Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: Ace on May 31, 2012, 10:29:08 AM
Hey all, Great site & would appreciate some advise / help on my team.

Cash at the moment $93,100 & 15 trades left.

Backs Delideo, God, Scotland, Shaw, Clarke, Lake, Ellis. Smedts / Spurr.

Mids Pendles, Jelwood, Ablett, Sewell, Barlow, Horse. Hampton / Doherty.

Rucks Jacobs, Giles. Redden / Stephenson.

Fwd Sidey, Danger, Buddy, Zaha, Pav, Martin, Zorko. Treloar / Paine.

Thinking 1 Trade of Clarke to Darley this week subject to teams announced, builds up the kitty for the byes upcoming. JS is my worry as would be a lot of others concerns.

Thanks for any input.
Only concern I have with the trade is the reliance on Spurr, Darley and Smedts to cover one position and two emergencies. Spurr dropped by Freo and Smedts in and out of Geelong teams and been sub or subbed as well.
Maybe look at upgrading Clarke and downgrading one of Ellis, Smedts or Spurr.

Marcos83

Thnx ringo for your help and great effort that you put in.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Ace on May 31, 2012, 10:29:08 AM
Hey all, Great site & would appreciate some advise / help on my team.

Cash at the moment $93,100 & 15 trades left.

Backs Delideo, God, Scotland, Shaw, Clarke, Lake, Ellis. Smedts / Spurr.

Mids Pendles, Jelwood, Ablett, Sewell, Barlow, Horse. Hampton / Doherty.

Rucks Jacobs, Giles. Redden / Stephenson.

Fwd Sidey, Danger, Buddy, Zaha, Pav, Martin, Zorko. Treloar / Paine.

Thinking 1 Trade of Clarke to Darley this week subject to teams announced, builds up the kitty for the byes upcoming. JS is my worry as would be a lot of others concerns.

Thanks for any input.
keep clarke for the time being and look at either double downgrade or up/down on 2 of the 3 ellis,smedts or spurr..
    also (i know its a luxury trade) i would look at getting rid of sewell (hes really not a premium mid)

Locinator

Which round 13 midfielder Cotchin, Juddy or Nicky Dal

Midfield is: Gazza, Pendles, Jelwood, Rocky, ???, Horsely, James Mcdonald, Neale

Jay

Quote from: Locinator on May 31, 2012, 08:22:11 PM
Which round 13 midfielder Cotchin, Juddy or Nicky Dal

Midfield is: Gazza, Pendles, Jelwood, Rocky, ???, Horsely, James Mcdonald, Neale
Dal...closely followed by Cotch

Mat0369

I am looking at my team and trying to prepare for the coming bye weeks.

I have $187,500 and 17 trades. My current team is

Goddard Scotland Newman Grimes Lake Clarke Dempsey Bugg Spurr
Ablett Pendlebury Rockliff Hayes Jack McDonald Horsley Adams
Jacobs Kreuzer Giles Redden
Franklin Dangerfield Martin Chapman Porplyzia Devon Smith Treloar Saad Waite

Waite is out injured but has the round 13 bye and is expected back next week. He is worth holding onto for at least one more week. My backs look pretty set for the round 11 bye. I am hoping Spurr comes back in which means a full line. I have 3 round 11 byes in the mids, I will trade one out next week. Rucks look set if Redden gets a game. The forwards are the big problem. I have 4 guys with round 11 byes and 4 with round 13 byes. I think I need to trade out one of the round 11 guys this week. Porplyzia is the one that stands out so I am thinking of trading him out for a round 12 forward. O'Keefe looks like my best option since his form has gotten better, he leaves me with the most cash, I only have to make 1 trade to get him in and he is a DPP. The other option at that price range is Mitch Robinson but I already have so many guys missing round 13. In round 12 I can downgrade one of my backs on bye that week to Darley for cash to upgrade elsewhere.

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 01, 2012, 05:27:16 PM
I am looking at my team and trying to prepare for the coming bye weeks.

I have $187,500 and 17 trades. My current team is

Goddard Scotland Newman Grimes Lake Clarke Dempsey Bugg Spurr
Ablett Pendlebury Rockliff Hayes Jack McDonald Horsley Adams
Jacobs Kreuzer Giles Redden
Franklin Dangerfield Martin Chapman Porplyzia Devon Smith Treloar Saad Waite

Waite is out injured but has the round 13 bye and is expected back next week. He is worth holding onto for at least one more week. My backs look pretty set for the round 11 bye. I am hoping Spurr comes back in which means a full line. I have 3 round 11 byes in the mids, I will trade one out next week. Rucks look set if Redden gets a game. The forwards are the big problem. I have 4 guys with round 11 byes and 4 with round 13 byes. I think I need to trade out one of the round 11 guys this week. Porplyzia is the one that stands out so I am thinking of trading him out for a round 12 forward. O'Keefe looks like my best option since his form has gotten better, he leaves me with the most cash, I only have to make 1 trade to get him in and he is a DPP. The other option at that price range is Mitch Robinson but I already have so many guys missing round 13. In round 12 I can downgrade one of my backs on bye that week to Darley for cash to upgrade elsewhere.
Well done with 17 trades still left.
This week I would do Bugg to Darley - (Both Round 11 so no bye issues) and get extra cash for your war chest.
Porps to Beams, Sidebottom, Stevie J your choice and all with Round 12 byes so Round 11 forward to Round 12.

