Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COLOSS11

Cheers Ringo.

I was thinking of getting Pendles and Swallow to complete my mids. Im going for league only, im 1st in 3 and 3rd in the other,  and with relatively easy games this week do you think i could hold off on trading?

Ringo

Only issue would be if you wanted to get rid of Morris/Ellis for Darley on the bubble and increasing cash to gain Pendles or Swallow..  Your decision but you are in a reasonable position with still holding 15 trades.
If you do not want the cash then no real need to trade.

all about winning

Hay Coaches,
usually i dont need no assistance with my trades but my next trade is really doing my head in  :-\ please help.

I want to trade out Marty Clarke this week with a B/E of 91 but who for?? i can afford everyone coz i have 300k in my kitty.
i do not care about the bye rounds and structures im just going for league wins that involve allot of cash. ive got 12 trades remaining.

my current backline is  Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Enright, Shaw, Clarke, Lake       Morris, Spurr

who im thinking,
Beau Waters  B/E 47  - i have had the last few seasons and he usaully a clanger king, i really dont think he can keep this up..
Grant Birchall B/E 114 - This guy just dosent seem to be as consistant as last year, im just not sold on him for some reason.
Chris Newman B/E 129 - great scorer over the years , thinking i might hold of this week and get him next week after his $$ drop??

and theres also Hurn, Broughton and suckling..   
im thinking i might miss out on picking up Darley im just gonna hope Spurr gets games and makes me more $$
All coaches please help me before i drive myself mad... Thankyou

MajorLazer

I think you should go with either one of Hurn or Waters.

With West Coast playing as well as they are now, both of these guys are playing really well off half back and are setting up a lot of attacks for Lynch, Darling, Hill, Cox and NicNat.

I have Hurn in my team and along with Deledio he has been bloody good.

Hurn kicks the ball more effectively and further, but Waters takes a lot more contested marks from the opposition.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: all about winning on May 28, 2012, 02:11:46 PM
Hay Coaches,
usually i dont need no assistance with my trades but my next trade is really doing my head in  :-\ please help.

I want to trade out Marty Clarke this week with a B/E of 91 but who for?? i can afford everyone coz i have 300k in my kitty.
i do not care about the bye rounds and structures im just going for league wins that involve allot of cash. ive got 12 trades remaining.

my current backline is  Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Enright, Shaw, Clarke, Lake       Morris, Spurr

who im thinking,
Beau Waters  B/E 47  - i have had the last few seasons and he usaully a clanger king, i really dont think he can keep this up..
Grant Birchall B/E 114 - This guy just dosent seem to be as consistant as last year, im just not sold on him for some reason.
Chris Newman B/E 129 - great scorer over the years , thinking i might hold of this week and get him next week after his $$ drop??

and theres also Hurn, Broughton and suckling..   
im thinking i might miss out on picking up Darley im just gonna hope Spurr gets games and makes me more $$
All coaches please help me before i drive myself mad... Thankyou
Definitely get Waters. Has been absolutely killing it.
Do you have enough cash for Morris --> Waters?
It would be handy have Clarke as D8 come SC finals where teams are resting players left, right and centre!

Noz

Backline consits of Goddard, Lids, Waters, Broughtan, Lake, Clarke, Bower (Ellis, Spurr)
Forward consists of Franklin, Zaha, Martin, Lewis, Sidebottom, Porps, Treloar (Pfeiffer, Hall)
Trades: 11
Cash 110,400

Options:
Bower - Darley, Hall - Nick Riewoldt

Bower - Darley, Ellis - Scotland

Porps - Cloke

Hall - Sexton, Porps - Johnson

Hall - Sexton, Bower - Scotland

Grazz

Prefer the Darley trades, not sold on Sextons JS could be another Hall.
Of them the Bower-Darley  Ellis-Scotland is mypick, doesnt alter you bye structure,
Shaw would help you bye wise with your backs instead of Scotland.
Rnd 13 you will loose God, Lids, Scotland.

david_89

my team is as follows:

Deledio, Goddard, Newman, Lake, Clarke, Malceski, Mohr (Ellis, Smedts)

Boyd, Ablett, Cotchin, Horsely, Coniglio, Sheil (Adams, Couch)

Franklin, Zahrakis, Sidebottom, Dangerfeild, Martin, Christensen, Treloar (Hall, Zorko)

Have 13 trades and $715,400

I had planned to get Waters in for Mohr( breakeven 75) and Pendles in for Coniglio (breakeven 94), but then Darley came along. i want to get waters before he goes up again with a breakeven of 75 as well as wanting to get rid of Coniglio before he goes down with a breakeven of 89. I want to get Darley aswell so what trades do you think i should do?
thanks in advance

Ringo

Think you can move on Darley in Round 12.  Even though on the bubble do not think he will rise too much given his sub effected score of 23 last week. (Similar to Zorks who only went up $50K).
Pendles plays GCS this week and then Melbourne so could go big so probably need him this week.
Mohr to Waters is a sound trade also.
Your decision but Pendles too good to miss at this price (lowest for year) even though he has a B/e of 122.
Then take your pick whether to get Darley this week or Round 12 (Has bye next week which is something else to consider).

david_89

yeah thanks for that help, who do you reckon i should downgrade darley to? clarke? maybe see how Malceski goes this week

Marcos83

Thanks for your input so far.

