Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: no eye deer on May 09, 2012, 07:44:19 AM
Quote from: tabs on May 08, 2012, 11:23:46 PM
Quote from: no eye deer on May 08, 2012, 10:23:32 PM
Hey all! What do you think is more important, keeping DPP and unloading Magner early, or starting to shed my GWS players and losing DPP. Got to trade Goodes out this round.

Mids are GAJ, Pendles, Jellwood, Priddis, Magner, Shiel, Kennedy, Neale.
Fwds are buddy, Pav, Goodes, Martin, Porps, Milera, Smith, Treleor, Cameron.

Could go Goodes- Adams, then Kennedy to Murphy, (lose DPP, too many GWS, but get Murphy who is a must have sooner or later)
                Goodes- fwd prem, then Magner to Horsely, ( Magner not peaked yet?)
                Goodes - fwd prem, Kennedy to Adams, ( still to many GWS?)

Or any number of other options, but you get my drift. 21 trades left, going for league win. Any other ideas? Cheers for any replies.
Not many of the Rookies have really peaked yet, but if you want the cash Adams and Horsley are the best 2 to consider. I have Goodes but i am keeping him as i want the cash from Horsley and Adams this week and I will be trading Goodes probably next week. Guys like Smith Kennedy, Milera and Magner will go up about $50K in the next 3 weeks whilst Adams and Horsley will increase about $90 in one week. Cameron and Treloar have about 2-3 weeks left as well.

Goodes to Adams, then Kennedy to Murphy is a good move as you still have 5 GWS players but you gain a GC player, in which most will need to be traded out.

What GC player would I gain? Adams is GWS. :)
sorry got mixed up between Adams and Horsley

Noz

Here's the lines and here's the idea:

Mid: Ablett, Rocky, Murphy, Swan, Shiel, Magner (Pfeiffer, McDonald)
Forwards: Franklin, Lewis, Goodes, Martin, Sidebottom, Porpylzia, Kennedy (Treloar, Hall)
With 17 trades left
Option 1: Pfeiffer to the forward line Goodes in the mids and trade Goodes to one of Mitchell or Dal Santo.
Option 2: Goodes in mids for Pfeiffer trade Pfeiffer to Horsley, Shiel to Pendles.
Option 3: Sideways trade Goodes to another premium.

no eye deer

Quote from: tabs on May 09, 2012, 06:07:34 PM
Quote from: no eye deer on May 09, 2012, 07:44:19 AM
Quote from: tabs on May 08, 2012, 11:23:46 PM
Quote from: no eye deer on May 08, 2012, 10:23:32 PM
Hey all! What do you think is more important, keeping DPP and unloading Magner early, or starting to shed my GWS players and losing DPP. Got to trade Goodes out this round.

Mids are GAJ, Pendles, Jellwood, Priddis, Magner, Shiel, Kennedy, Neale.
Fwds are buddy, Pav, Goodes, Martin, Porps, Milera, Smith, Treleor, Cameron.

Could go Goodes- Adams, then Kennedy to Murphy, (lose DPP, too many GWS, but get Murphy who is a must have sooner or later)
                Goodes- fwd prem, then Magner to Horsely, ( Magner not peaked yet?)
                Goodes - fwd prem, Kennedy to Adams, ( still to many GWS?)

Or any number of other options, but you get my drift. 21 trades left, going for league win. Any other ideas? Cheers for any replies.
Not many of the Rookies have really peaked yet, but if you want the cash Adams and Horsley are the best 2 to consider. I have Goodes but i am keeping him as i want the cash from Horsley and Adams this week and I will be trading Goodes probably next week. Guys like Smith Kennedy, Milera and Magner will go up about $50K in the next 3 weeks whilst Adams and Horsley will increase about $90 in one week. Cameron and Treloar have about 2-3 weeks left as well.

Goodes to Adams, then Kennedy to Murphy is a good move as you still have 5 GWS players but you gain a GC player, in which most will need to be traded out.

What GC player would I gain? Adams is GWS. :)
sorry got mixed up between Adams and Horsley

Nah, all good mate, wish Adams was GC, would solve a few problems. Even better if Horsely was DPP! :)

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Noz on May 09, 2012, 10:15:10 PM
Here's the lines and here's the idea:

Mid: Ablett, Rocky, Murphy, Swan, Shiel, Magner (Pfeiffer, McDonald)
Forwards: Franklin, Lewis, Goodes, Martin, Sidebottom, Porpylzia, Kennedy (Treloar, Hall)
With 17 trades left
Option 1: Pfeiffer to the forward line Goodes in the mids and trade Goodes to one of Mitchell or Dal Santo.
Option 2: Goodes in mids for Pfeiffer trade Pfeiffer to Horsley, Shiel to Pendles.
Option 3: Sideways trade Goodes to another premium.

