Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boneman

Quote from: Ringo on June 01, 2012, 08:39:45 PM
Leave the final decision to you.  No point in downgrading to a rookie you are not comfortable with.

Cheers Ringo I appreciate your advice AGAIN!  :D I think I will hold and might look at conceding Round 11 with the number of GWS players I have. I figure the trade(s) I don't use tonight could become handy down the track.

batt

Hey guys, just a quick question. 

Trade plan is all set out for the byes and @ round 14 I'll have 8 trades left and 1 starting rookie.  Is 8 enough for the final 9 rounds?  Granted I should be doing one up/down to complete my team I'll effectively have 6 trades for cover.  Enough?

Cheers.

Ringo

Quote from: batt on June 04, 2012, 11:02:24 PM
Hey guys, just a quick question. 

Trade plan is all set out for the byes and @ round 14 I'll have 8 trades left and 1 starting rookie.  Is 8 enough for the final 9 rounds?  Granted I should be doing one up/down to complete my team I'll effectively have 6 trades for cover.  Enough?

Cheers.
Like a lot of us injuries have left us with less trades than we would have liked.  6 trades should be sufficient for rest of season if team set. (2 for LTI's loss of form if required and 4 for finals.) Have said 6 assuming you are doing downgrade/upgrade for final rookie.

BoredSaint

How many trades should we have for finals??

I've had a terrible season so far and just gonna wing the byes.. But ive only got 10 trades now and still 2 back rookies playing, 2 mid rookies playing and porps as F7 :(

Ringo

Quote from: BoredSaint on June 05, 2012, 06:28:30 PM
How many trades should we have for finals??

I've had a terrible season so far and just gonna wing the byes.. But ive only got 10 trades now and still 2 back rookies playing, 2 mid rookies playing and porps as F7 :(
I would suggest minimum of 4 as we now in the last 2 years GS set in in the Final game.
Everyone though has their own idea because you have to consider where placed in leagues as it is not good to not make finals with 4/6 trades left so you just have to tailor for your individual circumstance.

Babylove

So this is my team:

Def: Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Scotland, Hargrave, Clarke, Darley (Ellis, Guthrie)

Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Thomas, S. Selwood, Horsley (McDonald, Zorko)

Ruck: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

For: Franklin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Beams, Martin, Treloar, Pfieffer (Adams, Hall)

Cash $474,800
Trades 14

My dilemma is that Horesly looks like he has hit his ceiling and if I were to trade him now would be the time. My ideal replacement would be one of the. Adelaide boys Sloane (cheaper,POD) or Thompson (proven SCer). However Adelaide have the bye and I'm holding onto Pendles meaning quite a few donuts this weekend, though fewer for the other bye rounds. Do I take the pain this weekend and trade? If so which option is better? If not what do you suggest I do with Horesly?

Colliwobblers

horsley will drop but not much and you need him to cover you round 11 and 12, right time to trade him is after round 12, what i will be doing.

as long as he is playing that is.

good time to get swan or stanton also after round 12 they will both drop in price after thier round 11 games. Boyd another solid option or priddis if your in financial trouble :)

others may see it difeerently :)

Ringo

Quote from: Babylove on June 05, 2012, 11:29:02 PM
So this is my team:

Def: Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Scotland, Hargrave, Clarke, Darley (Ellis, Guthrie)

Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Thomas, S. Selwood, Horsley (McDonald, Zorko)

Ruck: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

For: Franklin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Beams, Martin, Treloar, Pfieffer (Adams, Hall)

Cash $474,800
Trades 14

My dilemma is that Horesly looks like he has hit his ceiling and if I were to trade him now would be the time. My ideal replacement would be one of the. Adelaide boys Sloane (cheaper,POD) or Thompson (proven SCer). However Adelaide have the bye and I'm holding onto Pendles meaning quite a few donuts this weekend, though fewer for the other bye rounds. Do I take the pain this weekend and trade? If so which option is better? If not what do you suggest I do with Horesly?
Agree with Colli on Horsley - You need him as bye coverage for the next 2 weeks. If he is dropped however that changes the ball game.  Will not drop a lot in price.  Your trading strategy this week should revolve around your Round 11 Rookies  even if just gaining cash, McDonald to Sexton would be advantageous if named.