Have 16 trades left and no cash, what would be your next move. Dont care bout byes too much but any input will still make me consider.

Thnx

Backs- god, lids, broughton, lake, malceski, clarke, darley
Spurr, ellis

Mids- gaj, pendles, swan, boyd, selwood, jmac
Miles, zorkho

Ruck - giles, kreuz
Big o, redden

Forwards- franklin, martin, pavlich, sidey, dangerfield, chapman, treloar
Smith, couch

Ringo

Quote from: Marcos83 on May 31, 2012, 04:42:09 AM
Thanks for your input so far.

Have 16 trades left and no cash, what would be your next move. Dont care bout byes too much but any input will still make me consider.

Thnx

Backs- god, lids, broughton, lake, malceski, clarke, darley
Spurr, ellis

Mids- gaj, pendles, swan, boyd, selwood, jmac
Miles, zorkho

Ruck - giles, kreuz
Big o, redden

Forwards- franklin, martin, pavlich, sidey, dangerfield, chapman, treloar
Smith, couch
You have a very sound team there and well done with 16 trades.
Any trading now should be to upgrade and finalise team.  Unfortunately there are not a lot of players on the horizon to downgrade to.
This week if Sexton (with Round 13 bye) is named I would downgrade one of my GWS rookies to him for cash, Possibly Smith but your choice.'
Then I would either fiinals last Mid or last forward by upgarding either Treloar or Jmac. (both of these have a little cash to make but this will be offset by the points you will gain by finalising. Can wait till next week but targets may rise in value, Thinking Dalsanto, Priddis or Cotchin for mids  (If Priddis wait till Round 12) or Beams or N Roo for forwards but your choice of prems and which line.
Keep an eye on Yeo from Brisbane and if named this week and again in Round 12 you can downgrade to him in Round 12 for further  cash and upgrades.
Just giving some options but to re iterate you are in a good position but will wear some donuts during byes.

Babylove

So this is my team:

Def: Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Scotland, Hargrave, Clarke, Morris (Ellis, Guthrie)

Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Thomas, S. Selwood, Horsley (McDonald, Zorko)

Ruck: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

For: Franklin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Beams, Martin, Treloar, Pfieffer (Adams, Hall)

Cash $300,000
Trades 15

I am thinking of trading in Darley for Morris as Morris looks to be at his top price (his b/e is about 70 I think) and Darley is the first decent downgrade defender this year. I would live some feedback on this and any other potential options I should look at this week.

Ace

Hey all, Great site & would appreciate some advise / help on my team.

Cash at the moment $93,100 & 15 trades left.

Backs Delideo, God, Scotland, Shaw, Clarke, Lake, Ellis. Smedts / Spurr.

Mids Pendles, Jelwood, Ablett, Sewell, Barlow, Horse. Hampton / Doherty.

Rucks Jacobs, Giles. Redden / Stephenson.

Fwd Sidey, Danger, Buddy, Zaha, Pav, Martin, Zorko. Treloar / Paine.

Thinking 1 Trade of Clarke to Darley this week subject to teams announced, builds up the kitty for the byes upcoming. JS is my worry as would be a lot of others concerns.

Thanks for any input.

Ringo

Quote from: Babylove on May 31, 2012, 10:20:23 AM
So this is my team:

Def: Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Scotland, Hargrave, Clarke, Morris (Ellis, Guthrie)

Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Thomas, S. Selwood, Horsley (McDonald, Zorko)

Ruck: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

For: Franklin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Beams, Martin, Treloar, Pfieffer (Adams, Hall)

Cash $300,000
Trades 15

I am thinking of trading in Darley for Morris as Morris looks to be at his top price (his b/e is about 70 I think) and Darley is the first decent downgrade defender this year. I would live some feedback on this and any other potential options I should look at this week.
Another well constructed team and good trades left. Well done.
Would only do Morris to Darley as all your rookies still have cash to make. Probably need to look at Hall if not named during byes.
Do you have a ruck plan for Round 11 if Stepenson does not play or happy to wear 2 donuts. A lot of caoches will need to look at this next week.