Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no eye deer

Quote from: Ringo on May 11, 2012, 02:26:24 PM
There are differing thoughts on the DPP value this year given the 3 round bye draw.
Your decision but something to consider
If you swap Kennedy and Goodes and trade Goodes to Murphy will the gain in points outweigh loosing DPP and set your mids earlier.
Whilst Pearce is scoring well can he maintain this scoring.  If bringing him in would have to be a keeper as you will be paying $448k for him.  Bit of a risk in my opinion but risks need to be taken to get the peanuts.

As you say you can play safe with no 1 option.

Have you considered sidelining Goodes for one week and doing Magner to Horsely and Millera to Adams.

Thanks for the replies fellas. I have thought about the last trades you mentioned Ringo, but I would trade out Kennedy to Adams instead of Milera as  I have too many GWS rookies already.

Oh well, I'll probably decide about one minute before lockout as usual!

Edit. Decided to trade out Goodes for Horsely, Kennedy to Adams and keep Magner to make a few more dollars. Will lose DPP but hopefully zorko gets a few games and can bring him in in a couple of weeks and regain DPP. Just gotta have a bit of luck to win my league. Fingers crossed!

Mat0369

Just looking for some confirmation this week. My moves look to be fairly straight forward but another opinion always helps.

I have 22 trades left and $169,100 and my team looks like this currently

Goddard, Scotland, Newman, Grimes, Lake, Dempsey, Clarke, Bugg, Smedts
Ablett, Rockliff, Hayes, Jack, Magner, Shiel, McDonald, Kennedy
Jacobs, Kreuzer, Giles, Redden
Franklin, Dangerfield, Chapman, Martin, Waite, Porplyzia, Devon Smith, Hall, Treloar

I am going to go Kennedy>Horsley and Hall>Adams. I will lose my DPP link but they look like the two best trade options this week.

boneman

Ringo some help please.  :-\

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Shaw, Lake, Bugg, Morris (Ellis, Townsend)
Mid: Ablett, Selwood, Boyd, Montagna, Magner, Shiel (McDonald, Ledger)
Ruck: Sandilands, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)
For: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt.N, Dangerfield, Martin, Smith.D, Treloar (Kennedy, Hall)
20 Trades - $26,600

Option 1
Goodes â€" Sidebottom
Kennedy â€" Adams
Straight forward trade option. Kennedy has maxed out (not a huge profit to be made though) however I won’t make any ground on off-loading GWS players before the bye.

Option 2
Shiel or Magner â€" Horsley or Adams
Goodes â€" Sidebottom
Horsley to make some good cash and Shiel and Magner the only trade options. Finally gives me DPP with Forward if I go Adams.

Option 3
Shiel or Magner (switch with Goodes) â€" Adams
Goodes â€" Pendlebury
Did I read somewhere you recommending this trade? Switching Goodes allows for a Mid trade, Pendlebury the pick of the bunch. However like trade 1 I don’t start to off load GWS players before the bye.

Ringo

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 11, 2012, 05:13:03 PM
Just looking for some confirmation this week. My moves look to be fairly straight forward but another opinion always helps.

I have 22 trades left and $169,100 and my team looks like this currently

Goddard, Scotland, Newman, Grimes, Lake, Dempsey, Clarke, Bugg, Smedts
Ablett, Rockliff, Hayes, Jack, Magner, Shiel, McDonald, Kennedy
Jacobs, Kreuzer, Giles, Redden
Franklin, Dangerfield, Chapman, Martin, Waite, Porplyzia, Devon Smith, Hall, Treloar

I am going to go Kennedy>Horsley and Hall>Adams. I will lose my DPP link but they look like the two best trade options this week.
Nothing wrong with those trades Pretty standard for this week.

Ringo

Quote from: boneman on May 11, 2012, 05:22:50 PM

For: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt.N, Dangerfield, Martin, Smith.D, Treloar (Kennedy, Hall)
20 Trades - $26,600

Option 1
Goodes â€" Sidebottom
Kennedy â€" Adams
Straight forward trade option. Kennedy has maxed out (not a huge profit to be made though) however I won’t make any ground on off-loading GWS players before the bye.

Option 2
Goodes â€" Sidebottom
Horsley to make some good cash and Shiel and Magner the only trade options. Finally gives me DPP with Forward if I go Adams.

Option 3
Goodes â€" Pendlebury
Did I read somewhere you recommending this trade? Switching Goodes allows for a Mid trade, Pendlebury the pick of the bunch. However like trade 1 I don’t start to off load GWS players before the bye.
Option 3 is the one I am recommending if you have read some posts.  Only Difference is that I am suggesting Horsely rather than Adams as Horsely has the round 13 bye. This option leaves you only one more mid upgrade to complete mids so you can start enjoying the maximum benefits this will bring. Looses your DPP but this can be re done with next upgrades/downgrades.

boneman

Quote from: Ringo on May 11, 2012, 07:03:07 PM

20 Trades - $26,600

Option 1
Goodes – Sidebottom
Kennedy – Adams

Option 2
Shiel or Magner – Horsley or Adams
Goodes – Sidebottom

Option 3
Shiel or Magner (switch with Goodes) – Adams
Goodes – Pendlebury
Option 3 is the one I am recommending if you have read some posts.  Only Difference is that I am suggesting Horsely rather than Adams as Horsely has the round 13 bye. This option leaves you only one more mid upgrade to complete mids so you can start enjoying the maximum benefits this will bring. Looses your DPP but this can be re done with next upgrades/downgrades.

