Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bomber

just realized I can trade Shiel out and move smith to midfield...less money lost but still deciding between Lewis and Robbo

Ringo

Quote from: The Bomber on May 18, 2012, 08:11:13 PM
just realized I can trade Shiel out and move smith to midfield...less money lost but still deciding between Lewis and Robbo
Go with your gut feel on this one. Both have the Round 13 bye and not a lot of difference between either.

woofy

Quote from: Ringo on May 18, 2012, 08:05:12 PM
Quote from: woofy on May 18, 2012, 07:47:02 PM
Hey all,

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, B. Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (T. Bugg, J. Townsend)
FWD: L. Franklin, P. Chapman, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, P. Dangerfield, J. Porplyzia, A. Treloar (J. Cameron, A. Hall)
CASH LEFT: $143,900
18 trades

Tough league match this week and thinking Bugg to Birchall/Suckling as i can't afford Scotland. Forward line is weak with round 11 bye but can't afford a good round 13 prem for porps atm.

Thoughts?
I would look at Bugg to Spurr (God, Lids and Birch Suckling will have Round 13 bye)
Then Porps to a prem forward taking into consideration byes.

hi ringo, Bugg to Spurr would leave me with 4 round 12 players.

apparently no matter how you go about it round 13 you will cop at least 2 donuts so im thinking about maximising the donut by bringing in a premium now. this is why i went with birch/suck/scotland.

i think i have to keep porps and work on treloar/cameron/hall first.

thanks for your opinion :)

Ringo

Quote from: woofy on May 18, 2012, 08:17:13 PM
Quote from: Ringo on May 18, 2012, 08:05:12 PM
Quote from: woofy on May 18, 2012, 07:47:02 PM
Hey all,

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, B. Lake, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (T. Bugg, J. Townsend)
FWD: L. Franklin, P. Chapman, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, P. Dangerfield, J. Porplyzia, A. Treloar (J. Cameron, A. Hall)
CASH LEFT: $143,900
18 trades

Tough league match this week and thinking Bugg to Birchall/Suckling as i can't afford Scotland. Forward line is weak with round 11 bye but can't afford a good round 13 prem for porps atm.

Thoughts?
I would look at Bugg to Spurr (God, Lids and Birch Suckling will have Round 13 bye)
Then Porps to a prem forward taking into consideration byes.

hi ringo, Bugg to Spurr would leave me with 4 round 12 players.

apparently no matter how you go about it round 13 you will cop at least 2 donuts so im thinking about maximising the donut by bringing in a premium now. this is why i went with birch/suck/scotland.

i think i have to keep porps and work on treloar/cameron/hall first.

thanks for your opinion :)
If you want Scotland you could go Bugg to Spurr and Ellis to Scotland.  Just depending on your gut or just go Bugg to Birch/Suckling.

woofy

all that thinking and i might just re-asses the situation next week. taking a gamble and hoping i can win my league with the team i have in place. hoping pfieffer/adams start as sub. that would help me out big time!

Ringo

Quote from: woofy on May 18, 2012, 08:42:27 PM
all that thinking and i might just re-asses the situation next week. taking a gamble and hoping i can win my league with the team i have in place. hoping pfieffer/adams start as sub. that would help me out big time!
Best of Luck Woofy.

dogdog

Upgrading Milera, but to which one Okeefe or Dangermouse? Okeefe's scoring output may decline when goodes comes back but is 100k cheaper then Dangermouse. Thoughts???