The Bomber

Hey guys just wondering on what your opinion is on Lewis. Should I carry him through the byes or trade him to cheap Cloke. I want to get some cash if I am trading him because then I can use only one downgrade trade to bring in Scott Thompson rd 13. I have 3 upgrades to go, 13 trades in the bank as of today. He hasn't scored well at all since I brought him in and getting Cloke is going to affect my team the same way it did as if I have Lewis. Just the extra donut is in rd 13.

I essentially want to downgrade him, should I?

Mat0369

So I am looking at quite a few nuts this week. My team currently looks like this with the outs in bold

Goddard, Newman, Grimes, Dempsey, Clarke, Scotland, Spurr, Lake, Bugg
Ablett, Hayes, Jack, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Horsley, McDonald, Taylor Adams
Kreuzer, Redden, Giles, Jacobs
Franklin, Chapman, Martin, O'Keefe, Saad, Waite, Dangerfield, Treloar, Dev Smith

I have 16 trades and $56,900 in cash.

I am in the position in my league where I can afford to drop a couple of games over the bye weeks. I am sitting up top undefeated (most points for. I have tried to manage my trades according to teams I have come up against. If I was up against a weaker team I saved the trades and went with the 0's.

I am tempted to hold my trades this week as I am coming up against a weaker team (our league was merged pre season and the merger teams are all pretty weak) who is going to be screwed by the byes. Looking at the teams before trades he is going to have 5 0's in the backs to my 2, 1 0 in the mids to my 3, 1 in the ruck to my potential 0 and 4 in the forwards to my 3.

Since whoever I trade to will have to go through a bye, am I best holding my trades this week since I am in the position to?

Ringo

Quote from: The Bomber on June 06, 2012, 11:25:18 AM
Hey guys just wondering on what your opinion is on Lewis. Should I carry him through the byes or trade him to cheap Cloke. I want to get some cash if I am trading him because then I can use only one downgrade trade to bring in Scott Thompson rd 13. I have 3 upgrades to go, 13 trades in the bank as of today. He hasn't scored well at all since I brought him in and getting Cloke is going to affect my team the same way it did as if I have Lewis. Just the extra donut is in rd 13.

I essentially want to downgrade him, should I?
Assuming you are doing upgrades downgrades to complete team that will be a maximum of 6 trades. Leaves you 7 trades and if you do Lewis to Cloke will leave 6. If wanting to trade will do this week as Cloke has a low B/e compared to Lewis's high b/e.  Worth it if you are comfortable with 6 trades left.

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 07, 2012, 08:06:12 PM
So I am looking at quite a few nuts this week. My team currently looks like this with the outs in bold

Goddard, Newman, Grimes, Dempsey, Clarke, Scotland, Spurr, Lake, Bugg
Ablett, Hayes, Jack, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Horsley, McDonald, Taylor Adams
Kreuzer, Redden, Giles, Jacobs
Franklin, Chapman, Martin, O'Keefe, Saad, Waite, Dangerfield, Treloar, Dev Smith

I have 16 trades and $56,900 in cash.

I am in the position in my league where I can afford to drop a couple of games over the bye weeks. I am sitting up top undefeated (most points for. I have tried to manage my trades according to teams I have come up against. If I was up against a weaker team I saved the trades and went with the 0's.

I am tempted to hold my trades this week as I am coming up against a weaker team (our league was merged pre season and the merger teams are all pretty weak) who is going to be screwed by the byes. Looking at the teams before trades he is going to have 5 0's in the backs to my 2, 1 0 in the mids to my 3, 1 in the ruck to my potential 0 and 4 in the forwards to my 3.

