Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 11, 2012, 05:13:03 PM
Just looking for some confirmation this week. My moves look to be fairly straight forward but another opinion always helps.

I have 22 trades left and $169,100 and my team looks like this currently

Goddard, Scotland, Newman, Grimes, Lake, Dempsey, Clarke, Bugg, Smedts
Ablett, Rockliff, Hayes, Jack, Magner, Shiel, McDonald, Kennedy
Jacobs, Kreuzer, Giles, Redden
Franklin, Dangerfield, Chapman, Martin, Waite, Porplyzia, Devon Smith, Hall, Treloar

I am going to go Kennedy>Horsley and Hall>Adams. I will lose my DPP link but they look like the two best trade options this week.

Money helps you upgrade, Zorko is playing this week in a fortnight he could be an answer to your DPP and another cash cow. With 22 trades left i would be going for it.

Grazz

Quote from: boneman on May 11, 2012, 05:22:50 PM
Ringo some help please.  :-\

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Shaw, Lake, Bugg, Morris (Ellis, Townsend)
Mid: Ablett, Selwood, Boyd, Montagna, Magner, Shiel (McDonald, Ledger)
Ruck: Sandilands, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)
For: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt.N, Dangerfield, Martin, Smith.D, Treloar (Kennedy, Hall)
20 Trades - $26,600

Option 1
Goodes â€" Sidebottom
Kennedy â€" Adams
Straight forward trade option. Kennedy has maxed out (not a huge profit to be made though) however I won’t make any ground on off-loading GWS players before the bye.

Option 2
Shiel or Magner â€" Horsley or Adams
Goodes â€" Sidebottom
Horsley to make some good cash and Shiel and Magner the only trade options. Finally gives me DPP with Forward if I go Adams.

Option 3
Shiel or Magner (switch with Goodes) â€" Adams
Goodes â€" Pendlebury
Did I read somewhere you recommending this trade? Switching Goodes allows for a Mid trade, Pendlebury the pick of the bunch. However like trade 1 I don’t start to off load GWS players before the bye.

Option 2 or 3 are both good moves. Probably favour option 3. :)

Grazz

Quote from: bonebones on May 11, 2012, 08:01:58 PM
Guys I'm going Magnet to Horse and wondering whether to turn bugg or marty Clarke into deledio? Thx in advance

Magner to Horse nothing wrong with that. Clarke and Bugg are hard to seperate at the minute depends on the bye set up and your thoughts leading into the byes. If you can sit another week on the Deledio trade you could make or save a bit more coin.

blue

is the time right to trade giles for cox, only prob is i will have to down grade someone else and i just keep changing my mind , i will just list my team any help would be greatly appreciated.

deledio, goddard, yarran, clark, davis, lake, j grimes, ellis

Josh kennedy, s sellwood, rockliff, hayes, bartel, horsley, magner, c smith

giles, kreuzer, cordy, redden

dangerfield, pav, n riewoldt, rioli darling, porplyzia, d smith, treloar, zorko

i have 108k in the bank and 18 trades

or do i cash up on saad  and spurr with smith and ellie/davis

Sundown24

DEF: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, H. Scotland, M. Suckling, M. Clarke, B. Ellis, C. Dempsey (T. Bugg, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, M. Murphy, M. Boyd, J. Magner, S. Coniglio, K. Horsley (D. Shiel, J. McDonald)
RUC: D. Cox, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
FWD: S. Sidebottom, L. Franklin, N. Riewoldt, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, T. Milera, J. Porplyzia (D. Smith, A. Kennedy)
CASH LEFT: $259,100

Trades Left: 14
Not sure on which option to take:

1. Downgrade Ellis to Spurr, & Upgrade Shiel to Stanton.
2. Downgrade Ellis to Spurr, & Upgrade Kennedy to Dangerfield (how is Kennedy's shoulder?)
3. Trade out Kennedy & Ellis > Spurr & Delaney  (using Smedts into the forwards via DPP)
4. Sit and wait it out, based on the GWS guys are rested.

Thoughts??

Locinator

Which Round 12 Forward out of Pav, C.Pearce, Crameri, Zaha, Beams or Somebody else with a r12 bye

Forward line looks like this Franklin,Sidebum,Danger,Rioli,Martin,??,Adams (Pffieffer, Zorko)

Ringo

Quote from: blue on May 17, 2012, 06:08:32 PM
is the time right to trade giles for cox, only prob is i will have to down grade someone else and i just keep changing my mind , i will just list my team any help would be greatly appreciated.

deledio, goddard, yarran, clark, davis, lake, j grimes, ellis

Josh kennedy, s sellwood, rockliff, hayes, bartel, horsley, magner, c smith

giles, kreuzer, cordy, redden

dangerfield, pav, n riewoldt, rioli darling, porplyzia, d smith, treloar, zorko

i have 108k in the bank and 18 trades

or do i cash up on saad  and spurr with smith and ellie/davis
Would keep Giles especially this week especially rucking against Longer.
Smith to Saad assists byes.  With Bugg being rested and close to ceiling if you want Spur would go Bugg to Spurr.

