Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 08, 2012, 04:34:30 PM
Quote from: Ringo on June 07, 2012, 09:22:50 PM
Would be tempted to go McDonald/Smith to Sexton this week to capitalise on his small only cash rise last week.  Has a huge negative B/e as well and will gain cash for you.
With a further 15 trades left I would look at taking advantage of the three trades options in the next 2 weeks to finish team leaving you 9 trades for final assault.

What do you think Sextons job security will be like? I don't want to pick up another Hall/Spurr type player who will get dropped next week. I saw him in his first couple of games and I thought he would be out of the team the next week but I missed last week and I am not sure how he went. If he looks like a decent option over the byes I might pull the trigger because I need as many players with good job security as possible

On a side not, is this midfield good enough to finish the season with or should I look at making some upgrades?

Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Priddis, Hayes, Jack.

Kieran Jack has been very good over the last 3 weeks averaging 141.7 (Highest in the AFL over this period of time). Hayes was going to be my bottom mid but I think Jack might actually be worth hanging onto as a keeper now.
No one really knows the answer on JS but of the downgrade options we have available at the moment he probably offers the safest.

Will be a nice unique mid field for you with Jack and Hayes there,  Jack showing good potential this year  and could be a good POD in League games.

Colliwobblers

will priddis significantly outscore scotty selwood over the rest of the season in SC ?

COLOSS11

Quote from: Ringo on June 08, 2012, 06:44:48 PM
Quote from: COLOSS11 on June 08, 2012, 10:42:37 AM
Hi Coaches,

Im unsure on what to do with the byes. Im either first or second in all of my leagues, but these byes have got me stumped. I have 15 trades remaining with 190k in the bank.

My team (out this week)

Goddard, Delids, Broughton, Melcho, Morris, Ellis, (Shaw, Spurr, Lake)
Abs, Selwood, Dal (Boyd, Cogs, Horsley, Zorko, Ledger)
Sands, Stephenson (Giles, Redden)
Franklin, Chappy, Sidey, Roughead, Martin, Hall (Danger, Smith, Cameron)

As is I'll have 9 out next week but 4 fwds, and R13 I'll have 13 out, 4fwds, 4mid, 1ruck, 4back.

Any thought please?
Just bear in mind any trades you make now will be transferred to Rounds 12 & 13 so you may be better to just do  another downgrade this week and I would do Smith to Elliott or Sexton for extra cash.
With then 14 trades left I would be utilising the three trades each week to finish off your team nicely. Cogs is out for 4 weeks with a hand injury so he is an obvious upgrade target for your mids next week. Is it Heath Shaw or Sam Shaw in Defence.  I am assuming Sam but if Heath you can take some of these numbers off.
So I see you requiring 2 upgrades in Defence (assuming Sam Shaw); 2 in Mids and 1 in forwards to complete team.  Would envisage 8/9 to get there with downgrades/upgrades leaving you 5/6 for finals.
So do not worry to much about bye donuts as you are well placed in leagues - Have a look at opponents teams and decide whether you need to trade to counter but remember any trade must be for the betterment of your team as the aim is not to win during byes but in Round 23.
Cheers..
Yeah I did realize what trades I make now will affect me more so in the next 2 rounds. Been doing a bit thinkin this arvo and came up with this;
Downgrade smith/horsley, then upgrade Cogs to Priddis. I know he has a bye this week but my thoughts are if I trade a r11 bye for a r11 bye prem then this will not affect me in the coming weeks and then gives me the use of the full 3 trades next week. What are you thoughts?
The shaw in me team is Heath. So only 4 upgrades required and 3 if I get in Priddis.

Ringo

See the logic Colloss and you were getting Priddis anyway so may as well do now and keep the three trades next week as you say to help finish team.  Well done with your trading so far and the team you are putting together.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on June 08, 2012, 06:48:40 PM

No one really knows the answer on JS but of the downgrade options we have available at the moment he probably offers the safest.

Will be a nice unique mid field for you with Jack and Hayes there,  Jack showing good potential this year  and could be a good POD in League games.