Thanks Ringo. I can't see how I can bring in Horsely and Pendlebury as I will need to trade Shiel or Magner out to bring Goodes in from the forward line.

???

If I go through with Option 3 my Mid/Fwd lines will look like this:

Mid: Pendlebury, Ablett, Selwood, Boyd, Montagna, Magner (McDonald, Ledger)
For: Franklin, Dangerfield, Riewoldt.N, Martin, Smith.D, Treloar, Adams (Kennedy, Hall)

I'm concerned its very weak in the fwds. Is this a short term pain for long term gain of Pendles?

Ringo

Quote from: boneman on May 11, 2012, 07:14:57 PM

20 Trades - $26,600

Option 1
Goodes â€" Sidebottom
Kennedy â€" Adams

Option 2
Goodes â€" Sidebottom

Option 3
Goodes â€" Pendlebury

Thanks Ringo. I can't see how I can bring in Horsely and Pendlebury as I will need to trade Shiel or Magner out to bring Goodes in from the forward line.

???

For: Franklin, Dangerfield, Riewoldt.N, Martin, Smith.D, Treloar, Adams (Kennedy, Hall)

I'm concerned its very weak in the fwds. Is this a short term pain for long term gain of Pendles?
Sorry did not read your side correctly as i thought you had an existing DPP to swap. I do not consider a forward line of Franklin, N Roo , Martin and Danger weak. Appears week because of playing 3 rooks.
You have to ask yourself the question as to which set up will serve me best now, playing 5 mid prem and 1 rookie or playing 5 Forward prem and 2 rooks. As we know from this year most forward prems are up and down whereas mid prems are reasonably consistent. 

boneman

Quote from: Ringo on May 11, 2012, 07:34:17 PM

20 Trades - $26,600

Option 1
Goodes – Sidebottom
Kennedy – Adams

Option 2
Shiel or Magner – Horsley or Adams
Goodes – Sidebottom

Option 3
Shiel or Magner (switch with Goodes) – Adams
Goodes – Pendlebury

???

Sorry did not read your side correctly as i thought you had an existing DPP to swap. I do not consider a forward line of Franklin, N Roo , Martin and Danger weak. Appears week because of playing 3 rooks.
You have to ask yourself the question as to which set up will serve me best now, playing 5 mid prem and 1 rookie or playing 5 Forward prem and 2 rooks. As we know from this year most forward prems are up and down whereas mid prems are reasonably consistent. 

I will miss Horsely if I bring in Pendles...should I be concerned? I'm crystal balling a bit but surely Zorko will be a solid option for a downgrade in 2 weeks? I will use him for McDonald or Magner and then have a DPP with the Fwds

The other issue is bench cover for the following week(s). I would think Sheedy will continue rotating his rookies and if Smith and Adams have a spell in the same week I will be facing a donut in the forward line due to Hall. If the Zorko plan of attack works I may be able to combat it.

If you were in my boat what would you do Ringo?

Ringo

Quote from: boneman on May 11, 2012, 07:45:24 PM
Quote from: Ringo on May 11, 2012, 07:34:17 PM

20 Trades - $26,600

Option 1
Goodes â€" Sidebottom
Kennedy â€" Adams

Option 2
Goodes â€" Sidebottom

Option 3
Goodes â€" Pendlebury

???

I will miss Horsely if I bring in Pendles...should I be concerned? I'm crystal balling a bit but surely Zorko will be a solid option for a downgrade in 2 weeks?
Zorko will be a great downgrade target but he will also have the Round 11 bye but assuming you have cashed in Shiel No real problems as your round 11 byes will be Zorko and McDonald.

boneman

I also have Boyd in that Round 11 Bye... :-\

Is it just me or are things getting harder by the week!

bonebones

Guys I'm going Magnet to Horse and wondering whether to turn bugg or marty Clarke into deledio? Thx in advance

Ringo

Missed that one. Yea not easy.  Really testing my patience as well!!!!

Ringo

Quote from: bonebones on May 11, 2012, 08:01:58 PM
Guys I'm going Magnet to Horse and wondering whether to turn bugg or marty Clarke into deledio? Thx in advance
Would not do the last one this week as both of these players still have coin to make and may rise more in value than Lids.

j959

Quote from: bonebones on May 11, 2012, 08:01:58 PM
you don't have other def 'rooks' to upgrade??

Delids is a good pick at this point in time - just thinking upgrading Ellis/Morris would make more sense if you have them??
(but guess you don't)  ;)

too hard to really separate Bugg and Clarke, though when unsure go with experience, so I would plump in keeping Clarke over Bugg but may be much of a muchness??

bonebones

Brilliant help guys. Have Ellis but not enough coin and don't want to wait as I want to try and win my league game. I'm going Bugg - lids as I think he may outs ore him by 70