Since whoever I trade to will have to go through a bye, am I best holding my trades this week since I am in the position to?
Would be tempted to go McDonald/Smith to Sexton this week to capitalise on his small only cash rise last week.  Has a huge negative B/e as well and will gain cash for you.
With a further 15 trades left I would look at taking advantage of the three trades options in the next 2 weeks to finish team leaving you 9 trades for final assault.

COLOSS11

Hi Coaches,

Im unsure on what to do with the byes. Im either first or second in all of my leagues, but these byes have got me stumped. I have 15 trades remaining with 190k in the bank.

My team (out this week)

Goddard, Delids, Broughton, Melcho, Morris, Ellis, (Shaw, Spurr, Lake)
Abs, Selwood, Dal (Boyd, Cogs, Horsley, Zorko, Ledger)
Sands, Stephenson (Giles, Redden)
Franklin, Chappy, Sidey, Roughead, Martin, Hall (Danger, Smith, Cameron)

As is I'll have 9 out next week but 4 fwds, and R13 I'll have 13 out, 4fwds, 4mid, 1ruck, 4back.

Any thought please?

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on June 07, 2012, 09:22:50 PM
Would be tempted to go McDonald/Smith to Sexton this week to capitalise on his small only cash rise last week.  Has a huge negative B/e as well and will gain cash for you.
With a further 15 trades left I would look at taking advantage of the three trades options in the next 2 weeks to finish team leaving you 9 trades for final assault.

What do you think Sextons job security will be like? I don't want to pick up another Hall/Spurr type player who will get dropped next week. I saw him in his first couple of games and I thought he would be out of the team the next week but I missed last week and I am not sure how he went. If he looks like a decent option over the byes I might pull the trigger because I need as many players with good job security as possible

On a side not, is this midfield good enough to finish the season with or should I look at making some upgrades?

Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Priddis, Hayes, Jack.

Kieran Jack has been very good over the last 3 weeks averaging 141.7 (Highest in the AFL over this period of time). Hayes was going to be my bottom mid but I think Jack might actually be worth hanging onto as a keeper now.

Ringo

Quote from: COLOSS11 on June 08, 2012, 10:42:37 AM
Hi Coaches,

Im unsure on what to do with the byes. Im either first or second in all of my leagues, but these byes have got me stumped. I have 15 trades remaining with 190k in the bank.

My team (out this week)

Goddard, Delids, Broughton, Melcho, Morris, Ellis, (Shaw, Spurr, Lake)
Abs, Selwood, Dal (Boyd, Cogs, Horsley, Zorko, Ledger)
Sands, Stephenson (Giles, Redden)
Franklin, Chappy, Sidey, Roughead, Martin, Hall (Danger, Smith, Cameron)

As is I'll have 9 out next week but 4 fwds, and R13 I'll have 13 out, 4fwds, 4mid, 1ruck, 4back.

Any thought please?
Just bear in mind any trades you make now will be transferred to Rounds 12 & 13 so you may be better to just do  another downgrade this week and I would do Smith to Elliott or Sexton for extra cash.
With then 14 trades left I would be utilising the three trades each week to finish off your team nicely. Cogs is out for 4 weeks with a hand injury so he is an obvious upgrade target for your mids next week. Is it Heath Shaw or Sam Shaw in Defence.  I am assuming Sam but if Heath you can take some of these numbers off.
So I see you requiring 2 upgrades in Defence (assuming Sam Shaw); 2 in Mids and 1 in forwards to complete team.  Would envisage 8/9 to get there with downgrades/upgrades leaving you 5/6 for finals.
So do not worry to much about bye donuts as you are well placed in leagues - Have a look at opponents teams and decide whether you need to trade to counter but remember any trade must be for the betterment of your team as the aim is not to win during byes but in Round 23.