Ask the Coaches??

Started by Ringo, April 23, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Here is a question for the coaches

I need to start 3 of the following 5 players in my backs, which 2 do you start? and who is the emergency??
Bower v GWS
Lake v Pies
Hargrave v Pies
Clarke v Dogs
Ellis v Port

or do i play 2 emergencies as have Birchall, Shaw, Bower and Hargrave coming back this weekend

j959

Quote from: tabs on May 04, 2012, 03:59:13 PM

I need to start 3 of the following 5 players in my backs, which 2 do you start? and who is the emergency??
Bower v GWS
Lake v Pies
Hargrave v Pies
Clarke v Dogs
Ellis v Port

or do i play 2 emergencies as have Birchall, Shaw, Bower and Hargrave coming back this weekend
Abundance of riches in the backline tabs!
tough one - I'd plump for Lake and Clarke just to 'off-set' any team stacking (ie Lake + Hargrave) but Ellis against Port is very tempting.

did you mean 3 on the field or 2 plus the emergency?
anyway I would rate in order of Lake, Clarke, Hargrave then Ellis ...

if Blues play to potential, Bower shouldn't see much of it in the backline should he??  ;)

boneman

Coaches any feedback would be terrific. It is GAJ related but I really am not sure what plan of attack. My main worries are the CASH I have (to afford to get him back if traded) and the BYES to come (trying to avoid 2 Prem missing in each position).

Trade - Pendlebury or Murphy (best fits I can see for the byes). Pendlebury is at his bargain base price. Price rise of about $10k. Murphy has a high BE and looks like dropping the same price Pendles goes up.
http://tooserious.net/stats.php?page_num=2

Keep - I figure most people were looking at a minimum of 2 weeks with Ablett on the sidelines anyway, which gives you till next week to decide on a replacement if the knee looks worse than it is. Im not worried about overall, concentrating on leagues. Am 2-1 at worse in my leagues (with some 3-0).

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Shaw, Bugg, Lake, Ellis (Morris, Townsend)
Mid: Selwood, Boyd, Montagna, Magner, Shiel, McDonald (Ablett, Ledger)
Ruck: Giles, Redden (Sandlilands, Stephenson)
For: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt.N, Dangerfield, Martin, Kennedy, Smith.D (Hall, Treloar)

20 Trades - $26,600

Capper

Quote from: j959 on May 04, 2012, 05:15:19 PM
Quote from: tabs on May 04, 2012, 03:59:13 PM

Bower v GWS
Lake v Pies
Hargrave v Pies
Clarke v Dogs
Ellis v Port

Abundance of riches in the backline tabs!
tough one - I'd plump for Lake and Clarke just to 'off-set' any team stacking (ie Lake + Hargrave) but Ellis against Port is very tempting.

did you mean 3 on the field or 2 plus the emergency?
anyway I would rate in order of Lake, Clarke, Hargrave then Ellis ...

if Blues play to potential, Bower shouldn't see much of it in the backline should he??  ;)
i can see bower sitting on cameron the whole game and his only possessions would be kick ins, HBs and tackles

Capper

Quote from: boneman on May 04, 2012, 05:21:45 PM
Coaches any feedback would be terrific. It is GAJ related but I really am not sure what plan of attack. My main worries are the CASH I have (to afford to get him back if traded) and the BYES to come (trying to avoid 2 Prem missing in each position).

Trade - Pendlebury or Murphy (best fits I can see for the byes). Pendlebury is at his bargain base price. Price rise of about $10k. Murphy has a high BE and looks like dropping the same price Pendles goes up.

Keep - I figure most people were looking at a minimum of 2 weeks with Ablett on the sidelines anyway, which gives you till next week to decide on a replacement if the knee looks worse than it is. Im not worried about overall, concentrating on leagues. Am 2-1 at worse in my leagues (with some 3-0).

For: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt.N, Dangerfield, Martin, Kennedy, Smith.D (Hall, Treloar)

20 Trades - $26,600
i would be more worried about your rucks as Redden, Big O and Sandi are not playing

jamesalex

19 trades left, which option:

1. Redden to Longer to avoid the donut.?
2. Hall to Pffeifer
3. Cop the ruck donut and pass on Pffeifer

Thanks

Capper

Quote from: jamesalex on May 04, 2012, 06:16:50 PM
19 trades left, which option:

1. Redden to Longer to avoid the donut.?
2. Hall to Pffeifer
3. Cop the ruck donut and pass on Pffeifer

Thanks
longer wont be the main ruck so he may not score well. I dont know if he will play everyweek and dont know whats happening with Redden either. I would tkae the donut and dont chase the money with PFeiffer. Option 3

boneman

Quote from: tabs on May 04, 2012, 05:50:15 PM
Quote from: boneman on May 04, 2012, 05:21:45 PM

