, so Ill probably end up getting Beams or Sidebum for Zaharakis after the bye.

Any advice on any aspect of my team would be much appreciated.
I'm a 2nd year SC player and have enjoyed reading your advice to other members of FF.

Thanks,

Mick.

Ringo

Quote from: mick_k25 on June 12, 2012, 11:22:44 PM
Hi Ringo and other veterans,

I would appreciate some advice for round 12 and 13.

My team for round 12 is:

Godd, Birchall, Morris, Ellis, S Shaw, M Clarke, Dempsey, J Grimes, Golds.

Deledio, Ablett, NDS, Danger, D Pearce, Hampton, Stanton, Jelwood

Giles, Jacobs, J Redden, Stephenson

Buddy, Roughead, Treloar, Pfieffer, Dickson, A Hall, Zorko, Stevie J, Zaharakis

I have $404k and 12 trades.  (well 11 trades after Spurr --> S.Shaw) which I have already done.

Minimum of 2 donuts on the field if all get selected this week.

I know next week (round 13) I'll have more donuts but I have an easier round.

Should I use my spare 2 trades this week to get in 2 more round 11 bye DEFENDERS to help with the next 2 weeks?

Or do I wait till next week and get H.Shaw?
Maybe I should get Carazzo this week if named and cop the donut in round 13?

Obviously after the byes Deledio goes DEF and Danger goes FWD.

I don't think I can fit Priddis in the mids, so Ill probably end up getting Beams or Sidebum for Zaharakis after the bye.

Any advice on any aspect of my team would be much appreciated.
I'm a 2nd year SC player and have enjoyed reading your advice to other members of FF.

Thanks,

Mick.
I would look at upgrading Clarke to a Round 11 Defender either Hurn or Adcock if suits you. (Clarke imo has readhed his ceiling)
I would also be tempted but up to you to trade Zaha to Priddis or Scott Thompson no need to keep Danger in Mids..
Only one donut if all play and should have nice cash dependent on whether you go Priddis or Thompson.

Next week look at more upgrades/downgrades Hall, Pfeiffer should figure as well as Dickson in fiorwads or Ellis Morris in backs.  Would be good to get rid of Golds but probably stuck with him..

After byes would look at cashing in one of Reddan or Stephenson to a $94k rookie ruck with dpp eg Pattinson.  Does not need to play but gives you additional cash for final onslaught and giving you the option of moving Roughie into Rucks if something happens to Giles or Jacobs.

Ringo

Quote from: no eye deer on June 12, 2012, 11:08:55 PM
Hey guys, need some expert advice. I was traveling along ok in my league but starting to slip away a bit. The usual injuries plus trading in Clancee!
My team-

Fwds- Buddy, Danger, Pav, Martin >:(, Pearce  :'( Treleor, Zorko ( Cameron, Smedts)

$17,600, 13 trades.

I've been trying to be conservative with my trades, but need to strengthen my team soon. I was going to go Scotland to Sam Shaw this week, with Horsley to Taylor Walker ( via DPP), then Ellis to Johnson next week. But with Scotland maybe playing I'm thinking Ellis to shaw, but doesn't leave me enough for the Horsely/ Walker trade. I would have to trade out Treleor instead maybe a week early to get Walker. Is it worth it?

I'm also worried ( with good cause!) that I'm missing out on the true guns, just when they come into consideration they smash out another huge score and I can't afford them! ( Beams, Swan, etc). Should I hang out for more cash to gain premiums or not. Don't want to  get left behind in my league. ( sitting 6th in a tough league)

Anyway, what do you fellas think about my ideas? Any betters ones out there, put 'em on the table!
Looking at your team I only see 2 donuts this week so maybe a week of no trading and a slight donut feast.  Sound harsh but there are no suitable downgrade targets apart from Shaw this week to give you cash. Do the Ellis to Shaw trade if need be to get some cash to assist next week.  Horse may have played and increased in value as he was only rested.
Would even sit if Scotland not named as it would cost more to bring another prem back in in a couple of weeks.
Need to upgrade/downgrade Horse, Adams, Cameron and Smedts to complete Team and this is quite possible with 12 trades left.

Mat0369

I ended up holding onto my trades last week and it payed off. I won my league game and I am still sitting first (dropped to 2nd in overall points but it is about wins).

I have 16 trades and $56,900 in cash

Goddard, Newman, Grimes, Dempsey, Clarke, Scotland, Spurr, Lake, Bugg
Ablett, Hayes, Jack, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Horsley, McDonald, Taylor Adams
Kreuzer, Redden, Giles, Jacobs
Franklin, Chapman, Martin, O'Keefe, Saad, Waite, Dangerfield, Treloar, Dev Smith

My team is looking good this week. Scotland could be back which is great news. The moves I am looking at making.

Clarke>Sam Shaw
Waite>Priddis moving Adams forward
Dev Smith> ??

Do these moves look ok? I need a downgrade target for Dev Smith this week.

The Priddis trade will pretty much sure up my mids. I will look at bringing in Deledio for Bugg after the bye since he should drop in price. Sidebottom needs to come into my forward line after the byes as well.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 13, 2012, 06:04:44 PM
I ended up holding onto my trades last week and it payed off. I won my league game and I am still sitting first (dropped to 2nd in overall points but it is about wins).

I have 16 trades and $56,900 in cash

Goddard, Newman, Grimes, Dempsey, Clarke, Scotland, Spurr, Lake, Bugg
Ablett, Hayes, Jack, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Horsley, McDonald, Taylor Adams
Kreuzer, Redden, Giles, Jacobs
Franklin, Chapman, Martin, O'Keefe, Saad, Waite, Dangerfield, Treloar, Dev Smith

My team is looking good this week. Scotland could be back which is great news. The moves I am looking at making.