I had to rush off to the game before I could read this. I just sat tight this week and will look at using 3 trades each week over the next two byes.

GCSkiwi

Hi coaches, looking for advice on my last trade options

Team:
D: Lids, God, Waters, Scotland, Hargrave, Smedts, Spurr (Bugg, S. Shaw)
M: GAJ, Pendles, Boyd, Selwood, Priddis, Magner (JMac, Zorko)
f: Buddy, Danger, Chappy, Sidey, Pav, Martin, Pfieffer (Treloar, Adams)

(Rucks are Cox, Giles, Redden, Stephenson but won't be changing them, I'm happy to keep Giles)

$67,500 in the bank but the issue is only 9 trades left. Going for league as injuries and a couple of unlucky/unwise decisions will cost me getting up there overall (which was never a real goal anyway). I'm 7-2 so far (have definitely won this week) with an easier run home.

Bolded players are the one's I'm thinking of giving the axe eventually, one of Pfieffer or Zorko will stay most likely.
The way I see it, I have 3D, 1M and 1 F spots to fill.

So, the two things I would like advice on:
1) Hargrave - I'm torn on him as upgrading to fill my last spots will use all my remaining trades, I'll be relying on Bench and DPP to cover any finals injuries. Hargrave will play, whereas Smedts/Spurr are looking very dud-like. However, I get much more money selling him and keeping one of Smedts or Spurr, with less bench security. Should he stay as a benchy or should he go?

2) Players to bring in: 1M will 99.9% surely by Scotty Thompson once he's bottomed out. 1F out of Beams or Goodes, any other suggestions? Defenders, I'll get Heater but the other 2 spots are a bit in the air, thinking maybe Hurn and Broughton? But happy for any suggestions... It will come down to $ in the end on both questions really...

Cheers

boneman

Need to make a decision on a trade early today due to going off the grid for the week.

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Lake, Morris, Ellis, Townsend, Spurr (Shaw.H, Broughton)
Mid: Ablett, Boyd, Montagna, McDonald, Adams, Ledger (Selwood.J, Pendlebury)
Ruck: Giles, Redden (Stephenson, Sandilands)
For: Franklin, Riewoldt.N, Martin, Dangerfield, Zorko, Treloar, Hall (Smith.D, Sidebottom)

Trade 1: McDonald - Priddis
Will keep my DPP in the Mid/For with this trade.

Trade 2: Sandilands - ???

Can't afford Cox by about $40k so am looking at the following...

Naitanui - Consistent scores of 100-110. Injured early in the year but can see WCE having him fit and firing for finals assualt.
Ryder - Has the bye so would have to wait till next week
Goldstein - Not sure on him with the way North are playing this year.

The other option is to make a third trade Ellis/Morris - Sam Shaw
Will free up some cash to get Cox or Maric straight in and the backline does need a downgrade sooner rather than later.

Should I pull the trigger and make some trades now or hold off for next week and hope Cox drops price alot. Will miss out on Shaw for a downgrade though.

Noz

Sylvia has bottomed out at the 320k mark and I know he hasn't had a good year and is that price for a reason but could he be a bargain replacement for Zaharakis or is it more safer going for Taylor Walker.

Forward line is: Franklin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Martin, Lewis, Cloke, Zaharakis (Hall, Zorko)

With not many trades left and 2 more upgrades till I finish my team could I take a risk and keep Zaha and play Zorko?

Ringo

Quote from: GCSkiwi on June 11, 2012, 05:33:10 PM
Hi coaches, looking for advice on my last trade options

Team:
D: Lids, God, Waters, Scotland, Hargrave, Smedts, Spurr (Bugg, S. Shaw)
M: GAJ, Pendles, Boyd, Selwood, Priddis, Magner (JMac, Zorko)
f: Buddy, Danger, Chappy, Sidey, Pav, Martin, Pfieffer (Treloar, Adams)

(Rucks are Cox, Giles, Redden, Stephenson but won't be changing them, I'm happy to keep Giles)

$67,500 in the bank but the issue is only 9 trades left. Going for league as injuries and a couple of unlucky/unwise decisions will cost me getting up there overall (which was never a real goal anyway). I'm 7-2 so far (have definitely won this week) with an easier run home.