Capper

Quote from: dogdog on May 21, 2012, 06:17:15 PM
Upgrading Milera, but to which one Okeefe or Dangermouse? Okeefe's scoring output may decline when goodes comes back but is 100k cheaper then Dangermouse. Thoughts???
Which one helps your bye structure???
Danger has a great draw after the bye, whilst the swans have it a bit tougher

Ringo

Quote from: dogdog on May 21, 2012, 06:17:15 PM
Dangermouse is running amok in a team that is on the rise.  With a B/e of 70 will rise in cash even further. Has not scored below 90 this year and averaging 111 so is Premium material at the moment.
ROK form this year has not been up to his usual standard only one score over 100 an that was last week against Melbourne. Even with Goodes absence still only scored in the 80's against Richmond and Adelaide. So question with ROK will he return to last years form and the signs are not good.
So basically to answer for yourself is the extra $100k I am paying for Danger worth it against the risk of taking ROK in the hope he will get back to last years form. Go with gut but my feeling Danger worth it at present time due to Crows great draw after bye. Only issue being Round 11 byes with GWS players.

sidvicious

I have two Rnd 11 rucks Giles and Hmac I also have D Hale  and Redden Need to trade one of the Rnd 11s for bye reasons I cant get my head around trading out healthy scoring players .
Which one to go
Will probably bring in Sandi

Ringo

Quote from: sidvicious on May 21, 2012, 10:26:21 PM
I have two Rnd 11 rucks Giles and Hmac I also have D Hale  and Redden Need to trade one of the Rnd 11s for bye reasons I cant get my head around trading out healthy scoring players .
Which one to go
I would till Round 10 before making the decision and trade the least performing ruck of Giles or H Mac to Sandi or other Round 12/13 Rucks who are performing..

sidvicious

Quote from: Ringo on May 21, 2012, 10:37:01 PM
Which one to go
I would till Round 10 before making the decision and trade the least performing ruck of Giles or H Mac to Sandi or other Round 12/13 Rucks who are performing..
If I do it this week I could bring Jenkins into the equation and with his price rise make a few $ or is this not worth the double trade

Ringo

Quote from: sidvicious on May 22, 2012, 07:23:16 AM
Quote from: Ringo on May 21, 2012, 10:37:01 PM
Which one to go
If I do it this week I could bring Jenkins into the equation and with his price rise make a few $ or is this not worth the double trade
Jenkins has a Round 11 bye as well so if you have a reasonable number of trades maybe worth it for cash but if trades are limited just hold. Your decision which is best for you.

4INAROW

hey ringo

my team is currently:

B: goddard, deledio, birchall, malceski, hargrave, clarke, bugg.
   spurr,morris.

M: ablett, swan, pendles, jelwood, thompson, jmac.
   magner, zorko.

R: hmac, giles.
   redden, stephensen.

F: franklin, dangerfield, sidebottom, chappy, zaharakis, porpz, treloar.
   adams, hall.

this week i went shiel>zorko and murphy>thompson

that leaves me with about $150k and 13 trades, im going for league and an not concerned with byes

my plan is to go morris>darley on the bubble and bugg>waters/hurn next week.

that will leave me enough $ to go magner>priddis in 2 weeks when he bottoms out.

good plan, bad plan? any suggestions thanks mate :)

The Bomber

Hey guys thanks for your opinions so far. I have made a thread about Newman, but expanded my thinking on a way to protect myself from the byes:

Current team:

BAC: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, C. Newman, M. Clarke, H. Shaw, B. Lake, S. Darley - B. Ellis, L. Spurr
MID: S. Pendlebury, J. Watson, J. Selwood, G. Ablett, M. Priddis, J. McDonald - J. Magner, D. Smith
RUC: A. Sandilands, J. Giles - O. Stephenson, J.Redden
FWD: P. Dangerfield, S. Sidebottom, L. Franklin, J. Lewis, P. Chapman, T. Milera, T. Adams - T. Couch, A. Hall

This round:
Newman --> Scotland
Magner --> Zorko

Next round:
Trade Milera/Smith as midfielders (still maintain one DPP with FWDS with Zorko) and move Scotland into the midfield and trade in Waters/Hurn with the rd 11 bye.

When Darley/Ellis/Spurr peak, they can be traded out to a midfielder and I can move Scotland back into the backline. I'm just hoping Couch and Hall get game time during the byes...

BTW I have 15 trades and 77k in the bank at the moment. Underlined are keepers (Clarke may go later in the season if I have spare trades (doubtful)).

Thoughts???