Clarke>Sam Shaw
Waite>Priddis moving Adams forward
Dev Smith> ??

Do these moves look ok? I need a downgrade target for Dev Smith this week.

The Priddis trade will pretty much sure up my mids. I will look at bringing in Deledio for Bugg after the bye since he should drop in price. Sidebottom needs to come into my forward line after the byes as well.
maybe get zorko in.. hes not a big cash maker now that hes had a few price increases, but he will be good bench coverage for the rest of the year..  how long is waite out for?, it may be worth keeping him .. all'n'all pretty decent team considering u have that many trades left..  oh and u may need to look into getting franklin in aswell at some point

Mat0369

Quote from: upthemaidens on June 13, 2012, 06:27:00 PM
maybe get zorko in.. hes not a big cash maker now that hes had a few price increases, but he will be good bench coverage for the rest of the year..  how long is waite out for?, it may be worth keeping him .. all'n'all pretty decent team considering u have that many trades left..  oh and u may need to look into getting franklin in aswell at some point

They have said at least another fortnight for Waite and he will have to go through the VFL since he can not run and has lost all his fitness. It looks a lot better then the 6 weeks Ratten said he would miss last week but if they have no idea what is wrong with him it is not a good sign. Zorko could be an option. He has been scoring well and I still make 60k trading Smith to him. I already have Buddy in my team.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 13, 2012, 06:37:37 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on June 13, 2012, 06:27:00 PM

They have said at least another fortnight for Waite and he will have to go through the VFL since he can not run and has lost all his fitness. It looks a lot better then the 6 weeks Ratten said he would miss last week but if they have no idea what is wrong with him it is not a good sign. Zorko could be an option. He has been scoring well and I still make 60k trading Smith to him. I already have Buddy in my team.
oh sorry u do too...    well with waite then maybe its worth moving him on,  the waite-priddis trade is a good move. certainly will help for the the rest of the byes..
also dont expect to many more games from mcdonald,, probably wont be good bench cover.

Mat0369

Quote from: upthemaidens on June 13, 2012, 06:47:44 PM
oh sorry u do too...    well with waite then maybe its worth moving him on,  the waite-priddis trade is a good move. certainly will help for the the rest of the byes..
also dont expect to many more games from mcdonald,, probably wont be good bench cover.

I am hoping to get a bit more cash from McDonald before offloading him. I could almost do a straight swap for one of Mundy, Ziebell, Boomer Harvey or Moloney in a couple of weeks who will be my bench midfield option if there are no good downgrade targets. 

upthemaidens

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 13, 2012, 06:56:08 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on June 13, 2012, 06:47:44 PM

I am hoping to get a bit more cash from McDonald before offloading him. I could almost do a straight swap for one of Mundy, Ziebell, Boomer Harvey or Moloney in a couple of weeks who will be my bench midfield option if there are no good downgrade targets.
fair enough sounds like a plan :)   if u do trade him to a semi-premium EMG.cover, try to get a DPP.

Mat0369

Quote from: upthemaidens on June 13, 2012, 07:06:45 PM
fair enough sounds like a plan :)   if u do trade him to a semi-premium EMG.cover, try to get a DPP.

Treloar is looking like a keeper in terms of bench cover. I could use McDonald to upgrade my forwards in a couple of weeks. He could be the player I trade out for Sidebottom and I move Treloar into the mids as bench cover as well. I just see more cash still coming from McDonald hence the reason I will keep him at this point in time.

no eye deer

Quote from: Ringo on June 13, 2012, 03:27:23 PM
My team-

$17,600, 13 trades.

Looking at your team I only see 2 donuts this week so maybe a week of no trading and a slight donut feast.  Sound harsh but there are no suitable downgrade targets apart from Shaw this week to give you cash. Do the Ellis to Shaw trade if need be to get some cash to assist next week.  Horse may have played and increased in value as he was only rested.
Would even sit if Scotland not named as it would cost more to bring another prem back in in a couple of weeks.
Need to upgrade/downgrade Horse, Adams, Cameron and Smedts to complete Team and this is quite possible with 12 trades left.

Thanks for your advice mate. What do you think about Walker? I know he's  a kpp, but is going well and Adelaide have a tasty run home. His BE is only 31 and averaging 110 in his last 5 games. I think I need to get him now, but do you think It's too early to unload Treloar? BE of 27, I suppose I could wait another week and hope he has a blinder and Walker doesn't. Think I'm going to go Ellis to shaw though, as def rooks are hard to come by.

Locinator

A couple of questions guys.

1. Should I trade Spurr or Clarke out for Jed Adcock.
2. Should I trade the other one of Clarke and Spurr to Sam Shaw or save my trades (9 trades if I do this downgrade)
3. Should I make Nic-Nat or Priddis VC

Thanks Fellas

Ringo

Quote from: no eye deer on June 13, 2012, 07:25:01 PM
Quote from: Ringo on June 13, 2012, 03:27:23 PM
My team-

$17,600, 13 trades.

Thanks for your advice mate. What do you think about Walker? I know he's  a kpp, but is going well and Adelaide have a tasty run home. His BE is only 31 and averaging 110 in his last 5 games. I think I need to get him now, but do you think It's too early to unload Treloar? BE of 27, I suppose I could wait another week and hope he has a blinder and Walker doesn't. Think I'm going to go Ellis to shaw though, as def rooks are hard to come by.
Interesting decision on Walker  Is it worth waiting a week and hope Treloar gains significant cash more than Walker whose B/e is 44. I think this one could be a toss of coin but go with your gut feeling whether to get Walker this week/