Next week you can then address some Round 11 Issues but bear in mind we will all wear some donuts during bye so the effort should be to minimise donuts while finalising team. May be a good idea to work out which rooks you will keep as bench warmers in case no downgrade targets come along.

Mat0369

The reason I was thinking of holding onto Bugg this week is for the fact I have 4 defenders with a round 12 bye. I could downgrade one of those guys to Darley and then upgrade Bugg later on. It will allow me greater coverage in my backline over the bye weeks and limit the amount of dounts. Sidebottom is way to expensive to even look at, Stevie J is to inconsistent for my liking and I don't like or trust Beams as a SC player.

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 01, 2012, 06:44:30 PM
The reason I was thinking of holding onto Bugg this week is for the fact I have 4 defenders with a round 12 bye. I could downgrade one of those guys to Darley and then upgrade Bugg later on. It will allow me greater coverage in my backline over the bye weeks and limit the amount of dounts. Sidebottom is way to expensive to even look at, Stevie J is to inconsistent for my liking and I don't like or trust Beams as a SC player.
No probs good to see you have a plan and put up good argument against the players suggested.
What about upgrading D Smith though this week  to perhaps Zaha in a team that is playing well and he is going well. Another alternative to consider and respect your decision.  Personally not sold on O'Keffe this year as he needs to feed of Goodes.

Mat0369

I won't have enough cash to trade Smith to Zaha. Regardless the best placed player to trade for me this week in the forward line is Porps who has the highest price and the highest break even. Also if he does not perform well this week he could be dropped post bye.  I am a bit worried about O'Keefe myself but he is the best at that price range with a round 12 bye. If I was to go Porps to Zaha it would leave me with $14,900. Going to O'Keefe leaves me with $56,900 He has actually played better without Goodes in the team and has pushed into the midfield the last 2 weeks (scores of 136 and 109). When Goodes was in the team he was playing more in a forward pocket and I think that was also killing his score.

boneman

Hi Coaches,

Like many I'm trying to prepare for the BYES. I have looked at my opponents (i know it is crystal balling) some are in similar position to me others not so much and I should take wins there. Have only lost a maximum of 1 game in all leagues and going for league titles. Would like to get a jump on and see where I can strengthen.

15 trades - $202,100

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Lake, Morris, Ellis, Townsend (Shaw.H, Spurr)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Boyd, Selwood, Montagna, McDonald (Adams, Ledger)
Ruck: Sandilands, Giles (Stephenson, Redden)
For: Franklin, Riewoldt.N, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Martin, Treloar, Zorko (Smith.D, Hall)

If I have to...I was looking at a Morris or Smith upgrade this week:

Morris - Hurn, Enright or Birchall (can't afford Scotland)

They all seem to affect my byes whichever way I look at it. Is it worth just holding him for now to cover for the Round 11 Bye.

Smith - Johnson or Pavlich

Johnson looks like the best trade here and will allow me to cover another possible donut in Round 11 by culling another GWS player. I will have either Johnson or Pavlich to cover with Sidebottom in Round 12. Should I just wait till next week as Smith has some money still to make and Johnson may not rise that much in price?

Another option is to trade Smith out through the Mids and get in a Dal Santo or Priddis. Priddis having the bye next week doesnt really make alot of sense and Dal Santo will clash with Monagna and Ablett in that Round 13 Bye.

I'm in a pickle, any feedback would be great!  :-\

nathan11

smith to johnson as his dpp will be handy for bye trading

Ringo

To avoid a donut you need to get rid of 1 Round 11 bye player this week:

Next week Outs
Def: Lake Townsend (ok)
Mids: Boyd, McDonald Adams
Rucks: Giles
Forwards: Danger, Treloar, Zorko, Smith
As a thought Adams to Sexton
Smith to a prem of your choice Zaha, Pav, Stevie J, Chappie
Leaves 1 donut next week but opportunity to trade if desired,

boneman

Quote from: nathan11 on June 01, 2012, 07:37:37 PM
smith to johnson as his dpp will be handy for bye trading
Johnson is a FWD only
Quote from: Ringo on June 01, 2012, 07:52:10 PM
To avoid a donut you need to get rid of 1 Round 11 bye player this week:

Next week Outs
Def: Lake Townsend (ok)
Mids: Boyd, McDonald Adams
Rucks: Giles
Forwards: Danger, Treloar, Zorko, Smith
As a thought Adams to Sexton
Smith to a prem of your choice Zaha, Pav, Stevie J, Chappie
Leaves 1 donut next week but opportunity to trade if desired,

Don't mind the strategy but am not sold on Sexton and with Ledger already on the pine the Round 13 Bye would have Montagna, Ablett, Ledger, Sexton missing. 2 Donuts in the midfield and I have Franklin, Martin, Riewoldt.N in the FWDs missing.

Am I best to cop a donut this week rather than several down the track? Will preserve some trades also.

Ringo

Leave the final decision to you.  No point in downgrading to a rookie you are not comfortable with.