Swap Kennedy and Pfeiffer.
Kennedy --> Horsely
Goodes --> Dangerfield.

Kennedy has reached his ceiling IMO, and Dangerfield is going to be in the top 5 fwds if he can keep this scoring up.

woofy

Was going to trade Shiel to sidebottom/beams next week but now that nic nac is out im thinking about pulling the trigger a week earlier as my opponent has cox and he should score like last week. My team looks weaker now that I'll be copping a donut unless redden or big o play. Sidebottom/beams to replace smith/treloar on the field in the forward line.

So do you guys think I should take a risk and trade next week or pull the trigger tomorrow?

Fletch74

Quote from: woofy on May 10, 2012, 04:27:20 PM
Was going to trade Shiel to sidebottom/beams next week but now that nic nac is out im thinking about pulling the trigger a week earlier as my opponent has cox and he should score like last week. My team looks weaker now that I'll be copping a donut unless redden or big o play. Sidebottom/beams to replace smith/treloar on the field in the forward line.

So do you guys think I should take a risk and trade next week or pull the trigger tomorrow?

Think you have to pull the trigger now. As much as Smith/Treloar still have money to make, sometimes you have to cut it short like in this case. I'd pull the trigger on Smith, as he has the less of the money to make, for either of the 2 Pies, but I'd go Sidebottom if I was making the choice, no specific reason though.

woofy

Quote from: Fletch74 on May 10, 2012, 05:48:03 PM
Quote from: woofy on May 10, 2012, 04:27:20 PM

Think you have to pull the trigger now. As much as Smith/Treloar still have money to make, sometimes you have to cut it short like in this case. I'd pull the trigger on Smith, as he has the less of the money to make, for either of the 2 Pies, but I'd go Sidebottom if I was making the choice, no specific reason though.

thanks for the reply. i'm actually thinking about trading out shiel so i can have a dpp link between mid/fwd. both smith and shiel have similar breakevens although shiel averages more.. still trade smith or shiel? below is how my mid/fwd will look if i trade shiel to sidebottom.

ablett,pendles,murphy,selwood,horse,jmac - manger,smith

buddy,chappy,martin,danger,sidebottom,porps,treloar - cameron, hall

Sundown24

The Team:
DEF: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, H. Scotland, M. Suckling, M. Clarke, T. Bugg, C. Dempsey (B. Ellis, B. Smedts)
MID: M. Murphy, D. Swan, M. Boyd, J. Magner, D. Shiel, J. McDonald (J. Caddy, S. Coniglio)
RUC: D. Cox, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, S. Sidebottom, N. Riewoldt, A. Goodes, D. Martin, J. Porplyzia, A. Kennedy (T. Milera, D. Smith)
CASH LEFT: $77,200

The ideas:

1. Downgrade both Caddy > Horsley  &  Goodes > Adams = $580K roughly cash in hand (Ablett the week after for Magnet)
2. Just downgrade Caddy > Horsley, and trade Goodes > Rioli/Dangerfield/Johnson (who?)
3. Trade Caddy > Ablett, by downgrading Goodes > Adams  (leaves me only $1,600 total cap)

Ringo

Quote from: Sundown24 on May 10, 2012, 09:59:57 PM
The Team:
DEF: B. Deledio, B. Goddard, H. Scotland, M. Suckling, M. Clarke, T. Bugg, C. Dempsey (B. Ellis, B. Smedts)
MID: M. Murphy, D. Swan, M. Boyd, J. Magner, D. Shiel, J. McDonald (J. Caddy, S. Coniglio)
RUC: D. Cox, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, S. Sidebottom, N. Riewoldt, A. Goodes, D. Martin, J. Porplyzia, A. Kennedy (T. Milera, D. Smith)
CASH LEFT: $77,200

The ideas:

1. Downgrade both Caddy > Horsley  &  Goodes > Adams = $580K roughly cash in hand (Ablett the week after for Magnet)
2. Just downgrade Caddy > Horsley, and trade Goodes > Rioli/Dangerfield/Johnson (who?)
3. Trade Caddy > Ablett, by downgrading Goodes > Adams  (leaves me only $1,600 total cap)
Good cases can be made for all three.  The big question is how much will Ablett score Has a b/e of 121 so if he kills that price will rise again but if he falls below price will fall and will have a B/e the week after as thw 182 will disappear from his rolling average. So based on that Option 3 may be the best but also has some risk.
Similarly Option 1 by waiting a week Ablett may have gone up too much for you to afford.
Option 2 is the conservative approach Just be wary of the choice as you already have 3 Prems with Round 13 bye. No secret if you read forums that Goodes to Beams is my preferred option.