Ringo

Quote from: Sundown24 on May 17, 2012, 08:24:47 PM
DEF: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, H. Scotland, M. Suckling, M. Clarke, B. Ellis, C. Dempsey (T. Bugg, B. Smedts)
MID: D. Swan, M. Murphy, M. Boyd, J. Magner, S. Coniglio, K. Horsley (D. Shiel, J. McDonald)
RUC: D. Cox, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
FWD: S. Sidebottom, L. Franklin, N. Riewoldt, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, T. Milera, J. Porplyzia (D. Smith, A. Kennedy)
CASH LEFT: $259,100

Trades Left: 14
Not sure on which option to take:

1. Downgrade Ellis to Spurr, & Upgrade Shiel to Stanton.
2. Downgrade Ellis to Spurr, & Upgrade Kennedy to Dangerfield (how is Kennedy's shoulder?)
3. Trade out Kennedy & Ellis > Spurr & Delaney  (using Smedts into the forwards via DPP)
4. Sit and wait it out, based on the GWS guys are rested.

Thoughts??
With only 14 trades left I would sit.

Ringo

Quote from: Locinator on May 17, 2012, 08:55:04 PM
Which Round 12 Forward out of Pav, C.Pearce, Crameri, Zaha, Beams or Somebody else with a r12 bye

Forward line looks like this Franklin,Sidebum,Danger,Rioli,Martin,??,Adams (Pffieffer, Zorko)
In order Beams, Pav, Zaha. Pearce, Crameri.  Prefer Beams because he appears to be taking the Ball role but none of these players will let you down.

Grazz

Quote from: Locinator on May 17, 2012, 08:55:04 PM

Beams is the go out of all of those.

The Bomber

...I seriously have no idea about which FWD I should get...

Because of Smith being rested I'm have a donut in my FWD line. Now I have sealed the Bugg-->Spurr trade (assuming adams is playing).

First problem: Who to trade out?
This is my first dilemma, I have both Smith and Hall who have cash to make, but one has to go. If i trade hall I have $458400 to spend on a FWD which severely limits my options. My other option is trade Devon Smith, but has a B/E of -23, but he also allows me to get whichever FWD i want...

Second Problem: Which FWD to get. My initial thought was to get Lewis because (disregarding RD1) he hasn't scored below 90 or  Robinson because I had my eyes on him from the start of the season. The others have been in poorish form, like Pavlich or are inconsistent (Tippet, Roughy etc). Another that caught my eye was Benell. Great form and I can straight swap him for Hall + a POD...

Current FWD line:
Sidey, Buddy, Danger, Chappy, SMITH, Milera, Adams --> HALL, Couch

I can't get a RD 12 player because of Sidey and Chappy already there (takes Beams/Zaha out of the picture).

Ideas???

Capper

Quote from: The Bomber on May 17, 2012, 10:31:50 PM

Because of Smith being rested I'm have a donut in my FWD line. Now I have sealed the Bugg-->Spurr trade (assuming adams is playing).

This is my first dilemma, I have both Smith and Hall who have cash to make, but one has to go. If i trade hall I have $458400 to spend on a FWD which severely limits my options. My other option is trade Devon Smith, but has a B/E of -23, but he also allows me to get whichever FWD i want...

Second Problem: Which FWD to get. My initial thought was to get Lewis because (disregarding RD1) he hasn't scored below 90 or  Robinson because I had my eyes on him from the start of the season. The others have been in poorish form, like Pavlich or are inconsistent (Tippet, Roughy etc). Another that caught my eye was Benell. Great form and I can straight swap him for Hall + a POD...

Current FWD line:

I can't get a RD 12 player because of Sidey and Chappy already there (takes Beams/Zaha out of the picture).

Ideas???
What about JB???

j959

Quote from: tabs on May 18, 2012, 01:20:22 PM
Quote from: The Bomber on May 17, 2012, 10:31:50 PM

Current FWD line:

Ideas???
What about JB???
also risky but, Sherminator/Cloke????

Marcos83

20 trades left and 150 k in cash.

Backs: God, lids, brought, malceski, lake, clarke, bugg
Ellis, Darley

Mids: GAJ, swan, pendles, selwood, boyd, Jmac
Magner, Miles

Rucks: Giles, Kreuz
BIGO, redden

Forwards: Franklin, Chapman, Martin, Dangerfield, Porpz, Treloar, Kennedy
Couch, Smith

Thinking bugg to spurr and then kennedy to pavlich(on the back of consecetive 110+ scores)

Dont want any more pies players and no to zaharakhis.

Thoughts coach?

j959

Quote from: Marcos83 on May 18, 2012, 04:16:13 PM
20 trades left and 150 k in cash.

Backs: God, lids, brought, malceski, lake, clarke, bugg
Ellis, Darley

Mids: GAJ, swan, pendles, selwood, boyd, Jmac
Magner, Miles

Rucks: Giles, Kreuz
BIGO, redden

Forwards: Franklin, Chapman, Martin, Dangerfield, Porpz, Treloar, Kennedy
Couch, Smith

Thinking bugg to spurr and then kennedy to pavlich(on the back of consecetive 110+ scores)

Dont want any more pies players and no to zaharakhis.

Thoughts coach?
do you have to off-load Bugg in order to have the cash to upgrade Kennedy??
(if not, leave Bugg alone!)  ;)

Alternate option of SJ?? Risky but when he gets goin ...   :o