Bolded players are the one's I'm thinking of giving the axe eventually, one of Pfieffer or Zorko will stay most likely.
The way I see it, I have 3D, 1M and 1 F spots to fill.

So, the two things I would like advice on:
1) Hargrave - I'm torn on him as upgrading to fill my last spots will use all my remaining trades, I'll be relying on Bench and DPP to cover any finals injuries. Hargrave will play, whereas Smedts/Spurr are looking very dud-like. However, I get much more money selling him and keeping one of Smedts or Spurr, with less bench security. Should he stay as a benchy or should he go?

2) Players to bring in: 1M will 99.9% surely by Scotty Thompson once he's bottomed out. 1F out of Beams or Goodes, any other suggestions? Defenders, I'll get Heater but the other 2 spots are a bit in the air, thinking maybe Hurn and Broughton? But happy for any suggestions... It will come down to $ in the end on both questions really...

Cheers
1) I would not worry too much about Hargrave.  He is a much better option than Smedts/Spur as you say.  If you have trades left for finals look at upgrading him then if need be.  At 7/2 you should easily make finals so no point in wasting trades now.
2)  Scotty Thompson or Priddis for last mid is fine. Another forward worh considering given Crows easy run home may be Taylor Walker if $ are a consideration as Beams is getting expensive at the moment.  With regards Defence  those suggestions are ok but I will through in Waters after his suspension, Johnson from Freo (slightly cheaper than Broughton and scoring just as well) and as a roughie Grimes (at a good price) from Melbourne ball will be mostly in their back half.

Ringo

Quote from: boneman on June 12, 2012, 09:39:28 AM
Need to make a decision on a trade early today due to going off the grid for the week.

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Lake, Morris, Ellis, Townsend, Spurr (Shaw.H, Broughton)
Mid: Ablett, Boyd, Montagna, McDonald, Adams, Ledger (Selwood.J, Pendlebury)
Ruck: Giles, Redden (Stephenson, Sandilands)
For: Franklin, Riewoldt.N, Martin, Dangerfield, Zorko, Treloar, Hall (Smith.D, Sidebottom)

Trade 1: McDonald - Priddis
Will keep my DPP in the Mid/For with this trade.

Trade 2: Sandilands - ???

Can't afford Cox by about $40k so am looking at the following...

Naitanui - Consistent scores of 100-110. Injured early in the year but can see WCE having him fit and firing for finals assualt.
Ryder - Has the bye so would have to wait till next week
Goldstein - Not sure on him with the way North are playing this year.

The other option is to make a third trade Ellis/Morris - Sam Shaw
Will free up some cash to get Cox or Maric straight in and the backline does need a downgrade sooner rather than later.

Should I pull the trigger and make some trades now or hold off for next week and hope Cox drops price alot. Will miss out on Shaw for a downgrade though.
Just personal opinions for you and go with gut.
If You have 10 or more trades then I would do these 3 trades this week.
McDonald to Priddis
Morris/Ellis to Sam Shaw gives cash but also gets rid of one of your Round 13 Def bye.
Sandi to Nic Nat plus another $27k or Maric if that is your preferred and cash allows

If less than 10 trades just do the first 2 but up to you. Priddis though is a must for you if he is your final mid selection as price is at lowest.

Ringo

Quote from: Noz on June 12, 2012, 11:19:26 AM
Sylvia has bottomed out at the 320k mark and I know he hasn't had a good year and is that price for a reason but could he be a bargain replacement for Zaharakis or is it more safer going for Taylor Walker.