20 Trades - $26,600
i would be more worried about your rucks as Redden, Big O and Sandi are not playing

I am sticking with a donut this week in the ruck and waiting on Sandilands. No action next week and i'll move on him. Brought him in for Mumford like most  >:(

Thoughts on the Ablett scenario?  :-\

Locinator

Which trade/s guys

Team is

Goddard, Lids, Shaw, Broughton, Lake, Bugg, Clarke (Ellis, Hombsch)
Selwood, Rocky, Magner, Shiel, Old Mac, Cogs (Zorko, GAJ)
Nic Nat, Giles (Jarrad Redden, Big O)
Franklin, Fyfe, Rioli, Martin, Sidebottom, Danger, Kennedy (Smith, Hall)

Option 1
Fyfe to Goodes

Option 2
Devon Smith to Pffieffer
Fyfe to Pendlebury. (Zorko to forwardline)

Option 3
Redden to Longer
Fyfe to JPK (Zorko to forwardline)

Please answer I must do this within 20 minutes

Capper

Quote from: Locinator on May 04, 2012, 07:02:09 PM
Which trade/s guys

Team is

Goddard, Lids, Shaw, Broughton, Lake, Bugg, Clarke (Ellis, Hombsch)
Selwood, Rocky, Magner, Shiel, Old Mac, Cogs (Zorko, GAJ)
Nic Nat, Giles (Jarrad Redden, Big O)
Franklin, Fyfe, Rioli, Martin, Sidebottom, Danger, Kennedy (Smith, Hall)

Option 1
Fyfe to Goodes

Option 2
Devon Smith to Pffieffer
Fyfe to Pendlebury. (Zorko to forwardline)

Option 3
Redden to Longer
Fyfe to JPK (Zorko to forwardline)

Please answer I must do this within 20 minutes
Option 1 as Longer isnt long term and neither is Pfeifffer

dogdog

What are your thoughts on Boyd to Murphy next round? Dissapointed Boyd got 25+ possies but couldnt crack the ton. Have 17 trades left

Capper

Quote from: dogdog on May 05, 2012, 12:02:49 AM
What are your thoughts on Boyd to Murphy next round? Dissapointed Boyd got 25+ possies but couldnt crack the ton. Have 17 trades left
not worth the trade imo, what is your current mid structure

Slammer

Hey guys

Really  concerned now. Traded fairly aggressively
so far this year and now with Goodes, ablett and Sandi on bench with rookies close to peaking.
Really need some help with my next moves. 18 trades left. Do I trade Goodes? But to who. Only 11k in bank. Any
Advice would be appreciated

B: Goddard, lids, shaw, lake, malceski, bugg, Clarke (Morris, Ellis)
M: pendles, Boyd, Thompson, coniglio, McDonald, shiel (ablett, magner)
R: Giles, sandi (Stephenson, redden)
F: Franklin, Harvey, Goodes, side bottom, Martin, Milera, pieffer ( Treloar, Cameron )

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Slammer on May 07, 2012, 03:42:47 PM
Hey guys

Really  concerned now. Traded fairly aggressively
so far this year and now with Goodes, ablett and Sandi on bench with rookies close to peaking.
Really need some help with my next moves. 18 trades left. Do I trade Goodes? But to who. Only 11k in bank. Any
Advice would be appreciated

B: Goddard, lids, shaw, lake, malceski, bugg, Clarke (Morris, Ellis)
M: pendles, Boyd, Thompson, coniglio, McDonald, shiel (ablett, magner)
R: Giles, sandi (Stephenson, redden)
F: Franklin, Harvey, Goodes, side bottom, Martin, Milera, pieffer ( Treloar, Cameron )
Personally, I'd be looking at Goodes --> Dangerfield/Beams, and Milera --> Adams.
Hopefully Sandi plays this week, but your team's looking pretty solid imo.

GCSkiwi

Hey coaches, heres the team

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Hargrave, Mohr, Bugg, Ellis (Smedts, Morris)
Mid: Pendles, Jelwood, Boyd, Priddis, Magner, J Mac (Ablett, Pfieffer)
Ruck: Cox, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)
Fwd: Franklin, Pavlich, Dusty, Dangerfield, Christensen, Milera, Kennedy (Hall, Treloar)

17 trades, 95k left. Going for league win.

went Shiel and D Smith to Pendles and Pfieffer last week, perhaps pfieffer a mistake if he can't get full games but thats life

Liking Horsely and GWS Adams but also a few trades down already... Kennedy high BE this week (56) and Hall not playing

a) use DPP with Pfieffer to put Kennedy in mids, Kennedy to Horsely, Hall to Adams, pocket cash

b) Kennedy to Horsely (via Pfieffer), leave Adams

c) leave both, save trades.

d) open to suggestions

[edit] also should note I have 11 out in round 11 bye, which would become 12 if I go kennedy to Horsely alone...