GCSkiwi

Thanks for the tips so far Ringo!

Aaron Hall of GCS, not getting games, thinking of trading him to Adams
Pros: Adams playing and on the bubble, doing well
Cons: Not much $ made off Hall, gives me 6 GWS boys (Already have giles, jmac, bugg, mohr, treloar), GWS rotations to be wary of.

Fwds: Franklin, Pavlich, Dusty, Dangerfield, Christensen, Milera, Treloar (Hall, Pfieffer)

16 trades and 196k left

thoughts?

Ringo

Quote from: GCSkiwi on May 10, 2012, 10:14:40 PM

Cons: Not much $ made off Hall, gives me 6 GWS boys (Already have giles, jmac, bugg, mohr, treloar), GWS rotations to be wary of.

Fwds: Franklin, Pavlich, Dusty, Dangerfield, Christensen, Milera, Treloar (Hall, Pfieffer)

16 trades and 196k left

thoughts?
Would have thought with Coast injury problems if Hall was going to get games would have got them in the last couple of weeks. So basically what you are deciding is Adams going to rise in cash more quickly should Hall be named in the next few weeks. With so many GWS Players you need to start working out trading plans for non keepers so they are out by Round 11 even it means only 3 weeks of gain for Adams. Personally I would possibly go Millera to Adams and hold Hall because you can always trade him in Round 12 if need be.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Ringo on May 10, 2012, 10:24:29 PM
Quote from: GCSkiwi on May 10, 2012, 10:14:40 PM

16 trades and 196k left

thoughts?
Would have thought with Coast injury problems if Hall was going to get games would have got them in the last couple of weeks. So basically what you are deciding is Adams going to rise in cash more quickly should Hall be named in the next few weeks. With so many GWS Players you need to start working out trading plans for non keepers so they are out by Round 11 even it means only 3 weeks of gain for Adams. Personally I would possibly go Millera to Adams and hold Hall because you can always trade him in Round 12 if need be.

I'm thinking it's unlikely hall will get any game time soon with Risky and Ablett back now... Wary of the round 11 bye but also I have quite a few players out then (currently 10 will be out, with no ruck cover if orren and redden don't start playing) so thinking maybe I will take a loss in round 11 to conserve trades. Was planning on keeping Milera for as long as possible, still seems to have cash to make and with a round 13 bye I was hoping he might see me through to then...

no eye deer

G'day gurus! Two options this week, first- Goodes to Sidey or Beams, Magner to Horsely. ( safe).
                                                           Second option- Goodes to Pearce, Magner to Horsely leaving me $275 grand in the bank, and hopefully Shiel makes enough and Murphy drops enough to allowme to do a straight swap in a week or so.

Is Pearce worth the risk? Getting Murfs would really cement my mids, I need him!
  Keeping Kennedy this week as I want to keep my DPP link.

Mids- GAJ, Pendles, Jellwood, Priddis, Magner, Kennedy, Shiel, Neale.
Fwds- Buddy,, Goodes, Pav, Martin, Porps, Devon, Treloar, Milera, Cameron.

As always comments and advice most appreciated!

Cruiseon

NED, I reckon your safe idea is the better but you are better waiting and getting in the Premium you want and can keep for the full year. I don't think this is Pearce.

I said elsewhere re Magner, its like 'pulling the cake out of the oven before it is cooked'.

Ringo

There are differing thoughts on the DPP value this year given the 3 round bye draw.
Your decision but something to consider
If you swap Kennedy and Goodes and trade Goodes to Murphy will the gain in points outweigh loosing DPP and set your mids earlier.
Whilst Pearce is scoring well can he maintain this scoring.  If bringing him in would have to be a keeper as you will be paying $448k for him.  Bit of a risk in my opinion but risks need to be taken to get the peanuts.

As you say you can play safe with no 1 option.

Have you considered sidelining Goodes for one week and doing Magner to Horsely and Millera to Adams.