Forward line is: Franklin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Martin, Lewis, Cloke, Zaharakis (Hall, Zorko)

With not many trades left and 2 more upgrades till I finish my team could I take a risk and keep Zaha and play Zorko?
If you are happy to cop a donut in the forward line for each of the next 2 rounds then keep Zaha. Zorko is scoring well enough at the moment to be F7 cover so long as he keeps it up. Would not touch Sylvia had him last year and regreeted it with injuries and suspensions.

colmullet

hey guys, quick opinion

Backs: Lids, Goddard, Heppel, Dempsey, Eski, Hargrave, Clarke (Ellis, Darley)

Mids: GAJ, Pendles, Boyd, Watson, Cotchin, Magner (McDonald, Zorko)

Ruck: Sandi, Giles (Big O, Pattinson)

Forward: Buddy, Sidebum, Danger, Chappy, Roughy, Zaha, Treloar, (Sexton, D.Smith)

11 trades, 205K Bank

Was going
Magner -> Priddis (finish mids+donut aversion)
Eski/Clarke?? -> S. Shaw (cash grab+donut aversion)
3rd trade?
Sandi -> Nic Nat (or wait a week or two and grab ryder, griffen, mummy, mcevoy.....)
Zaha - Tex (donut aversion)
Eski - Adcock (donut aversion)

but just wondering if im to low on trades to think about trading eski or zaha and may have to hold them both and hope for the best until finals

Ringo

Quote from: colmullet on June 12, 2012, 02:27:58 PM
hey guys, quick opinion

Backs: Lids, Goddard, Heppel, Dempsey, Eski, Hargrave, Clarke (Ellis, Darley)

Mids: GAJ, Pendles, Boyd, Watson, Cotchin, Magner (McDonald, Zorko)

Ruck: Sandi, Giles (Big O, Pattinson)

Forward: Buddy, Sidebum, Danger, Chappy, Roughy, Zaha, Treloar, (Sexton, D.Smith)

11 trades, 205K Bank

Was going
Magner -> Priddis (finish mids+donut aversion)
Eski/Clarke?? -> S. Shaw (cash grab+donut aversion)
3rd trade?
Sandi -> Nic Nat (or wait a week or two and grab ryder, griffen, mummy, mcevoy.....)
Zaha - Tex (donut aversion)
Eski - Adcock (donut aversion)

but just wondering if im to low on trades to think about trading eski or zaha and may have to hold them both and hope for the best until finals

With 11 trades you are still reasonably placed.
Magner to Priddis will be a popular trade this week. (I will definitely be doing this one as well) and finishes mids as you say
Go with gut on Eski or Clarke to Shaw. Probably a toss of the coin especially with Malceski being given wake up call.
Sandi being out for 10 weeks would go straight to Nat but again go with gut if you consider your other options will score better than Nat.
Walker trade worth considering considering Crows draw but will he and Tippett be fighting each week for the points as has been the case.
If you do 3 trades leaves you 8 with only one upgrade rqeuired in forwards. Set for finals well done.

Slammer

Yeah would have to agree Ringo that Magner to Priddis could be popular this week.
I am seriously considering it also but I also have other concerns with Sandi going down.

11 trades, $322K

Very disappointed in losing Pendles, Horsley, Shaw, Sandi, Malceski (Sub).
Now what to do. Had planned a Ellis or Morris to Shaw and Magner to Priddis or other premium upgrade
but with Sandi going down it throws a spanner in the works. Reckon Redden and Oren will be dropped this week.
Have to make trades but also keep in mind next week. Only going for league now but should I get in Maric this week? Or hold and cop donut if Redden and Oren don't play.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

B: Godd, Lids, Shaw, Malceski, Lake, Clarke, Morris (Ellis, Darley)
M:Ablett, Pendles, Boyd, Thompson, Dal Santo, Horsley (Sexton, Magner)
R: Sandi, Giles (Oren, Redden)
F: Beams, Sidey, Franklin, Martin, Harvey, Dangerfield, Treloar (Pieffer, Zorko)

colmullet

thankx guys, i think ill go with clarke to shaw and sandi to nic nat plus the priddis trade, leaves me 8 trades, 250K and two on field rookies (excluding Giles) so should be able to upgrade those and have 5-6 trades left for the finals